LeBron James Freaked Out Over His Samsung Sponsored Galaxy Note Failure

It’s not the first time that it has happened, but that doesn’t make it any less humorous when a celebrity’s smartphone endorsement backfires. After all, we all like it when giants fall, do we not?

The latest celebrity to fall foul of their paid-for endorsements is basketball superstar LeBron James, who’s known for his affiliation with Samsung and its Galaxy Note smartphones.

According to his tweet, which has now been taken offline:

post-39338-0-74357700-1394700591.png

Unfortunately, it seems that James forgot that Samsung pays him to use that very phone and, understandably, the company probably wouldn’t take too kindly to having its dirty laundry aired in public. James has since pulled the tweet, but not before it got a good number of retweets and was immortalized in screenshot form by just about everyone that saw it. Whoopise.

But that’s not where the fun ends; HTC’s USA arm made good use of this situation and tweeted this Internet winning gem out:

post-39338-0-24404500-1394700636.png

Here’s hoping that, for his sake at least, Samsung somehow misses the whole debacle. Or his management team can smooth it over!

Either way, it didn’t take long for HTC to jump on the situation by posting a tweet of its own suggesting that perhaps the best player in the world should have the best smartphone in the world – presumably suggesting one of its own devices would have fared better.

Which may or may not be true!

Source: http://www.redmondpie.com/lebron-james-freaked-out-over-his-samsung-sponsored-galaxy-note-failure/

ehh wait

ive never ever heard any one who had such an issue

a samsung phone that would  erase everything THEN restart ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

HTC will probably never get that deal now Samsung have way to much money and probably just doubled the endorsement amount.

Sorry, but this isn't even funny. Its just massively unproffesionel. He gets paid A LOT of money by samsung and he trashes them on twitter for something he probably did himself.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

ehh wait

ive never ever heard any one who had such an issue

a samsung phone that would  erase everything THEN restart ?

He did it himself by mistake and then blamed samsung.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

He did it himself by mistake and then blamed samsung.

It's not his fault. He might not be a tech savvy like us who knows everything about android or touchwiz. He represents the general consumers. Whatever happened to his Note 3 could also happen to any other general consumer who are btw responsible for atleast 80% of the sales

It's not his fault. He might not be a tech savvy like us who knows everything about android or touchwiz. He represents the general consumers. Whatever happened to his Note 3 could also happen to any other general consumer who are btw responsible for atleast 80% of the sales

Maybe, but that still does not excuse him screwing his sponsor who paid him tons of money. He isn't a reviewer who is supposed to tell os the truth. He is a paid advertiser.

Maybe, but that still does not excuse him screwing his sponsor who paid him tons of money. He isn't a reviewer who is supposed to tell os the truth. He is a paid advertiser.

So you work for samsung or something? If not, who cares if he's paid by them to make commercials. A phone that easily erases everything is unacceptable, even if it's "his fault."

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Who, exactly, is he? I've heard his name in conjuction with American sports, but since I have no interest in them I don't know who the guy is.

A phone that can easily perform a factory reset (implying it happened spontaneously or by accident) is useless. Nowadays you lose a lot more than your collection of phones numbers of easy lays when your phone is factory reset (like emails, music, photographs and documents).

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

i-am-amused-continue-meme-generator-i-am

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Who, exactly, is he? I've heard his name in conjuction with American sports, but since I have no interest in them I don't know who the guy is.

Basket Ball player.

it takes multiple steps to do what he did

if you have  5th grade English skills then this wouldnt happen

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

it takes multiple steps to do what he did

if you have  5th grade English skills then this wouldnt happen

There are tons of other ways a android phone could reset itself. Maybe it might be a malware or something. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to actually go and click 'factory reset' for fun, especially when it gives you many warning before restart

So you work for samsung or something? If not, who cares if he's paid by them to make commercials. A phone that easily erases everything is unacceptable, even if it's "his fault."

Ehh, no, I don't work for Samsung at all. I don't work anywhere near the tech industry. But I think Samsung and their lawyers care. He is in breach of contract.

You only have one tweet from him, but that is apparently the same as divine scripture....."A phone that easily erases everything is unacceptable, even if it's "his fault.""

So factory resets should be made illegal?

There are tons of other ways a android phone could reset itself. Maybe it might be a malware or something. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to actually go and click 'factory reset' for fun, especially when it gives you many warning before restart

Yes they are. The are always people stupid enough to do ANYTHING!

Just ask anybody who has worked in an ER. Human stupidity has zero limits

A phone that can easily perform a factory reset (implying it happened spontaneously or by accident) is useless. Nowadays you lose a lot more than your collection of phones numbers of easy lays when your phone is factory reset (like emails, music, photographs and documents).

The best basketball player in the world at the moment. Arguably better than Jordan in his prime.

The best basketball player in the world at the moment. Arguably better than Jordan in his prime.

LBJ/Jordan

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

Ehh, no, I don't work for Samsung at all. I don't work anywhere near the tech industry. But I think Samsung and their lawyers care. He is in breach of contract.

You only have one tweet from him, but that is apparently the same as divine scripture....."A phone that easily erases everything is unacceptable, even if it's "his fault.""

So factory resets should be made illegal?

You read his contract? Tell us more about it since you know the details of it.

Factory resets shouldn't happen on accident.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

You read his contract? Tell us more about it since you know the details of it.

Factory resets shouldn't happen on accident.

LoL, its standard practice with such contracts...And you also don't know what happened except that he blames samsung.

LoL, its standard practice with such contracts...And you also don't know what happened except that he blames samsung.

He blamed Samsung?  Show me where.  He also said nothing defamatory.  So it's not standard practice.  You're really swinging for the fences though.  Keep going.  This is fun.

Oh, and if you're going to call someone unprofessional, at least learn how to spell the word.

Fun fact: The steps to factory reset a phone are fairly similar on most Android devices. It is just as "easy" to factory reset a HTC or Motorola phone as it is to factor reset a Samsung phone.

If he did a factory reset then it's his own damn fault and anyone who says anything different also implies that other manufacturers should change how to do a factor reset as well. If someone happened out of his control then Samsung is to blame.