Calling All Doctor Who Fans!

Geekazoid

I'm just wondering, will we ever see Matt Smith regenerate into the 12th doctor? I imagine this would have to be done in the TV movie, but some say that the the doctor, in general, has regenerated too many times for this to happen? What are your thoughts on this guys?

there cant be to many regenerations for a show about a person that lives forever and regenerates instead of death. i think matt will go either after the clara story or a year or so after. and i think it will be a special but not the movie.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I think Souffle girl took care of the Daleks. ;p For awhile at least.............  I think my favorite episode is The Angels Take Manhattan. Its so emotional, I honestly nearly cried when he read the afterword on the last page of the book. No more of that sweet, sexy Amy either. At least Clara is fiiiine as well *smirk*. My favorite Doctor used to be David Tennant, but Matt Smith has completely won me over. Has anyone else noticed the way he says "again"? He says it like "Agaian". Haha anywaysihadbetterstoptalkingbeacuseeverybodyelseontheforumisgonnathinkwe'recrazyBye.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

there cant be to many regenerations for a show about a person that lives forever and regenerates instead of death. i think matt will go either after the clara story or a year or so after. and i think it will be a special but not the movie.

MOVIE? WHAT MOVIE? Why have I not heard of this "Movie"?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 (2x SP120 Quiet Edition)  Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866MHz  PSU: Corsair AX850  GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

I'm not much of a DW fan but over the years catching the occasional episode I've quite enjoyed David Tennant as the doctor :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Who voted for Linus?

(just curious)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I'm just wondering, will we ever see Matt Smith regenerate into the 12th doctor? I imagine this would have to be done in the TV movie, but some say that the the doctor, in general, has regenerated too many times for this to happen? What are your thoughts on this guys?

I'm pretty sure we will, there's been a rumor flying around the internet that  SPOILER:

The Doctor will regenerate into Clara, (which is why she is always around)

But yeah...we will have to wait and see, we might see a possible regeneration on the 50th anniversary? 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

My favourite episode has to be "The Waters of Mars" just because of how perfectly Tennant delivered both speeches on Captain Adelaide's descendents; one in the at the computer terminal, and one at the airlock. That episode was the 1st episode to make me tear up, the 2nd being the recent episode "The Rings of Akhaten" where the Matt Smith says "I saw the birth of the universe and I watched as time ran out, moment by moment until nothing remained. No time. No space. Just me" and "I walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man". Those two phrases really got to me. Finally!, Moffat gives Matt Smith some good lines! It's those lines and the execution of them that made Tennant so big (btw 10th still my fav and always will be my doctor). But the lines that Matt Smith got finally showed that he can equally, if not better execute them with sadness and sorrow and the emotion of living as a time lord.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Post delete button?

Edited by Jaybird

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Post delete button?

not there

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I'm pretty sure we will, there's been a rumor flying around the internet that  SPOILER:

The Doctor will regenerate into Clara, (which is why she is always around)

But yeah...we will have to wait and see, we might see a possible regeneration on the 50th anniversary? 

well they are having a special with tennat and matt smith in the same "movie"

I've got a Doctor Who hypothetical situation for you guys.

Imagine if, when the Doctor regenerated from David Tennant to Matt Smith and something went wrong and they were stuck between regenerations. What do you thing the Doctor would look like then?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I've got a Doctor Who hypothetical situation for you guys.

Imagine if, when the Doctor regenerated from David Tennant to Matt Smith and something went wrong and they were stuck between regenerations. What do you thing the Doctor would look like then?

ugly and deformed lol.

what did you all think of the newest episode? i thought it was kind of lacking personally. 

The latest episode was so predictable, I found it really obvious that the "monster" was the Doctor. Needs more back and forth storylines, the next episode seems more interesting. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

The latest episode was so predictable, I found it really obvious that the "monster" was the Doctor. Needs more back and forth storylines, the next episode seems more interesting. 

ya it was kinda weak im very disappointed so far this season

Favorite doctor for me is david tennant. Like matt smith to though. Pretty sure the rumours about smith regenerating into clara are crap cuz she DIED twice now.... Not disappear... She actually died... Theres something else up with clara.

Anyway it's been known for a while now that matt smith is leaving the show. Probably after the 50th anniversary or at the start of the new season.

Also i think it was mentioned in the old series that the doctor can only regenerate 13 times. Now if you count the 2 regenerations tennant did the next one will be the 13th, and so the last one. However its never been mentioned on the new show so they might just ignore that, or come up with some way to change it or reset it.

My favorite companion has to be amy <3. Really liked her and was sad to see her go.

Favorite episode that comes to mind was blink. That episode was pretty scary at times. It was a near perfect introduction to a new enemy and i loved every second of it. I was a bit annoyed with how they kinda ruined the angels in "the angels take manhattan" the whole statue of liberty thing was a bit to much for me.

I agree on the story telling mentioned here... Theres not much of it in the latest episodes appart from people asking who or what clara is. I also think the monsters are somehow to easy... I dont see the doctor challenged much anymore.. He just does a few things and the monster is defeated without much trouble. Except in "journey to the center of the tardis" or w/e it was called. That Episode was AWESOME. I think it might be the best episode of this season.

Hmm long post from me... Just one more thing, anyone else here still wondering what happened to the doctors daughter? If clara really is regenerating... Maybe she is his daughter? Just a thought...

