How to revive a dead YT channel

_Obi_Wan_Kenobi_

I stopped uploading to my channel for a month and it hurt my growth badly. I started uploading again but instead of 40 views a video im getting less than 10. I need tips on how to revive it again. (This is not a shoutout, I am genuinely asking for tips)

< removed by moderation >

Edited by LogicalDrm

10 hours ago, MacOS_User said:

I stopped uploading to my channel for a month and it hurt my growth badly. I started uploading again but instead of 40 views a video im getting less than 10. I need tips on how to revive it again. (This is not a shoutout, I am genuinely asking for tips)

Keep posting on a regular basis, it'll pick up eventually. YouTube is quick to drop off channels, and slow to advertise them again.

Edited by LogicalDrm

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Maybe stop uploading < 1 min videos, you're not on TikTok 

Do better thumbnails, maybe try avoiding what's obvious screenshots from videos you didn't make (from movies, from football matches) 

Probably be more consistent, 1 upload each week is most likely better than 2-3 videos a week then 1 month pause. 

Also why would Youtube continue to recommend your videos when those that subscribe probably don't ever revisit your channel as there's nothing to see there... they're just one hit wonders, someone likes a meme but won't like whatever you upload next. 

ps ... "hurt my growth badly"  - what a joke, you have 20 subscribers on a channel that's 8 months old. 

Consistency, keep uploading on a regular basis, make good content you will eventually reach the right viewers who will stay.

zuofx 🙂

www.zuofx.xyz

Windows System: i5-9400, GTX 1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 2600Hz.

Linux System (Mint): i7-2600, iGPU, 20GB DDR3 1600Hz, (Salvaged from a Professor's hoard).

Laptop: Apple M1 2021 Mac Pro.

----------------------

Don't turn on 2 computers at once in a University dorm.

It does not end well.

🙂👍

You have to understand that marketing yourself as a product, (deprecating as that sounds) means that you have to act like you are a physical brand.

If you want to revive a dead channel you'll have to affiliate that channel with an 'updater' like an associated Twitter or Twitch account. When you aren't getting recognized by Youtube's algorithm you aren't getting subscribers, just like when you aren't streaming you aren't getting more followers.

You need to amalgamate and take advantage of the free social aspects of the internet to grow your brand and have that branding available for consumption 24 hours a day 7 days a week to get recognized. If you build it, they will come.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

Personally... your channel uploads are all over the place. There's no consistent content type. Successful channels tend to be focused not just someone throwing mud at the wall and hoping it'll stick. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

7 hours ago, MacOS_User said:

I need tips on how to revive it again.

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnail pictures for the videos

1 hour ago, Orange1 said:

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnail pictures for the videos

Ah, the LTT method, I approve. :D 

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

9 hours ago, MacOS_User said:

I need tips on how to revive it again.

Make better content. I do not even know what I just watched, but it was pretty cringe.

Quality over quantity, then once you get better at that you can upload more.

Make something that you would enjoy watching.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

Regular uploads.

Proper video length of at least 8 to 10 minutes (if you want midrolls, otherwise, 3~4 minutes is ok)

And most of all :

Wherever and whenever you can. Just not here. We don't do that here. In fact, the link you've posted of your channel is against the CS.

But Reddit is a good place to start. Whichever forums you can find that's related to the "content" you make as well.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

@MacOS_User, link to your channel has been removed by moderation. Please read our rules:

• No advertising of any non LTT/LMG material.
    • eBay/trading sites, personal websites or businesses except where appropriate. (e.g. "Who can do data recovery in Vancouver?", "Anyone know where I can get this part?").
    • No affiliate links unless created by Linus Media Group. Note that the LMG affiliate code will be automatically added to Amazon links.
    • Twitch/Youtube links are only allowed in your own status updates; posting them on other users' profiles or updates is not allowed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Upload lol