AIO Issues

redcan0

Hey everyone, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 360mm Silverstone Permafrost AIO. My idle temps at 1.3V are 42-50 which is high my gaming temps are 58-60

Why are my idle temps so high?

Also I think my AIO Pump is facing the wrong way and because of that the tubes are facing the wrong way too would that affect performance? Leaving a photo of it. Thanks

44818DBC-BC1D-41FC-9CA6-C623BC26E629.jpeg

45 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

Hey everyone, I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and a 360mm Silverstone Permafrost AIO. My idle temps at 1.3V are 42-50 which is high my gaming temps are 58-60

Why are my idle temps so high?

Also I think my AIO Pump is facing the wrong way and because of that the tubes are facing the wrong way too would that affect performance? Leaving a photo of it. Thanks

44818DBC-BC1D-41FC-9CA6-C623BC26E629.jpeg

Those temps are a little high but not too high. and you mounted it correctly. Nice setup!

9 minutes ago, ZonalThrone said:

Those temps are a little high but not too high. and you mounted it correctly. Nice setup!

I bought the Arctic MX4 I hope it helps right now it has the thermal paste that came with the AIO I looked at the paste I used and it has nothing on it in terms of model or brand so I got the MX4

Hi, I have a Silverstone PF360 AIO with a Ryzen 5 3600 and a TD500 Mesh Case. I am using my R5 3600 at 1.3V and 4.4 GHz. So my problem is I get 45-55 Degrees when idle and 58-60 degrees while gaming. The worst part is in Cinebench. It goes all the way up to 75 degrees in Cinebench. Why are my temps so high with a 360mm AIO and a R5 3600? I have the Thermal Paste that came with the AIO I bought a MX4 but didn't arrive yet but I think it shouldn't be that different there is definetly something wrong. 

Is my AIO Mounting wrong or something? Ill post a picture below

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

I am not sure if those temperatures are bad.

EDIT: I am blind.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

-

Does removing the side panel change anything for you? if it does, it would indicate that the case internal ambient is too high, perhaps from contribution from the GPU.

The radiator position is ideal and not a problem.

4 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Does removing the side panel change anything for you? if it does, it would indicate that the case internal ambient is too high, perhaps from contribution from the GPU.

The radiator position is ideal and not a problem.

What about the Pump Tubes? Should the Tubes coming out of the Pump be facing the right side?

1 minute ago, redcan0 said:

What about the Pump Tubes? Should the Tubes coming out of the Pump be facing the right side?

Doesn't matter in your case, As long as its not coming out from the bottom, all are as good as each other (and even the bottom orientation is not "so" bad).

This would be my check list:

- Open case panel, if improved substantially, case ambient is too hot

- Check enough airflow is coming through the radiator (i.e. case is not too restrictive)

- Check thermal paste spread (i.e. mounting pressure)

- Make sure pump is running at sufficient speed (ideally, full speed for AIOs)

8 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Doesn't matter in your case, As long as its not coming out from the bottom, all are as good as each other (and even the bottom orientation is not "so" bad).

This would be my check list:

- Open case panel, if improved substantially, case ambient is too hot

- Check enough airflow is coming through the radiator (i.e. case is not too restrictive)

- Check thermal paste spread (i.e. mounting pressure)

- Make sure pump is running at sufficient speed (ideally, full speed for AIOs)

Removed Side Panel nothing changed. Check all of the stuff nothing is wrong I didn't check the thermal paste but I ordered an Arctic MX4 Paste I am going to try that I hope it fixes this

Removed Side Panel nothing changed. Check all of the stuff nothing is wrong I didn't check the thermal paste but I ordered an Arctic MX4 Paste I am going to try that I hope it fixes this

Paste on my PF120 was within 3 degrees of MX4. Dont get your hopes up.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

not too abnormal for an overclocked CPU, 7nm's problem is heat trapped inside the CPU unable to leave fast enough. Transistors are too dense for fast heat transfer.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, redcan0 said:

Removed Side Pnael nothing changed. Check all of the stuff except the thermal paste. I ordered an Arctic MX4 Paste I am going to try that I hope it fixes this

If thermal paste spread is okay, then you are most likely limited by the AIO build-quality itself as well as the fans/fan curve. So in order of non-recoverable costs:

- Check mounting and thermal paste spread

- Max out the pump rpm (should already do this anyway)

- Increase the fan curve for the 3 fans

- Replace the 3 fans for something that can push more air at the same noise level (e.g. Noctua NF-A12x25, Arctic p12)

- Replace AIO for something else (another 360? side-grade to big-air cooler?)

