Calling All Doctor Who Fans!

Geekazoid

It's also a matter of the depth and effort put into the episodes nowadays. If you look back at the Eccleston and Tennant episodes they usually had a lot of depth to their story. Why is the bad guy the bad guy, why did the doctor respond as he did, how did this place the doctor is visiting come to be etc. Since Russel T Davies' departure they've mostly forsaken that with a couple of notable exceptions.

For example with the latest episode. Why did that old woman want to destroy humanity? Why was she insane enough to experiment on her own daughter? How did this woman get the wealth and power to build or obtain Sweetsville? The only thing they had in the episode to suggest any of that is a single, simple and relatively meaningless reference to her being an accomplished chemist or something of the sort.

I don't like it when Doctor Who has bad guys who are bad just for the sake of being the bad guys. The Daleks, The Cybermen, The Master, The Slitheen - they all had motivations and reasoning behind their actions and usually allowed the viewer to empathise at least slightly with them. :)

What about that Parasite? What about building up "her world" and all this stuff? I can't really say that especially Season 7 is "shallo", on the contrary, i believe it's one of the deeper seasons, where you have to think a lot for your selfe and put the pieces together

Good news everyone...!

David Tennant!! He's so cute and nerdy! And he's a total badass!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

David Tennant!! He's so cute and nerdy! And he's a total badass!

why thankyou :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

What about that Parasite? What about building up "her world" and all this stuff? I can't really say that especially Season 7 is "shallo", on the contrary, i believe it's one of the deeper seasons, where you have to think a lot for your selfe and put the pieces together

meh the seasons with rose still take the cake for deepness imo i am getting rally nostalgic for the first few seasons and rose they were so great i might re watch them :p

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Man this is a great topic thread thing :D

Reporting in for duty! 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

what did you all think of the newest episode? i thought it was kind of lacking personally. 

I think the whole series so far has been lackluster tbh.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Reporting in for duty! 

welcome and dont touch anything ;)

I think the whole series so far has been lackluster tbh.

I couldnt agree more. i hope they use clara to her full potential though if not i will be very angry and write many letters.

welcome and dont touch anything ;)

Too late! I nudged the quantum wobbly defibrillator stick, sorry.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Too late! I nudged the quantum wobbly defibrillator stick, sorry.

Its ok all you did was send us flying into the largest mass near us. what would that be you ask? 

the sun :/

I couldnt agree more. i hope they use clara to her full potential though if not i will be very angry and write many letters.

Clara doesn't really interest me much if i'm honest. And to be completely honest I don't think i'll enjoy the 50th anniversary episode either, because i already know stuff about it, it ruins it all for me.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Clara doesn't really interest me much if i'm honest. And to be completely honest I don't think i'll enjoy the 50th anniversary episode either, because i already know stuff about it, it ruins it all for me.

ya but clara could be quite cool if they do it right.

in the original series they said that there can only be 14 incarnations but the master was looking for a way to make it longer. so what they could do is make clara the answer.. a girl in every point in time and she could somehow be the answer and the doctor could have to decide to either save her or himself and then find a way to do both. it would be very cool and they could do alot with it 

in the original series they said that there can only be 14 incarnations but the master was looking for a way to make it longer. so what they could do is make clara the answer.. a girl in every point in time and she could somehow be the answer and the doctor could have to decide to either save her or himself and then find a way to do both. it would be very cool and they could do alot with it 

Wich would mean he would not have to Regenerate and we could get another season with matt smith :P wich would please me, but somehow i think i'm a bit on a lonely point with matt smith...

btw, yes, the eps with rose where great, but i've watched them quite a lot (had a HUGE crush on billie piper :P ) and to be completely honest, i didn't find them THAT deep...most thing where quite "visible" for me

Good news everyone...!

I'd love to see her turn out to be another time lord, maybe another incarnation of his daughter, but she used that DNA recompiler thing that Tennant used to become human. 

we don't know what happens when timelords transfer their regenerations, like River did to the doc'

Also, congrats on 1000 posts!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wich would mean he would not have to Regenerate and we could get another season with matt smith :P wich would please me, but somehow i think i'm a bit on a lonely point with matt smith...

Matt annoys me a little. He portrays the doctor pretty well, especially his bi-polar side. But something about him irks me a little.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Matt annoys me a little. He portrays the doctor pretty well, especially his bi-polar side. But something about him irks me a little.

ya he is kinda pms-y and he seems to have every emotion each episode and i dont like it the doctor isnt supposed to be like that he is supposed to be closed and collected.

Its ok everyone i fixed it. i wrote bbc and told them  about my concerns. this is what i said

"I'm very dissapointed with the season of doctor who so far. the monsters/viliians seem very lackluster there is never any reasoning as to why they are bad or what made them the way they are they all seem to be bad just to be bad with no reason. i also am dissapointed that there are no daleks anymore they were around for 50 years and werent old and they never will get old. also the writing seems very poor and dumbed down. there is also not very much space travel any more there used to be a new planet every episode or atleast more interesting unexplored times. I am however intrueged by how you will deal with the whole doctor can  only have 14 incarnations and seeing how tennant had 2 reincarnations  mat smith is the last doctor. I also the old episodes said something about how the master was looking for a way to get more reincarnations. and i was thinking it would be very cool if clara was the answer to that, a girl in every important point in time, and he would have to decide to either sacrifice her for his own gain or let her live and die. but you CANT let it end happily that is to mainstream and predictable. look at how rose left the first time that was terrible and sad you MUST make this hard to deal with and sad or else you will lose a large portion of your audience. also you need to bring back the psychic paper that was awesome and i was angry to see it go. also the character story has been very poor with the matt smith companions. also there is no doctor story anymore and im sad to see that. also matt doesnt show anger and sadness and frustration like tennant did and its a little frustrating and you make matt sad so often it doesnt make it strange to see him like that. i really do love doctor who but im getting very frustrated and bored the way you have taken the show.

thank you."

the show is now fixed :/

I'd love to see her turn out to be another time lord, maybe another incarnation of his daughter, but she used that DNA recompiler thing that Tennant used to become human. 

we don't know what happens when timelords transfer their regenerations, like River did to the doc'

Also, congrats on 1000 posts!

she already died twice like died died she couldnt be a time lord unless they pull some magical bull shit.

btw, yes, the eps with rose where great, but i've watched them quite a lot (had a HUGE crush on billie piper :P ) and to be completely honest, i didn't find them THAT deep...most thing where quite "visible" for me

ya but they had much more emotion than any other, other than maybe donna. and no they would HAVE to change matt he would be able to absorb her life or something and that would in turn change him and cause a regeneration to show he is reborn and has a second chance.

she already died twice like died died she couldnt be a time lord unless they pull some magical bull shit.

They've done much much worse.

Its ok everyone i fixed it. i wrote bbc and told them  about my concerns.

Oh god, ahahaha.

It's okay people. Our doctor saved the day once again! :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

They've done much much worse.

Oh god, ahahaha.

It's okay people. Our doctor saved the day once again! :D

ya they have done some crap like that but they cant afford to anymore its getting ridiculous. and dang straight i saved the day 

they cant afford to anymore its getting ridiculous

You can say that again. I'm already getting fed up with the whole "oh, we're super popular now, lets try to pander to as broad an audience as possible!" thing

Seriously, go back and watch some episodes from Eccleston. There's tonnes of references that only certain people would get, like the Big Brother and the weakest link with the Anne-droid references.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ya he is kinda pms-y and he seems to have every emotion each episode and i dont like it the doctor isnt supposed to be like that he is supposed to be closed and collected.

I don't concur with that opinion :P Especially because of that, Matt Smith is doing a marvellous job and the doctor changed with every regeneration since the first one. David Tennant was also more "open" then ecclestones doctor.

And especially that "PMS-Y" makes matt smith such a great doctor in my opinion, it gave the show a huge new spin. I never watched Doctor Who regulary (i watched Torchwood regulary, because Captain Jack was very "active" and had so much "energy")

That "PMS-Y" also makes, in comination with that soundtrack, just epic episodes, where you can really feel that the doctor is in control and simultaneously isn't^^

Good news everyone...!

You can say that again. I'm already getting fed up with the whole "oh, we're super popular now, lets try to pander to as broad an audience as possible!" thing

Seriously, go back and watch some episodes from Eccleston. There's tonnes of references that only certain people would get, like the Big Brother and the weakest link with the Anne-droid references.

ya and they dont do enough sciencey things anymore its all magic and crap