Loramentum - A watercooled, wall mounted rig - Fan and lighting upgrade! 27/01/17

Maki Role

Going to be a big day today!

I'll just leave this here as a teaser...

487dc3.jpg

I'll update later today with the rest.  As a clue, those who don't know EK's products, those logo badges don't come in that colour...

Have you got PCI extension working?

Steve

@Laputacake:

I haven't had the change to try it out yet sadly.  Hopefully I may be able to give things a whirl next week now that I have all the components.  Fingers crossed that I haven't killed anything through static etc. whilst I've been waiting, would be pretty annoying to have to sit through an RMA process on top of things.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

Incredible stuff! I had actually seen your first mock-up on Reddit and shared it on OCN, didn't reallize you were actually doing it.

Subbing for more!

Aah that was you!  I remember doing an image search to see where the renders had been used and it popped up in the WC thread.  Small world eh?

UPDATE TIME!

So I received the pieces back from the electroplaters today, must admit I'm mighty impressed.  The pieces look really great and match up with the motherboard perfectly, they're also markedly similar to the concept renders, which I didn't expect to be honest.  Here are some pics:

740858.jpg

Dominator Platinum - Gold Edition
14e7fc.jpg

091317.jpg

85af7f.jpg

a03abb.jpg

c6ce1e.jpg

Hope you all enjoy the upcoming updates.  I'll be working on the cables again over the next week.  Stay tuned!

@Maki Role

Thanks for the heads up thats should be when the xbox arrives. I also had another idea for a DatTap :P Im loving it so far it looks epic i wish one day ill be able to do something like this.

Steve

Can I be cheeky and ask how much this is going to cost? Because damn it seems to be turning out amazingly. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

first i thought those pictures with the black background were renders as well until i zoomed in. That says how good they turned out ;)

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

@Maki Role

Thanks for the heads up thats should be when the xbox arrives. I also had another idea for a DatTap :P Im loving it so far it looks epic i wish one day ill be able to do something like this.

Thanks man, can't wait to see the Xbox build, just keep at it and you'll be surprised what you can manage.

Oooooh my ...

:D

Can I be cheeky and ask how much this is going to cost? Because damn it seems to be turning out amazingly.

It's actually not that bad cost wise. I've tried to fit into a £1600 budget, the sponsors have helped enormously in this regard.

Small world indeed man. You need to tell me how you are setting up the black backdrop for those photos though :)

Haha it's actually an incredibly simple setup, I just used a projector screen. Turns out the matte black side on the back of most screens makes for a great little studio setup, plus they can be had really cheaply on the likes of eBay etc.

first i thought those pictures with the black background were renders as well until i zoomed in. That says how good they turned out ;)

Cheers man, I was quite surprised to see how similar they were actually.

Nice trick! What about lighting?

I just kept it natural, using the lighting available in the room, turns out it worked quite effectively. I've been thinking about picking up some lighting soft boxes though, currently my setup only works in daylight hours, which can be complicated sometimes.

It's actually not that bad cost wise. I've tried to fit into a £1600 budget, the sponsors have helped enormously in this regard.

I was expecting much, much more than that, in all honesty. Like, £3,000. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Looks stunning, mate. A real nice touch.

I've still got an original Xbox. It's in a green shell hehe. Wouldn't gut it though, it's far too useful as it is :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Not for sale. It's hacked, so I can run pretty much anything on it. ATM it just runs a boat load of emulators (N64, SNES, Genesis, PCengine ETC) and I use it as my multi region DVD player.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Not for sale. It's hacked, so I can run pretty much anything on it. ATM it just runs a boat load of emulators (N64, SNES, Genesis, PCengine ETC) and I use it as my multi region DVD player.

Sounds good. Im hoping to fir a 750 ti or 260x in mine.

Steve

That looks awesome!!!

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

WOW that gold looks fantastic! But does that memory clip drive anyone else crazy ;)

Looks stunning, mate. A real nice touch.

I've still got an original Xbox. It's in a green shell hehe. Wouldn't gut it though, it's far too useful as it is :)

Green shell eh? Halo limited edition perhaps? I still have an old first gen one that'll happily fire up, had it since release week in the UK, loved that console to bits.

That looks awesome!!!

Subbed

Thanks!

WOW that gold looks fantastic! But does that memory clip drive anyone else crazy ;)

Haha I didn't even notice the clip until you mentioned it. I was really confused when I first read your post, couldn't figure out what you meant by memory clip for the life of me. Went and looked at the pictures and... Oooh

It's just an original Xbox in a see through green shell I bought for £5 hehe. Some one gave me the Xbox back in 2008 and I replaced the shell and modded in some LEDs then.

I think after this build is done I'm going to need...like...multiple pairs of pants.

ofNKmPC.gif

Managed to finish making the 24 pin yesterday, my soldering iron's busted ATM though so I couldn't do the 8 pins for the GPU. I'll pick up a replacement during the week to give that a go. Not looking forward to sleeving it, however, as the terminals were hard enough to get into anyway.