Cyberpunk 2077 Save Data Could Be Corrupted on ALL PLATFORMS If File Size Is Too Large

Jet_ski
Go to solution Solved by Master Delta Chief,

CDPR released a hotfix that solves the saving problem, so normally it shouldn't be a issue anymore: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

30 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

After having played through the game, I'd argue that one should avoid crafting anyways. Crafting is very poorly balanced, it is not worth the time and effort.

My legendary widowmaker with no recoil says otherwise.

1 hour ago, xtroria said:

When you spend too much budget and time on marketing hype than the actual software

Obviously cd projekt red doesnt see this as a long term project, simply create the hype and then release a shit product which people believe is good, make back the money within the first week and then goes “ha ha eat shit”

Exactly! It's so frustrating and disappointing when companies rush their products due to the hype factor.

Guys chill it's a feature to mirror V's limited time in the game. /s

But really, while it sucks for my character I'm prepping for DLCs, I don't see it impacting most players. I'm at ~80hrs and have been crafting throughout the game and my file is 5.7MB. That save file is also close to 100% (missing only some gigs + NCPD jobs). CohhCarnage was also talking today about this and his save file was around ~6-6.5MB and he's been playing a lot.

12 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

It also recommended not using any item duplication glitches and loading a save file that hasn't made use of it yet.

I duplicated more than 500,000 items...

I have been playing for 50 hours,save file is 4.27 MB though.

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_18_07_09_46_310.thumb.png.01242841d6ad303eb8adabececdc27e6.png

I took this screenshot a few days a go,now i am level 21 :D

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Dear Unpaid Testers,

You are performing a brilliant service. I look forward to getting the Complete Edition in 2022.

2 hours ago, Vishera said:

I duplicated more than 500,000 items...

I have been playing for 50 hours,save file is 4.27 MB though.

-snip-

I took this screenshot a few days a go,now i am level 21 :D

Duping is doesn't really increase line of codes imo, it just +units in the table or something.
<Type> | <Stats> | <Location> | <Units> | <Rarity> | <Name> 

also..

Spoiler

022.jpg

3 hours ago, Foi said:

CohhCarnage was also talking today about this and his save file was around ~6-6.5MB and he's been playing a lot.

Yeah, he play like over 100 hours so far iinm. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

26 minutes ago, unsorted said:

Dear Unpaid Testers,

You are performing a brilliant service. I look forward to getting the Complete Edition in 2022 2077.

FTFY. Gonna be a long wait with the sheer number of bugs and issues to fix!

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, xAcid9 said:

also..

Reveal hidden contents

022.jpg

You can make a lot of money,and have as much components as you like with item duplication,that's why i do that.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz

Its funny how completely 180 my experience has been with this game. Im about 60 hours in, just finished the main story, absolutely loved it, had only 1 game breaking glitch in my entire playthrough, otherwise its been smooth sailing and im genuinely enjoying the game and wanna play more. Then i log into reddit, or here or twitter, any social platform and see the shit storm thats happening and wonder whether im actually playing what everyone else is playing haha. Im not saying its right that CDPR rushed a game thats unfinished, but it seems like the problems are being blown out of proportion because of how big the game is, or because of how many players actually got this on day-one/pre-order that theres just more eye witnesses than weve had beforehand in other games in the last 2 ish years. Whatever it is, im always sent into a complete 180 from my personal game experience to whats being said/shown online.

R7 5800X3D | XFX Merc 6900 XT Limited Black | 32gb 3200mhz CL16

Just now, ivanrcks95 said:

Its funny how completely 180 my experience has been with this game. Im about 60 hours in, just finished the main story, absolutely loved it, had only 1 game breaking glitch in my entire playthrough,

If you want one,try aiming while berserk mode is active,it's completely broken,and that's why i love it.

You can exploit it to your advantage - as long as you know how.

Just now, ivanrcks95 said:

Then i log into reddit, or here or twitter, any social platform and see the shit storm thats happening and wonder whether im actually playing what everyone else is playing haha.

