AIO Issues

redcan0

Hi everyone, I am attaching a picture of my aio. So my question is does it matter if the tubes are coming from the right or left? So If you take a look at the picture you see two circles the first circle is showimg where the tubes are currently coming out from. The second circle shows where the tubes should normally come out from. But does right or left really matter on the tubes in terms of cooling performance? Thanks.

7512D2CC-60CC-4D43-AE44-5FE824EB81C0.jpeg

That's a nice setup! No, I don't think it matters if the tubes come from the left or right.

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneJame said:

That's a nice setup! No, I don't think it matters if the tubes come from the left or right.

Currently my temps are a bit high with a Ryzen 5 3600 that is why I asked. On 4.2 GHz the temps are 50-55 while gaming and 63 on Cinebench and on a 4.4 GHz overclock its 58-60 while gaming and 75 in cinebench. Why are the temps high? Especially on the 4.4 overclock. I don’t understand.

the only thing with your setup it just puts the hoses in the sight line of the cpu cooler but i dont think it would hurt anything just might drive some people nuts on the looks LOL 

5 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

Currently my temps are a bit high with a Ryzen 5 3600 that is why I asked. On 4.2 GHz the temps are 50-55 while gaming and 63 on Cinebench and on a 4.4 GHz overclock its 58-60 while gaming and 75 in cinebench. Why are the temps high? Especially on the 4.4 overclock. I don’t understand.

I'm not an expert on overclocking, but I think these temps aren't high enough to worry about. They seem typical for a 4.4OC on a 3600. 

14 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

On 4.2 GHz the temps are 50-55 while gaming and 63 on Cinebench and on a 4.4 GHz overclock its 58-60 while gaming and 75 in cinebench. Why are the temps high?

Those aren't super high. Anything less than 80 I consider good. And you only start to thermal throttle around 90+

2 minutes ago, Coolmaster said:

Those aren't super high. Anything less than 80 I consider good. And you only start to thermal throttle around 90+

I am using a 360mm AIO for a Ryzen 5 3600. While these temps are not high shouldn’t it be lower when the cooling on the cpu is considered?

Hi everyone, I have a Silverstone Permafrost 360mm AIO and it sometimes make a water sound. Once in every 30 minutes this water sound comes from the AIO for only one second. Since this sound is not very frequent it doesn’t bother me. But is my unit defective? Will this sound affect cooling performance? Thanks

Oh and also I think my AIO is underperforming a bit I get 65 Degrees on Cinebench R20 with a Ryzen 5 3600 at 1.25V 4.4 GHz isn’t 65 a bit too much for a R5 3600?

Is your AIO mounted in the right position? There's a video by GN detailing the position your AIO should be in + testing. That maybe why it makes that noise.

1 minute ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Is your AIO mounted in the right position? There's a video by GN detailing the position your AIO should be in + testing. That maybe why it makes that noise.

Its mounted like this it should be correct

4AD96810-0A3F-4A0E-AFE1-5BAD88484F28.jpeg

19 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

But is my unit defective? Will this sound affect cooling performance? Thanks

Oh and also I think my AIO is underperforming a bit I get 65 Degrees on Cinebench R20 with a Ryzen 5 3600 at 1.25V 4.4 GHz isn’t 65 a bit too much for a R5 3600?

No on both accounts.

@4.4ghz 65º sounds about right, you might be able to drop a few degrees by changing your fan setup to have the radiator sucking in fresh air from outside the case

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

1 minute ago, Cyracus said:

No on both accounts.

@4.4ghz 65º sounds about right, you might be able to drop a few degrees by changing your fan setup to have the radiator sucking in fresh air from outside the case

Front mounting the radiator is very difficult I have to both move the radiator with its fans to the front and also move the case fans from the front to the top.

3 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

Front mounting the radiator is very difficult I have to both move the radiator with its fans to the front and also move the case fans from the front to the top.

I didn't mean front mount, top mount as intake was what I meant.
Also yeah, it would require rearranging things to manage airflow, I would expect less than 4º difference and it would then heat up the gpu... meant more as informational than advisorial... the important part was your temps are normal

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

I didn't mean front mount, top mount as intake was what I meant.
Also yeah, it would require rearranging things to manage airflow, I would expect less than 4º difference and it would then heat up the gpu... meant more as informational than advisorial... the important part was your temps are normal

My current fan setup is 3 intake at the front and 3 exhaust from the aio and 1 exhaust from the rear so in total 3 intake 4 exhaust. Since flipping the fan to make it intake looks very ugly I wont make my AIO fans intake. However, I could make the rear fan intake instead of exhaust would that be better as intake?

You could try rotating the CPU block by 180 degrees, this would change the orientation of the in>out on the block and might help sort out any little air pockets.

3 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

However, I could make the rear fan intake instead of exhaust would that be better as intake?

might cause a slight reduction in cpu temps, again probably not worth the work involved

desktop

Spoiler

HTPC

Spoiler

Just give it time it will go away.

You can turn down the pump speed for the time being. 

One of my aios took 2 weeks for the noise to go away.

*** Threads merged ***

@redcan0, please keep your questions regarding same topic in one threads. Like these for your AIO's orientation and performance. I've also merged couple of your past threads and removed few because of reposting same thing again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 11/3/2020 at 12:06 PM, redcan0 said:

There isn’t any better cooling than an 360mm AIO though. Yes there are custom loop cooling systems or liquid nitrogen. But for a standard user 360mm AIO is the best. I really had my hopes up

not exactly true, some beefier air coolers provide the same if not better.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

*** Threads merged ***

@redcan0, please keep your questions regarding same topic in one threads. Like these for your AIO's orientation and performance. I've also merged couple of your past threads and removed few because of reposting same thing again.

Sorry about that. This water noise just started to happen so I was worried

Hey everyone, I have mu 360mm AIO mounted at the top with a Ryzen 5 3600 and I am kind of getting high temps. I personally think the reason I get high temps is the radiator being top mounted. If I move the radiator to the front by how many degrees would my CPU Drop? I watched a few videos about this on youtube one vide the CPU drops only 3-5 degrees while in another video it deops 10 degrees. Which one ahould I believe? I really like how the AIO looks at the top but if I am going to get a 10 degree deop in temps I can move it to the front. Thanks.

360mm AIO for a 3600? What do you mean by "high temps"?

Also, what components are you using, how are all your fans set up, and what are your ambient temperatures?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

5 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

360mm AIO for a 3600? What do you mean by "high temps"?

Also, what components are you using, how are all your fans set up, and what are your ambient temperatures?

So 3 intake at the front 1 exhaust at the rear and the 3 fan AIO at the top as exhaust. I have a 2080 Super as a GPU. My ambient temps are about 28 degrees celcius. My cpu while gaming sits at 55 degrees at 4.4 GHz 1.25V and at Cinebench it is around 65 degrees and at idle its about 40. I have a friend with a 360mm AIO and a R5 3600 as well and he has his AIO as front intake. His idle temp is 29 and gaming temp is 45 which is very significantly lower than me which makes me upset. If I had those temps I could have even be overclocked at 4.7 GHz or something