Cyberpunk 2077 Save Data Could Be Corrupted on ALL PLATFORMS If File Size Is Too Large

Jet_ski
Go to solution Solved by Master Delta Chief,

CDPR released a hotfix that solves the saving problem, so normally it shouldn't be a issue anymore: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

5 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

Releasing on those was a huge mistake.... The game clearly demands more horsepower than a 7 years old console could muster. And i think my current CPU (4670k) is nearing its limits as well.

True,and the graphics is a true potato graphics (on PS4 and XBONE of course):

ece9a7aefa3a4092850502845ca87cb1.jpg

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

12 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

That's not the point and you know it :)

What? I didn't claim it was, I just commented on the crafting itself.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

31 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Only 60%? That leaves you with 40% of the users with un unplayable (not buggy, not glitchy, unplayable) paid-for game!?

Majority? If 20% of the users were unable to play, it would be a scandal of major proportions. And you're telling me it's 40%? Yes, expect to see a lot of news about CP2077 then...

He said majority are playing it on old-gen consoles. Majority has to be above 50% (the number larger than half the total), console players in total were 40%, from the leaked information, out of those lets say as much as 30% were old-gen users. 30% is still not a majority, its a big portion of the player base yes, but its not a majority. Which is the point i was replying to originally. 

R7 5800X3D | XFX Merc 6900 XT Limited Black | 32gb 3200mhz CL16

Just now, ivanrcks95 said:

He said majority are playing it on old-gen consoles. Majority has to be above 50% (the number larger than half the total), console players in total were 40%, from the leaked information, out of those lets say as much as 30% were old-gen users. 30% is still not a majority, its a big portion of the player base yes, but its not a majority. Which is the point i was replying to originally. 

Yeah, I don't care what he said or its accuracy, the underlying subject was the contrast between your experience and the reactions you find on the internet, so essentially an issue of salience. And for that purpose, 70% or 30% makes no difference, as the latter is already large enough to be very visible, and potentially very harmful for the company.

Given I'm a hoarding hamster in RPG games, this could be a legit issue for me. Luckily I'm waiting to first get the damn RTX 3080 card and then buy the game. Given availability of said cards, the game should be fixed when I get the card.

I don't play games since many many years back but WHY does a save file need to be 8MB?

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

On 12/21/2020 at 7:39 AM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Only 60%? That leaves you with 40% of the users with un unplayable (not buggy, not glitchy, unplayable) paid-for game!?

Which is a lie. On my second playthrough now with a different build on the Pro. I know two people playing it on the base console. However both of them play it on 720p TVs. It is probable that it should have been capped at such.

On the topic at hand, I spent 5 hours yesterday on my post game save crafting and duping items in an attempt to trigger the save bug. My inventory scrolling would effectively lock up(technically just very slow. Took me 5 min just to enter/exit it) before I would get to that point because even having 800+ crafted weapons/clothes and tens of thousands of components and 100 space paintings inside the inventory wasn't enough to trigger the save bug. You have to get genuinely stupid with the amount of crap you craft and never disassemble/sell to trigger this thing. What's not acceptable is the way the response was worded, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the only way to trigger the bug is to cheat.

21 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

I don't play games since many many years back but WHY does a save file need to be 8MB?

It's very game-specific, I guess. Some save files are in the hundreds of megabytes, others a few KBs. All that matters is that the game generating them uses them properly.

21 hours ago, TheReal1980 said:

The more you play the more stuff you have and more quests you have done, the game has to keep track all of these things. A simple game has small files because it has to save a few variables. But if you start getting into open-world, rpg, etc suddenly the game needs to store more variables thus pumping up file sizes.

On 12/22/2020 at 1:52 PM, ravenshrike said:

On the topic at hand, I spent 5 hours yesterday on my post game save crafting and duping items in an attempt to trigger the save bug. My inventory scrolling would effectively lock up(technically just very slow. Took me 5 min just to enter/exit it) before I would get to that point because even having 800+ crafted weapons/clothes and tens of thousands of components and 100 space paintings inside the inventory wasn't enough to trigger the save bug. You have to get genuinely stupid with the amount of crap you craft and never disassemble/sell to trigger this thing. What's not acceptable is the way the response was worded, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the only way to trigger the bug is to cheat.

You are getting close to breaking the game. Why you volunteered yourself, I’ll never know 😂

[STEAM/PC] crossing about 6 mb in your save files will cause your game to take 30 seconds to 1 minute to load. Crossing 8 mb will cause your game file to corrupt and not be able to load at all. DO NOT CRAFT TO MAKE MONEY

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kfpwt5/psa_steampc_crossing_about_6_mb_in_your_save/

CDPR released a hotfix that solves the saving problem, so normally it shouldn't be a issue anymore: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37214/hotfix-1-06

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

To me, this is solid evidence that nobody with half a brain cell should create or join cults on the basis of some arbitrary principles such as FOSS. Let me remind you that there has been a string of very questionable behavior inside the scope of this kind of mindset.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Anyone having problems with saves not syncing to Steam? I keep being prompted to choose which save point to use, local or on steam. The time stamps for my saves are newer locally, so I'm choosing that. Eventually it will upload to steam, but again it's always out of sync when I start the game up again.

Known bug? If not, I'll continue on in another thread.

12 hours ago, StDragon said:

Anyone having problems with saves not syncing to Steam? I keep being prompted to choose which save point to use, local or on steam. The time stamps for my saves are newer locally, so I'm choosing that. Eventually it will upload to steam, but again it's always out of sync when I start the game up again.

I get this almost every time I start the game and I'm on the GOG Version. Even when the version on GOG Cloud & my PC are identical in size and have the exact same creation time/date it still fires the error.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

18 hours ago, StDragon said:

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I get this almost every time I start the game and I'm on the GOG Version.

I got this a couple times, too, but I figured out to just give it a moment to sync when I was done playing. GOG version, close the game, and in the GOG window I wait until the bar fills up and disappears before closing that and then shutting of my PC. My guess is that the process is stopped when you close the store app, even though it's still running in the background. I dunno, this worked for me, anyway.

As for the patch, I wonder if they just doubled the size, or removed size restriction entirely.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)