Looking for an alcoholic beverage I can drink during Zoom calls...

Sarra
Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,

Absinthe. Yolo.

... that's a bit less potent than Vodka. I got drunk during the Christmas eve zoom call, and while I've got decent Vodka, it's straight, and at 40% by volume, it's a quick trip from 0% BAC to over the legal driving limit (not that that matters, regardless of what's going on, if I drink any alcohol, I will NOT be driving for at least 10 hours after).

I've been thinking about trying White Claw, or maybe I'll just YOLO it and buy some flavor stuff for the Vodka... Or is the 3% of White Claw too light?

Any suggestions? I HATE beer. I'm not really a fan of wine. Vodka, Whiskey, and Bourbon are my jam. Also, for the record, I do not have a problem with this, I've literally only been drunk twice in my entire life, though once was intentional, and the second time... Less so. XD

PS: It's been a long day for me today, and I'm ludicrously tired, so if this is rambling, nonsense, or whatever, please feel free to disregard. I just edited an hour long video, and I'm glad I'm keeping the original files, because I'm probably going to have to redo it tomorrow. XD

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

2 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Ethanol. Don't expect to live though.

Is it faster, or slower, than Methanol?

14 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

Ethanol. Don't expect to live though.

11 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I don't know how this is done in your country, but here any "pure" ethanol you can buy is diluted on purpose so that it is not fit for consumption (with the exception of ethanol supplied to pharmacies, doctors and medical facilities, but that is tightly controlled).
Methanol should be avoided altogether.

Instead of drinking pure Vodka or buying some falvour version of it, why don't you just mix it to taste with, for example, bitter lemon, cranberry etc. Whiskey and Bourbon also can be mixed with other non-alcoholic beverages, maybe you'll find a combination you like.
One example of an innocuous drink for a zoom call would be whiskey-cola because it should look like regular coca cola.

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

Methanol will kill you faster 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

If you're trying to drink incognito do a cocktail with similar colored liquids.

Rum or whiskey and coke.

Sprite/7up and silver (clear) rum.

Vodka and tonic.

This way you can make the drink as light or as stiff as the situation dictates.

4 hours ago, Snadzies said:

Rum or whiskey and coke.

Vodka and tonic.

This way you can make the drink as light or as stiff as the situation dictates.

Or just use a coffee cup like a regular alcoholic 😛

9 hours ago, greenhorn said:

I don't know how this is done in your country, but here any "pure" ethanol you can buy is diluted on purpose so that it is not fit for consumption (with the exception of ethanol supplied to pharmacies, doctors and medical facilities, but that is tightly controlled).

Yeah, they do that pretty much everywhere, or people would drink it all. It's referred to as 'denatured', mixed with a bitter agent, poison, or preferably, a mix of both.

10 hours ago, greenhorn said:

Instead of drinking pure Vodka or buying some falvour version of it, why don't you just mix it to taste with, for example, bitter lemon, cranberry etc. Whiskey and Bourbon also can be mixed with other non-alcoholic beverages, maybe you'll find a combination you like.

Ah, I need to go to the liquor store. We don't have anything to use for mixing drinks, sadly... I don't care about the taste, honestly, it's the getting drunk that I'm trying to slow down, or even just prevent. XD

8 hours ago, Snadzies said:

Rum or whiskey and coke.

Vodka and tonic.

Does this work with drinks that are sugar free? Sadly, I recently found out (the hard way) that I am unable to process High Fructose Corn Syrup properly. So, would a sugar free alternative to, say, coke, work in a mixed drink, or does the alcohol and artificial sweetener make it a mess?

4 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Or just use a coffee cup like a regular alcoholic 😛

Time to buy the 100% pure vanilla extract! :D

1 hour ago, Sarra said:

Does this work with drinks that are sugar free? Sadly, I recently found out (the hard way) that I am unable to process High Fructose Corn Syrup properly. So, would a sugar free alternative to, say, coke, work in a mixed drink, or does the alcohol and artificial sweetener make it a mess?

Does it have to be a cold drink? Just asking because it is easy to mix alcoholic beverages into tea or coffee (example: rum, bayleys,...) without it looking suspicious at all.

I have not heard of artificial sweeteners and alcohol making a mess together, but I am not an expert on this. I guess there will be commercial products with both available, so if that's the case it should be safe.

....how old are you? This is one of the oddest questions I've ever seen.

• You can literally mix alcohol with anything. Just try different drinks until you find the mix you like. You do not have to go to the liquor store for this.
  • If you're not drinking to get drunk, why does it matter what percentage of alcohol it is? Are you afraid of looking "weak"?
  • Buying flavored vodka isn't going to change the rate at which it intoxicates you. You're just adding flavor. The alcohol content is the same.
  • Are you trying to hide the fact you're drinking? People will be able to tell, whether you think they can or not.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just make 2 Irish Car bombs.

I don't drink or anything else.

I haven't had any alcohol to drink in like twenty five years or more.

It hasn't really made my life any easier but lol it hasn't made it any harder either. 😄

I prefer to be awake for life and if I'm tired of the day. Then I just take a nap lol.

How about a grape juice with no booze?😁

It's still an option.😜

😁

2 hours ago, Sarra said:

... I don't care about the taste, honestly, it's the getting drunk that I'm trying to slow down, or even just prevent. XD

Then why drink? If you don't want to get drunk, drink non-alcoholic drinks like orange juice.