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

If thermal paste spread is okay, then you are most likely limited by the AIO build-quality itself as well as the fans/fan curve. So in order of non-recoverable costs:

- Check mounting and thermal paste spread

- Max out the pump rpm (should already do this anyway)

- Increase the fan curve for the 3 fans

- Replace the 3 fans for something that can push more air at the same noise level (e.g. Noctua NF-A12x25, Arctic p12)

- Replace AIO for something else (another 360? side-grade to big-air cooler?)

I researched this AIO a lot and it gave perfect temps for reviewers. I don't think the problem is the AIO itself or the fans. The pump is already at full speed. I set a fan curve so my fans are %20 until 50 degrees after 50 degrees it goes up to %75 but never %100. After a specific RPM my whole table vibrates due to the AIO fans as well. I am so upset :(

2 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

I researched this AIO a lot and it gave perfect temps for reviewers. I don't think the problem is the AIO itself or the fans. The pump is already at full speed. I set a fan curve so my fans are %20 until 50 degrees after 50 degrees it goes up to %75 but never %100. After a specific RPM my whole table vibrates due to the AIO fans as well. I am so upset :(

If you are getting that bad of a vibration, sounds like something is not screwed down properly or you've got a bad fan. There is no acceptable scenario for fan vibrations exceeding a loud hum.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

If you are getting that bad of a vibration, sounds like something is not screwed down properly or you've got a bad fan. There is no acceptable scenario for fan vibrations exceeding a loud hum.

I just noticed just one of the fan screws is not screwed in %100 I am going to try to screw that in fully

I just noticed just one of the fan screws is not screwed in %100 I am going to try to screw that in fully

I'f you're going to unmount the radiator anyway, try running your tests with it just resting sideways on the top of your case, for example, to get an idea if your case is restricting a lot of airflow or not.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I'f you're going to unmount the radiator anyway, try running your tests with it just resting sideways on the top of your case, for example, to get an idea if your case is restricting a lot of airflow or not.

I didn't unmount the radiator I just fully screwed it in inside the case

I have no use case with this generation of Ryzen - but those temps, based on what I have heard since release, agesa updates, vCore updates to mobos over time, seems quite normal to me as described above.

Hitting 75c while running Cinebench on an Overclock makes sense to me.  On my R7 1700 I have nearly double the radiator space you have and hit 68c each pass with all 3 radiators in push/pull config with fans @ 20c ambient temps.  If I heat soak it, it goes into the low 70s but Cinebench is very unrealistic.  

How I would test this?  Turn off overclock, what are temps then?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

7 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

I have no use case with this generation of Ryzen - but those temps, based on what I have heard since release, agesa updates, vCore updates to mobos over time, seems quite normal to me as described above.

Hitting 75c while running Cinebench on an Overclock makes sense to me.  On my R7 1700 I have nearly double the radiator space you have and hit 68c each pass with all 3 radiators in push/pull config with fans @ 20c ambient temps.  If I heat soak it, it goes into the low 70s but Cinebench is very unrealistic.  

How I would test this?  Turn off overclock, what are temps then?

How did it matter so much?? 60 Degrees in cinebench with 1.1V 4.2 GHz which is basically no overclock. I guess 4.4 was a bit too much

6 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

How did it matter so much?? 60 Degrees in cinebench with 1.1V 4.2 GHz which is basically no overclock. I guess 4.4 was a bit too much

As you apply more voltage, the silicon gets leakier and produces more heat instead of actually doing the good stuff. The curve is exponential so pushing the extreme end of a stable overclock will always be toasty.

You can dial back down to 4.3 GHz and maybe settle for a middle ground where you are happy with your OC and temperatures. Otherwise the brute force methods above will need to be used to increase your cooling capacity.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

As you apply more voltage, the silicon gets leakier and produces more heat instead of actually doing the good stuff. The curve is exponential so pushing the extreme end of a stable overclock will always be toasty.

You can dial back down to 4.3 GHz and maybe settle for a middle ground where you are happy with your OC and temperatures. Otherwise the brute force methods above will need to be used to increase your cooling capacity.

Before I bought the AIO I was dreaming of 1.45V 4.7 GHz. I guess not :D

I think that was definitely something that should be left in a dream :) 4.4 definitely really good for Zen2 though, my 3950X can only hit 4.3 GHz at stock memory.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I think that was definitely something that should be left in a dream :) 4.4 definitely really good for Zen2 though, my 3950X can only hit 4.3 GHz at stock memory.

I used to do 1.35V 4.5 GHz before with my big Air Cooler. The temps were fine only while gaming though. It hit 100 degrees in cinebench. I want to try 1.35V 4.5 GHz again but only for gaming

34 minutes ago, redcan0 said:

Not sure if an ice bath will be enough, may need dry ice.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

32 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Not sure if an ice bath will be enough, may need dry ice.

There isn’t any better cooling than an 360mm AIO though. Yes there are custom loop cooling systems or liquid nitrogen. But for a standard user 360mm AIO is the best. I really had my hopes up