Calling All Doctor Who Fans!

Geekazoid

I don't concur with that opinion :P Especially because of that, Matt Smith is doing a marvellous job and the doctor changed with every regeneration since the first one. David Tennant was also more "open" then ecclestones doctor.

And especially that "PMS-Y" makes matt smith such a great doctor in my opinion, it gave the show a huge new spin. I never watched Doctor Who regulary (i watched Torchwood regulary, because Captain Jack was very "active" and had so much "energy")

That "PMS-Y" also makes, in comination with that soundtrack, just epic episodes, where you can really feel that the doctor is in control and simultaneously isn't^^

I dont like the doctor being in control it is impossible to be in control he almost seems cocky. its not matt himself its the writing 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

ya and they done do enough sciencey things anymore its all magic and crap

It's all just getting a bit too cheesy for me, I re-watched 'waters of mars' the other day specifically for when he loses it and changes a fixed point. And they completely disregard the lore established around it. It's prolly just me being picky though, watching since it's reincarnation back in '05 and all.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

It's all just getting a bit too cheesy for me, I re-watched 'waters of mars' the other day specifically for when he loses it and changes a fixed point. And they completely disregard the lore established around it. It's prolly just me being picky though, watching since it's reincarnation back in '05 and all.

ya i have watched only the 05 to now ones and i like the older ones because they took science into account there have been so many paradoxes the doctor has created and they just ignore it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

ya i have watched only the 05 to now ones and i like the older ones because they took science into account there have been so many paradoxes the doctor has created and they just ignore it.

It's quite annoying when they try to be serious, but try to pander to kids. Like waters of mars, perfect example of this.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

It's quite annoying when they try to be serious, but try to pander to kids. Like waters of mars, perfect example of this.

ya i like the more hard core scifi stuff they have softened up lately and its like they care nothing of the people who actually understand half the stuff they are talking about.

ya i like the more hard core scifi stuff they have softened up lately and its like they care nothing of the people who actually understand half the stuff they are talking about.

You said that, i thought of this : 

really good show, but it was cancelled after the first season. Perfect example really.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I have never watched Dr Who. It sounds interesting, but there are only a few shows I watch on TV.

netflix. and it is a show for certain people not every one likes it

You said that, i thought of this : 

really good show, but it was cancelled after the first season. Perfect example really.

never saw that show. it seemed a bit like fire fly and i for some reason didnt like firefly. idk why just never caught my eye

never saw that show. it seemed a bit like fire fly and i for some reason didnt like firefly. idk why just never caught my eye

God, i loved Firefly. The show wasn't much like firefly, it was quite in depth, the entire first season was all character development. It annoys me because this was the one sci-fi that wasn't all explosions and was more logic and intrigue, and it got cancelled. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d0Mx-_rOLw

The part at the end of that video always gives me goosebumps

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

God, i loved Firefly. The show wasn't much like firefly, it was quite in depth, the entire first season was all character development. It annoys me because this was the one sci-fi that wasn't all explosions and was more logic and intrigue, and it got cancelled. :(

maybe i would have liked it. i really didnt like firefly at all though

i went on reddit and asked why people loved firefly and i got yelled at a lot for disliking it :p

i went on reddit and asked why people loved firefly and i got yelled at a lot for disliking it :P

hah, well, for me it was the characters and the setting.

The time spent on Serenity didn't feel like a filler for what actually happens, the dialogue comfortably bounced from one person to another. The ship was so greatly thought out, the details were precise. It was all in all my favourite Sci-fi to date. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

hah, well, for me it was the characters and the setting.

The time spent on Serenity didn't feel like a filler for what actually happens, the dialogue comfortably bounced from one person to another. The ship was so greatly thought out, the details were precise. It was all in all my favourite Sci-fi to date. 

i just didnt like it. and you talking about the ship made me think. i dont really like the new tardis. i liked it when it looked like it was made from scraps and what not

i just didnt like it. and you talking about the ship made me think. i dont really like the new tardis. i liked it when it looked like it was made from scraps and what not

I don't mind the new look, she's had her time to fix herself up and whatnot, only thing i would have liked to see is a gradual progression towards it being in that state

Also, i just found this. 

O9pNTTP.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I don't mind the new look, she's had her time to fix herself up and whatnot, only thing i would have liked to see is a gradual progression towards it being in that state

ya i guess you are right i just liked eccelstons more

ya i guess you are right i just liked eccelstons more

God, i haven't seen eccelston's tardis in forever!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ya i was just thinking about it im gonna have to re watch the old seasons 

Also, i just found this. 

O9pNTTP.gif

nightmares is all i have to say to this.

ya i was just thinking about it im gonna have to re watch the old seasons 

I might join you actually.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

lol i will get some fish fingers and custard (favorite thing from matt smith)  and we can hop on the couch. :P

nightmares.

We're friends now. Also, my notifications have went crazy from this post!

udsmaxe.png

Pfft fish fingers and custard! I'm Scottish! I'll fry something!

i'd totally be down with watching them in a group!

Also, we've got like, 5 pages of our conversation now XD

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

lol that is pretty funny didnt notice you were scottish.

ya if only there was a way to watch in a group. 

lol that is pretty funny didnt notice you were scottish.

ya if only there was a way to watch in a group. 

Skype, my friend. Skype and some technical wizardry

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Skype, my friend. Skype and some technical wizardry

lol its 3:00 am where im at i dont think it will work atleast not now lol maybe another time :D

this needs to be a permanent part of the forum