Films you watch for Halloween?

Radium_Angel

We all have our favs (The Thing is mine) but what are some of the films that are perhaps more obscure that would be good to watch for the upcoming Halloween weekend?

The Tremors series just released the 7th (7th!) sequel and it *almost* touches greatness from time to time.

So I"m going back and watching the first 6, and the TV series (which is sort of meh, having been done on a zero budget, I'm really struggling through them, all of 13 episodes!) then for the weekend I'm going to re-watch Grabbers (Irish Tremors-like film) and The Burrowers (a western Tremors-like film)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I’ve never really liked horror movies.  The drive to watch than is inexplicable to me.  I like “the nightmare before Christmas” though that’s arguably also a Christmas movie.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I don't personally care for Halloween, but if you're up for recommendations, and if you like X-Files, then Season 8, Episode 7.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

Child's Play 1-3

I've not seen all of these, but the one where he gets a wife was quite amusing.

36 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I am too easily scared 😓

And yet here you are in this thread 🤪

39 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

X-Files

You know, these don't age well at all. Davis could act, Gillian? Not so much... (IMO of course)

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I’ve never really liked horror movies.

d9994a36114acdb18856feeee8594a655211983f.jpg

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've not seen all of these, but the one where he gets a wife was quite amusing.

And yet here you are in this thread 🤪

You know, these don't age well at all. Davis could act, Gillian? Not so much... (IMO of course)

d9994a36114acdb18856feeee8594a655211983f.jpg

There are people that love them.  This is fine.  I met a girl once who absolutely adored marching band music.  That was fine too.  I don’t have to understand the attraction to accept that there is one.   I have seen horror movies.  Maybe they affect me differently.  I don’t know.  I do recognize that there is an emotional endocrinological effect from them.  It’s just an effect I strive to avoid experiencing. I’d rather watch nascar.  And I don’t like watching nascar either.  Lots of people do though. There are all sorts of inexplicable things in the world that other people love.  Like twaddling around with computers.  The majority of the population would really rather not.   That’s fine too. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Does Casper the Friendly Ghost (movie and animation shorts) count?

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Always a classic.

I love watching Halloween, Michael Myers is one of my favorite slasher characters

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

I suppose we shouldn't forget the Hellraiser franchise, but there were more bad films, than good ones.

58 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I suppose we shouldn't forget the Hellraiser franchise, but there were more bad films, than good ones.

Mmmm.. really bad movies... “ Hansel and Gretel”I suppose I could watch for Halloween.  It’s not quite “robot monster”  bad but it’s surprisingly close. 

On 10/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

On 10/27/2020 at 3:54 AM, Radium_Angel said:

Always a classic.

Except this year it's not gonna be on for free over the normal airwaves like it has for the last like 30+ years. I think it was disney, (could be mistaken, maybe hulu or netflix) that wanted to make a few extra bucks so they pulled it to their own streaming crap.

Also how has nobody mentioned Hocus Pocus yet? I mean if there was ever a classic halloween movie that is it, i've watched it damn near every year, its like Die Hard at christmas time.

I don't really like the true horror movies too much.

I like them with a science fiction twist or with a comedy element sometimes.

THE KEEP is one of my favorites that is technically horror but to me it is really science fiction.

I wish they would do a sequel to that one. I remember the keep monster being way more scary and giant body builder like in it when I first watched it years ago. I loved that but when I bought it on iTunes he looked different.  Still fun to watch though. It is just needs a little more story for the sequel if they ever do it.

Another of my favorites is the 1970s original version of THE FOG.

I also like that Stephen King movie SLEEP WALKERS.

An American Werewolf in London. (1981).

Bad Moon (1996).

On 10/26/2020 at 9:23 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't personally care for Halloween, but if you're up for recommendations, and if you like X-Files, then Season 8, Episode 7.

My all time favorite is Season 3, Episode 1  "Jose Chung's From Outer Space".

😄

2 hours ago, Intergalacticbits said:

I wish they would do a sequel to that one.

Unfortunately, the writer of the Keep (F. Paul Wilson, a fantastic writer) got roped into getting involved the film and apparently micro-managed all the way. So highly unlikely a sequel in film form....

BUT...

the Keep in book form is part of the "Repairman Jack" series FPW writes, and they are all quite excellent.