I have no signature

I also dont like how there HAS to be a monster. i miss the ones where he was a diplomat or people were doing something bad not because a monster told them to but because the were genuinely bad people.

i cant remember the name of the episode, but the one with 11th dr. on the never ending freeway with the smog out side. that was great.

i cant remember the name of the episode, but the one with 11th dr. on the never ending freeway with the smog out side. that was great.

Gridlock, That was a good episode.

Also i think it was mentioned in the old series that the doctor can only regenerate 13 times. Now if you count the 2 regenerations tennant did the next one will be the 13th, and so the last one. However its never been mentioned on the new show so they might just ignore that, or come up with some way to change it or reset it.

Hmm long post from me... Just one more thing, anyone else here still wondering what happened to the doctors daughter? If clara really is regenerating... Maybe she is his daughter? Just a thought...

The old series does only allow for 14 incarnations of the doctor. So 13 regenerations. But like you say they might just ignore it but I hope not. I also don't want them to finish Doctor Who. They can be clever and make a work around to the issue, the Doctor can search for a way to prevent his death, maybe have to break into the Time War to get to a Timelord secret or ask the Master because he could come back. In the old series there was an episode where the Master is trying to gain more regenerations. I cannot remember if he was successful or was stopped but there is a way to circumvent the 14 incarnations.

I don't think Clara is the Doctors daughter only because like you say she has died twice, actually died. It would be cool to have an episode with the Doctors daughter again. I also think if Clara was the doctors daughter then he would feel it. Or she would know more.... The current version of Clara not even knowing about twitter..... :P

Gridlock, That was a good episode.

The old series does only allow for 14 incarnations of the doctor. So 13 regenerations. But like you say they might just ignore it but I hope not. I also don't want them to finish Doctor Who. They can be clever and make a work around to the issue, the Doctor can search for a way to prevent his death, maybe have to break into the Time War to get to a Timelord secret or ask the Master because he could come back. In the old series there was an episode where the Master is trying to gain more regenerations. I cannot remember if he was successful or was stopped but there is a way to circumvent the 14 incarnations.

I don't think Clara is the Doctors daughter only because like you say she has died twice, actually died. It would be cool to have an episode with the Doctors daughter again. I also think if Clara was the doctors daughter then he would feel it. Or she would know more.... The current version of Clara not even knowing about twitter..... :P

clara could be how the circumvent the whole 14 incarnation thing she may be the answer some one who lives infinitly in every period of time.

Big matt smith fan here ;)

Tennant was good, ecclestone also, but...yeah, i like matt smith's style quite a lot more and also moffat is doing a good job (IMHO - i know that many don't agree with that^^)

I also like Clara, although she is a bit like Amy Pond...^^

Good news everyone...!

Big matt smith fan here ;)

Tennant was good, ecclestone also, but...yeah, i like matt smith's style quite a lot more and also moffat is doing a good job (IMHO - i know that many don't agree with that^^)

I also like Clara, although she is a bit like Amy Pond...^^

Its not that i hate moffat hes good just the way he is taking the show i dont approve of.

It's also a matter of the depth and effort put into the episodes nowadays. If you look back at the Eccleston and Tennant episodes they usually had a lot of depth to their story. Why is the bad guy the bad guy, why did the doctor respond as he did, how did this place the doctor is visiting come to be etc. Since Russel T Davies' departure they've mostly forsaken that with a couple of notable exceptions.

For example with the latest episode. Why did that old woman want to destroy humanity? Why was she insane enough to experiment on her own daughter? How did this woman get the wealth and power to build or obtain Sweetsville? The only thing they had in the episode to suggest any of that is a single, simple and relatively meaningless reference to her being an accomplished chemist or something of the sort.

I don't like it when Doctor Who has bad guys who are bad just for the sake of being the bad guys. The Daleks, The Cybermen, The Master, The Slitheen - they all had motivations and reasoning behind their actions and usually allowed the viewer to empathise at least slightly with them. :)

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I loved Christopher Eccleston's doctor. It's such a shame he didn't stay on for longer.

Also,

I thought 11 was going to regenerate during/soon after the 50th Anniversary special.

no he gets to angry could you imagine instead of daleks he would fight non closed cell foams 

I'd probably watch this :-)

i5 3570k @ 4.1ghz -- Hyper 212 Evo -- NVIDIA GTX670 -- 8gb RAM -- 128gb Samsung 830 -- 256gb Samsung 830 -- 2TB Seagate 7200rpm -- Phantom 410 -- Leopold TKL Brown Switches -- Logitech G600

It's also a matter of the depth and effort put into the episodes nowadays. If you look back at the Eccleston and Tennant episodes they usually had a lot of depth to their story. Why is the bad guy the bad guy, why did the doctor respond as he did, how did this place the doctor is visiting come to be etc. Since Russel T Davies' departure they've mostly forsaken that with a couple of notable exceptions.

For example with the latest episode. Why did that old woman want to destroy humanity? Why was she insane enough to experiment on her own daughter? How did this woman get the wealth and power to build or obtain Sweetsville? The only thing they had in the episode to suggest any of that is a single, simple and relatively meaningless reference to her being an accomplished chemist or something of the sort.

I don't like it when Doctor Who has bad guys who are bad just for the sake of being the bad guys. The Daleks, The Cybermen, The Master, The Slitheen - they all had motivations and reasoning behind their actions and usually allowed the viewer to empathise at least slightly with them. :)

SPOILER:

The parasite was her reasoning it "brainwashed her" as for the money i have no idea.