The game is completely unplayable on XBONE and PS4,15 FPS and potato graphics - That experience isn't worth even a single dollar.

1 minute ago, ivanrcks95 said:

Im not saying its right that CDPR rushed a game thats unfinished, but it seems like the problems are being blown out of proportion because of how big the game is,

Not blown out of proportion,console gamers are rightfully protesting a game that is completely unplayable on their devices.

3 minutes ago, ivanrcks95 said:

Whatever it is, im always sent into a complete 180 from my personal game experience to whats being said/shown online.

PC,PS5,ans Series X players are having a good time with the game,but the majority are trying to play it on a broken PS4 and XBONE version that was ported from the PC.

The reason it's broken is because the developers didn't replace the elements that simulate Ray tracing with a more conventional and less taxing ones.

And those dual Jaguar APUs from 2013 just crumble under the load.

Those APUs were low end even in 2013,the R9 290X is significantly more powerful and is capable of running cyber punk on 1080p medium settings at a playable framerate.

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

Uhm... if it were intended there would at least be an in-game warning or a hard cap on what you can craft, it wouldn't just corrupt the game file out of nowhere.

Would there though? After everything else this game has been through would you be surprised to hear this was intentional?

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

Plus i don't see why they would want this.

I answered this when I said intentional and maybe forced. Consider this, why would the save file magically corrupt itself at 8MB? There's nothing special about an 8MB file so (IMO) the problem has to be with the game engine writing corrupted data into the save which (again IMO) points to an inherent issue somewhere in the engine. It's not out of the realm of possibility that CDPR cannot fix this (at least not without rewriting some engine code which would likely break more things than it fixed).

Maybe during early production (during the engine writing phase) they based some engine routines on a variable that was defined as the wrong type (likely without realising it) then as progression progressed these routines got used by later subs or classes for other functions. Now if they go and change the base variable type suddenly half the engine doesn't work as the variable has changed all the way down the tree.

*Just a hypothesis, I have no knowledge of any of CDPRs engine code

I agree that I cannot see them actually wanting this but the fact they responded so quickly and said "we MAY fix it" tells me they probably knew it existed before they released the game. The fact they already knew saves cannot be recovered at all, within 24hrs of this story going viral also indicates they were fully aware of it pre launch.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Vishera said:

PC,PS5,ans Series X players are having a good time with the game,but the majority are trying to play it on a broken PS4 and XBONE version that was ported from the PC.

I dont think this is entirely true, wasnt there some leaked info the other week where it showed that the majority, like 60% or more, were PC orders? So i dont think the old-gen console players are the majority, just the loudest voice. Im tempted to buy it again but for my PS4 slim, just to see how it is. 

26 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Also the PS5 and XSX consoles are running the last-gen versions on backwards comparability which I find unacceptable. The game doesn’t look that different on the new consoles; it just gets higher frame rates. At times GTA San Andreas looks better!

16 minutes ago, ivanrcks95 said:

I dont think this is entirely true, wasnt there some leaked info the other week where it showed that the majority, like 60% or more, were PC orders? So i dont think the old-gen console players are the majority, just the loudest voice. Im tempted to buy it again but for my PS4 slim, just to see how it is. 

Yea 59% PC and the rest consoles. I’ve heard the PC version is more stable but not as much as you’d think.

For reference, there are Cyberpunk edition PS4 and Xbox Ones that can’t run the game!! So yeah, those people would be very pissed.

People are sharing their glitches, you should check them out. There are so many of them!

1 minute ago, Jet_ski said:

I’ve heard the PC version is more stable but not as much as you’d think.

People are sharing their glitches, you should check them out. There are so many of them!

Check my original comment, im 60 hours in already on a PC, only 1 game breaking glitch for me. And i pre-ordered and played it at launch. Hence my whole, 180 experience, whats shown on the internet is completely different to what im experiencing personally. 

3 minutes ago, Jet_ski said:

Yea 59% PC and the rest consoles. I’ve heard the PC version is more stable but not as much as you’d think

Doesn't seem like stability is much of an issue on PC, indeed. I played already through the game, including every single side-quest and everything, and didn't encounter a single crash. The issues I had were visual and mechanical, instead, like e.g. stealth was entirely broken for me, and several guns broke the mouse-over UI completely.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Doesn't seem like stability is much of an issue on PC, indeed. I played already through the game, including every single side-quest and everything, and didn't encounter a single crash. The issues I had were visual and mechanical, instead, like e.g. stealth was entirely broken for me, and several guns broke the mouse-over UI completely.

Berserk mode is completely broken:

On 12/20/2020 at 6:37 AM, Vishera said:

I just found out that Berserk mode is completely broken,it has good bugs and bad bugs,

Let's start with the bad one:

Aiming a gun is a serious challenge.

Reveal hidden contents

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_16_56_31_299.thumb.png.af3ab11eafded19a60fe3be99ec4a0de.png

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_16_56_14_069.thumb.png.d39b5a1bd558108e54f83be1f8c0012e.png

The sights move all over the place,they can even completely go off the screen.

The good bugs:

With the right modifiers,berserk mode can make you nearly invincible,giving you huge boosts to damage,health regeneration and health pool.

I killed all of the police in seconds,and i am just level 21,doing 1000~4000 damage with 600 health and 700 armor.

Reveal hidden contents

Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_19_08_27_17_489.thumb.png.56dc627de3177d024caa021380965890.png

And the last one that i know of,gives you infinite athletics XP if you slide in crouch mode and then enter the inventory while sliding.

I also found item duplication glitch,but that's not related to Berserk mode.

unknown-24.png.e8e8bde78e6c8779cac7c9e745057b4b.png

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

52 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Would there though? After everything else this game has been through would you be surprised to hear this was intentional?

So far we've heard from errors most likely due to overworking and overly tight deadlines, nothing about intentional malicious "easter eggs"...

54 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I answered this when I said intentional and maybe forced. Consider this, why would the save file magically corrupt itself at 8MB? There's nothing special about an 8MB file so (IMO) the problem has to be with the game engine writing corrupted data into the save which (again IMO) points to an inherent issue somewhere in the engine. It's not out of the realm of possibility that CDPR cannot fix this (at least not without rewriting some engine code which would likely break more things than it fixed).

If I had to guess I'd say there was probably a fixed size buffer somewhere that defines the maximum size of the save file; going over that size might just cause the game to start over and overwrite the data from the beginning, causing inconsistencies in the save file. Fixing the issue might be as easy as increasing the size of that buffer but there may also be other things that depend on that number (tech debt 🙄). 8MB is a lot for a save file so it's not inconceivable this never came up in development (though I'm sure given enough time for testing it would have been caught).

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That would suck if it would corrupt everything, not like last save that triggered the bug limit. Hopefully gets fixed soon.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Huh, apparently HDR is also broken in Cyberpunk 2077:

3 hours ago, ivanrcks95 said:

I dont think this is entirely true, wasnt there some leaked info the other week where it showed that the majority, like 60% or more, were PC orders?

Only 60%? That leaves you with 40% of the users with un unplayable (not buggy, not glitchy, unplayable) paid-for game!?

3 hours ago, ivanrcks95 said:

So i dont think the old-gen console players are the majority, just the loudest voice. I

Majority? If 20% of the users were unable to play, it would be a scandal of major proportions. And you're telling me it's 40%? Yes, expect to see a lot of news about CP2077 then...

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

XBONE and PS4

Releasing on those was a huge mistake.... The game clearly demands more horsepower than a 7 years old console could muster. And i think my current CPU (4670k) is nearing its limits as well.

10 hours ago, WereCatf said:

After having played through the game, I'd argue that one should avoid crafting anyways. Crafting is very poorly balanced, it is not worth the time and effort.

That's not the point and you know it :)

Having a portion of the game off limits to save the integrity of the game itself... interesting that this wasn't discovered in Alpha or Beta.  Something that should have been at least.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi