Is this website owned By linus media group?

Applesonysoft
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

The forum is owned by LMG, and moderated by members of the community.

This forum? Yes it is.

It's linked on their contact us page too as such: https://linusmediagroup.com/contact-us

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The forum is owned by LMG, and moderated by members of the community.

To elaborate a little further on that:

• LMG pays for the hosting, storage and forum engine.
  • several LMG staff are moderators here, including (but not limited to!) Jake, Alex, Collin, Anthony and of course Linus. None are active in the daily moderation of the forum.
  • as mentioned, daily moderation of the forums is done by (respected) community members. They're not paid! At least not by LMG :P
  • Linus does this to free himself and his staff from time-consuming questions of fans/supporters and unfortunately also trolls :( LMG is a business and their prime business is making video, not dealing with trolls, silly questions and legitimately interested people who want advise or show off their builds.

HTH!

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Yes

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

On 1/3/2021 at 3:53 PM, Dutch_Master said:

several LMG staff are moderators here, including (but not limited to!) Jake, Alex, Collin, Anthony and of course Linus. None are active in the daily moderation of the forum.

This is not correct. LMG Staff have elevated powers, but any moderation outside of LMG Official, LTX or Floatplane subforums is handled by community moderators. If LMG Staff notices something that needs to be acted on, they will report it. So calling LMG Staff moderators is not correct.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Owned yes, operated by...welll not really,kinda, basically what Linus said in a recent video, I wonder if he hired someone to be full time moderator yet?

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

1 hour ago, lotus10101 said:

Owned yes, operated by...welll not really,kinda, basically what Linus said in a recent video, I wonder if he hired someone to be full time moderator yet?

I wouldn't have thought this forum is active enough to justify that myself. I've posted on (and been a mod on) forums several times this size for tabletop games and such that operated with all-volunteer mod staff (we occasionally got some free copies of new game sourcebooks and manuals as a "thank-you"). Of course if Linus can afford to pay a person to persons to mod full-time to help the community (perhaps I missed a vid where he talked about this), more power to him. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 minutes ago, Middcore said:

*snip*

1 hour ago, lotus10101 said:

*snip*

Those replies were properly ignoring replies that mods and admins posted explaining this already ...

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1289095-is-this-website-owned-by-linus-media-group/?tab=comments#comment-14356477

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

On 1/3/2021 at 5:41 AM, James Evens said:

short: yes

Oh. I guess Den-Fi doesn't actually own the forum. I guess that joke went over my head

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

9 minutes ago, wall03 said:

Oh. I guess Den-Fi doesn't actually own the forum. I guess that joke went over my head

For tax purposes, Den-FI does not own the forum.