Amazon took 10 fing days to ship a package

BenOver
Just now, Wheresmehammer said:

Imagine having to wait for things, it is amazing how easiness makes us less patient and more lazy, the old folk were right.

no that's the thing usually I do not care how much time it takes for stuff to arrive but i need said order asap due to building a pc and pc not booting without these parts

My Build

Case:Lian-li O11 Dynamic white | Processor:Ryzen 9 5900x | CPU Cooler:Kraken X73 | Motherboard: gigabyte B550 vision D | Graphics Card:Asus ROG Strix Gaming Geforce RTX 3080 10GB OC | Ram: G.skill Trident Z Royal 32G(16x2) cl16-16-16-36 | Psu:Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB + Crucial P2 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | Case fans: 9 EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB |

21 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Amazon has certainly went down the gutter lately(last 10 months or so), even up here in Canada.

Lately, Amazon doesn't even ship with Canada Post for me. They keep using Intelcom...  Whose employees are literal R-word and can't even read the name of the street they are on, likely blindly trusting whatever GPS app they use.

Never had a single issue when they used Canada Post, and the nearest post office is just a few minutes away on foot if I miss the delivery(Unlike Intelcom, which is like an hour away by car... So they typically just leave the package in front of the door... any door).

But with IntelCom, 3 out of 5 of the last packages I ordered, all went to the wrong street. Not just that, but if I order on a Monday, I am certain to not be getting it until the next week when before, it would take at most 2~3 days. I tried contacting Amazon Support, to please put a note in my account to NEVER SHIP through them again... Nope, next two orders were through them and they failed again.

I get they want people to use Amazon Prime... But considering it was not any better with the Prime Trial (they were also using Intelcom... But shipping was faster), I saw no point paying for that shit.

So I get your pain with Amazon.

Would it be beyond some folk to understand that COVID is a thing?

More people are at home, thus ordering more.. spending and have too much free time, selfish.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

3 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

Have to say Amazon UK has been great

Same here, i use Prime.

My computer for gaming & work. AMD Ryzen 3600x with XFR support on - Arctic Cooling LF II - ASUS Prime X570-P - Gigabyte 5700XT - 32GB Geil Orion 3600 - Crucial P1 1TB NVME - Crucial BX 500 SSD - EVGA GQ 650w - NZXT Phantom 820 Gun Metal Grey colour - Samsung C27FG73FU monitor - Blue snowball mic - External best connectivity 24 bit/ 96khz DAC headphone amp -Pioneer SE-205 headphone - Focal Auditor 130mm speakers in custom sealed boxes - inPhase audio XT 8 V2 wired at 2ohm 300RMS custom slot port compact box - Vibe Audio PowerBox 400.1

1 hour ago, Wheresmehammer said:

Would it be beyond some folk to understand that COVID is a thing?

More people are at home, thus ordering more.. spending and have too much free time, selfish.

Would it be beyond you to understand that Covid is not a reason to deliver my packages on a completely different street? How the FUCK is that selfish?!
I can accept the fact that they take a while to ship, I'm not in a hurry (it was just an observation that they take longer now by shipping through Intelcom instead Canada Post). But the shipping carriers they use now are awful.

Also, this started pre-covid for me, in late January/early February, before they got ridiculously swamped.

I'm happy for you if Amazon is great where you live. But they've gone to shit here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Would it be beyond you to understand that Covid is not a reason to deliver my packages on a completely different street? How the FUCK is that selfish?!
I can accept the fact that they take a while to ship, I'm not in a hurry (it was just an observation that they take longer now by shipping through Intelcom instead Canada Post). But the shipping carriers they use now are awful.

Also, this started pre-covid for me, in late January/early February, before they got ridiculously swamped.

I'm happy for you if Amazon is great where you live. But they've gone to shit here.

You said 10 months.

Newegg isn't great either. I bought a cpu from them a few years ago and paid for 2 day shipping only for them to send it to me FedEx SmartPost and have it take almost two weeks. 

18 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

BenOver got his package late, someone immediately call 911 🤪

If you read comments and the entire post you would shut up

My Build

Case:Lian-li O11 Dynamic white | Processor:Ryzen 9 5900x | CPU Cooler:Kraken X73 | Motherboard: gigabyte B550 vision D | Graphics Card:Asus ROG Strix Gaming Geforce RTX 3080 10GB OC | Ram: G.skill Trident Z Royal 32G(16x2) cl16-16-16-36 | Psu:Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB + Crucial P2 2TB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | Case fans: 9 EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB |

15 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Newegg isn't great either. I bought a cpu from them a few years ago and paid for 2 day shipping only for them to send it to me FedEx SmartPost and have it take almost two weeks. 

But a few years back isn't now I got a package in 7 days from them

My Build

23 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Amazon has certainly went down the gutter lately(last 10 months or so), even up here in Canada.

Lately, Amazon doesn't even ship with Canada Post for me. They keep using Intelcom...  Whose employees are literal R-word and can't even read the name of the street they are on, likely blindly trusting whatever GPS app they use.

Never had a single issue when they used Canada Post, and the nearest post office is just a few minutes away on foot if I miss the delivery(Unlike Intelcom, which is like an hour away by car... So they typically just leave the package in front of the door... any door).

But with IntelCom, 3 out of 5 of the last packages I ordered, all went to the wrong street. Not just that, but if I order on a Monday, I am certain to not be getting it until the next week when before, it would take at most 2~3 days. I tried contacting Amazon Support, to please put a note in my account to NEVER SHIP through them again... Nope, next two orders were through them and they failed again.

I get they want people to use Amazon Prime... But considering it was not any better with the Prime Trial (they were also using Intelcom... But shipping was faster), I saw no point paying for that shit.

So I get your pain with Amazon.

They've always used Intelcom for me, and I've never had any problems. I think in my four years of Canada, I've only had one package not be delivered (supposedly it was damaged?).

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

They've always used Intelcom for me, and I've never had any problems. I think in my four years of Canada, I've only had one package not be delivered (supposedly it was damaged?).

Yeah, they've used Intelcom for years with Prime, lately they've also been using them for non-prime.

I think the issue with Intelcom in my case, is probably too much reliance on a GPS system, instead of looking at the name of the streets on each corner.

And because I live in an area where the buildings look the same.. and the street numbers of every houses are basically the same for the next couple of streets (like, they all start at 7000 and end at 9000)... So on a GPS, lets say "8050 Random st" it would basically be parallel to one another "8050 What st". As such, if the GPS is not accurate enough to distinguish two streets right next to one another, they deliver my stuff to the next street over.

But anyone with half a brain would realize they are on the wrong street if they just opened their eyes, since I live on a two way "boulevard"(written as such on my shipping address), which is, by definition, a large road and not a plain one way street like where they deliver my stuff at.

I've tried contacting both Amazon and Intelcom's supports, both assured me this wouldn't happen again... and it did. So these days, when possible, I try to mostly order stuff that can be delivered at the nearest pickup site (usually canada post). Which is an extra first world problem I guess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, BenOver said:

But a few years back isn't now I got a package in 7 days from them

Well last time I ordered something from them they just didn't ship it period and didn't tell me anything and I had to go complain to customer service a week after I ordered seeing nothing updated. Then they tried to give the refund back on a gift card that would expire in 90 days, what a joke. After a month of back and forth I just had them send me a check for the refund instead, which bounced and they tried to blame my bank. At which point I just said fuck it, I'm done with newegg since it was only a $20 order and I was sick of wasting time with them. So they scammed me out of $20 and lost my business forever, now Amazon gets all my PC and console related business when I buy online. Newegg used to be amazing say 10 years ago and I probably built ~20 systems from them 2001-2008, but when they sold the company their shipping and customer support went to hell.

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Well last time I ordered something from them they just didn't ship it period and didn't tell me anything and I had to go complain to customer service a week after I ordered seeing nothing updated. Then they tried to give the refund back on a gift card that would expire in 90 days, what a joke. After a month of back and forth I just had them send me a check for the refund instead, which bounced and they tried to blame my bank. At which point I just said fuck it, I'm done with newegg since it was only a $20 order and I was sick of wasting time with them. So they scammed me out of $20 and lost my business forever, now Amazon gets all my PC and console related business when I buy online. Newegg used to be amazing say 10 years ago and I probably built ~20 systems from them 2001-2010, but when they sold the company their shipping and customer support went to hell.

I only ordered one item from new egg but it arrived fast and no problems and if there are problems I'm paying with paypal

My Build

2 minutes ago, BenOver said:

I only ordered one item from new egg but it arrived fast and no problems and if there are problems I'm paying with paypal

Just saying, they're bastards now too. Not the same company that built up an amazing reputation for years in the 2000s. They were great for me too until they weren't.

you can't be pro safety and cry about late delivers at the same time. we're living in a different world right now than we did last year.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Holiday season is union season so that could be a part of it or there's just that many orders in front of you. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:29 AM, BenOver said:

am building a new pc and those parts are needed for the pc to boot and now I will probably have to wait more time, Thanks amazon

Covid has a lot of do with it. Its getting harder to find companies to ship items long distances. Yeah Amazon has its own trailers but every truck I see pulling them is some other company (Contractors). Add in to the fact people are scared half to death to leave their houses, online ordering is becoming a norm. You have no clue where the products you ordered originated from. The quest they might have to go on just to get to a point where they can cross the border. Im mean my city has an Amazon fulfillment warehouse, we have several fulfillment centers and DC's located in the local area. Ive had packages take forever. The supply chain is fucked and its going to be fucked for the rest of the year because we are in holiday season. 

On a side note, I dont think you know how bad things have gotten in to US in regards to the virus. Our cases are like climbing in every state. So that means potentially less workers thus shipping times could be impacted. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah Amazon has its own trailers but every truck I see pulling them is some other company (Contractors).

It is cheaper that way. Because most o/o's are newcomers and underbid the lifers. I know many truckers. Amazon just checks to see if they are registered, insured and pass minimal/pathetic government test to get dl with non-existance/minimal training. Bronco's tragedy comes to mind, sentenced to 8 yrs and hopefully booted. Either way Amazon covers their asses. I am sure they dont want to be seen in the news with their logo'ed crashed trailers so they have a minimal standard of checks of o/o's. Industry in general, has gone down hill pretty badly over the past decade.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

ou have no clue where the products you ordered originated from. The quest they might have to go

Did you see the Marketplace tv show on the travels of gps'ed return products, its abysmal. In the end they just send some to landfill. Green Amazon 👎

6 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

t is cheaper that way. Because most o/o's are newcomers and underbid the lifers. I know many truckers. Amazon just checks to see if they are registered, insured and pass minimal/pathetic government test to get dl with non-existance/minimal training. Bronco's tragedy comes to mind, sentenced to 8 yrs and hopefully booted. Either way Amazon covers their asses. I am sure they dont want to be seen in the news with their logo'ed crashed trailers so they have a minimal standard of checks of o/o's. Industry in general, has gone down hill pretty badly over the past decade.

The point I was making is we dont have enough truck drivers. The company I work for has 14 warehouses across the US, with 2 or 3 also acting as DC's. We get replenished from the warehouse in Sioux Falls South Dakota. We were suppose to get a shipment last Monday, Now its this Monday, due to the fact they cant find a company to ship the products. Im sure Amazon has similar issues. 

6 minutes ago, Orange1 said:

Did you see the Marketplace tv show on the travels of gps'ed return products, its abysmal. In the end they just send some to landfill. Green Amazon 👎

You missed my other point. Amazon has warehouses spread across the US. The OP doesn't know the lengths amazon has to go to ship an item to get it to a place where it can be put either taken to a land crossing to go over the border or to an airport to get the item to where it needs to go. Airliners are kinda cancelling flights and laying people off. The land crossings are a concern because there are restrictions in place due to the virus, which Im sure slows things down. We also dont know how many border agents are on duty due to the virus. Hell the US Mint stopped printing and engraving money for a while and you see the shit going on now as a result. Ordering internationally right now is kinda dumb, because there are still issues with the supply chain and shipping items across borders. I expect this to last well in to next year. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

some items just take a long time too come I orded a iem cable and it took about three weeks to come

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

4 hours ago, sub68 said:

some items just take a long time too come I orded a iem cable and it took about three weeks to come

I ordered something which took 4 months to arrive. Ordered something else a half year later, took 5 months to arrive. Went from Cali to Australia to Canada, got a 2fer ;)