If you are (zoom or irl) partying with friends and they can't accept that you don't want to drink, then they are assholes and not friends. 

If you are partying and everyone else is drimking, and you can't help but NEED to drink, then go to A.A. as you have a problem. 

4 hours ago, greenhorn said:

I have not heard of artificial sweeteners and alcohol making a mess together, but I am not an expert on this. I guess there will be commercial products with both available, so if that's the case it should be safe.

I'll give it a shot, I think. Don't have any zoom calls set yet, but we will sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

Absinthe. Yolo.

If I mix it with a little Mt Dew, nobody will ever know... Well... Until I start dancing with no pants on.

I know friends and family who use diet/sugar free pop for their cocktails and like it so there is no reason not to try it.

Avoiding HFC isn't hard as by no means do you need to mix alcohol with pop.

Fruit juices like orange juice, apple juice, grape juice are popular.

You can mix up some Kool-aid or lemon-aid or something and use real sugar.

Cocktails are about experimenting and finding what works for you.

Just now, Snadzies said:

I know friends and family who use diet/sugar free pop for their cocktails and like it so there is no reason not to try it.

Avoiding HFC isn't hard as by no means do you need to mix alcohol with pop.

Fruit juices like orange juice, apple juice, grape juice are popular.

You can mix up some Kool-aid or lemon-aid or something and use real sugar.

Cocktails are about experimenting and finding what works for you.

My problem is that I love mountain dew, and drank tons and tons of it, and then had to give it up. 😧

Going to give various mixes a shot, tonight just isn't the night to try anything new. :P

Personally I'm a fan of fruit flavored cider, here in UK we have Kopparberg and there is a good variation of flavors.

Kopparberg Mixed Cider Case - 6 x 500ml: Amazon.co.uk: Beer, Wine & Spirits

7 hours ago, Sarra said:

I mix it with a little Mt Dew, nobody will ever know... Well... Until I start dancing with no pants on.

Make sure you memorize every verse of The Rocky Road to Dublin for when the dragons show up

8 hours ago, Sarra said:

If I mix it with a little Mt Dew, nobody will ever know... Well... Until I start dancing with no pants on.

Though it's when you give an enthusiastic rendition of Gloria Gaynor's I will survive, that you really create a memorable impression.

On 1/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Sarra said:

... that's a bit less potent than Vodka. I got drunk during the Christmas eve zoom call, and while I've got decent Vodka, it's straight, and at 40% by volume, it's a quick trip from 0% BAC to over the legal driving limit (not that that matters, regardless of what's going on, if I drink any alcohol, I will NOT be driving for at least 10 hours after).

I've been thinking about trying White Claw, or maybe I'll just YOLO it and buy some flavor stuff for the Vodka... Or is the 3% of White Claw too light?

Any suggestions? I HATE beer. I'm not really a fan of wine. Vodka, Whiskey, and Bourbon are my jam. Also, for the record, I do not have a problem with this, I've literally only been drunk twice in my entire life, though once was intentional, and the second time... Less so. XD

PS: It's been a long day for me today, and I'm ludicrously tired, so if this is rambling, nonsense, or whatever, please feel free to disregard. I just edited an hour long video, and I'm glad I'm keeping the original files, because I'm probably going to have to redo it tomorrow. XD

FIrst of all,dont wait for the 10 hours or so,drive only when you are sober,its for your safety and others,and it doesnt matter if you think you are able to drive,having some alchocol in your system,and accidently killing someone results in a jail,and having that on your mind your whole life.

Second do you need to get drunk?If you are drinking just cause everyone is drinking,and you want to be cool,dont do it.Being cool is to have your stand,and say no to something when you dont want to do it.

Ciders like Somersby is super,with nice tastes and small percentage of alchocol

Look at mixes,you can get like Rum and mix it with coke,you can make it strong how ever you want,like a tiny bit of rum and rest full of coca cola.

But remember aswell,with mixes there is the problem,then you dont taste alchocol that much so you are drinking faster and usually more until its hits you like a brick.

Jagermeister with a bit of Red Bull is my favourite drink.

There is aswell sort of vodka call Vigor with different kind of tastes that has only 15% of alchocol.

You can mix wine with different things aswell,in my country its popular to mix red wine with coca cola,which hides that taste of wine and makes it tasty.

I prefer to mix the white wine with cola,because its easier on the stomach,since white wine is lighter then red wine.

Maybe hard lemonade?

Drink on the Bright Side | Mike's Hard

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Maybe hard lemonade?

(img snip)

I actually don't like Lemon or Limeade. i tried some when I lived with my ex, who loved the stuff. The 'harder lemonade' was constantly being consumed, but not by me. XD

Hi.  I'm an alcoholic.  

OP sounds like a question I would have asked while drinking.  Like, at the worst times when I was drinking like an animal.

Don't drink on zoom calls.  Reserve drinking for when you are having a night out, hanging out with a bunch of friends on friday night, having a date night.

If you can't keep it to that, just stop.  Now.  

Not an expert
Ryzen3600  | Aorus 5700XT  | Aorus B550 Elite 
Coolermaster ML240L AIO
G.Skill RipjawsV3600  | PNY XLR8 1TB NVMe 3.0
Westinghouse 3440x1440 ultrawide

I drink white claw a lot, mostly because I am celiac and like the carbonated seltzers. Its not really something to get messed up on. You should really mix the vodka though. Drinking any sort of hard alcohol straight will mess you up.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra