Hackers claim bankrupt Mt. Gox still has customers' bitcoins

ExDreamer

Tokyo-based Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox lost $400 million worth of bitcoins in February. Its management said the amount was stolen after hackers exploited a transaction bug to divert the funds, but some of Mt. Gox's users are not so sure, suggesting instead that the exchange's owners pocketed the cash.

Forbes reports that the group gained access to the personal blog and Reddit account of Mark Karpeles, Mt. Gox's CEO. The hackers used the platforms to post a message that claimed Karpeles still had access to some of the bitcoins that he'd reported stolen.

In support of the claim, they uploaded a series of files that included a spreadsheet of more than a million trades, Karpeles' home addresses, and a screenshot purportedly confirming the hackers' access to the data.Also included as part of the 716MB file was a file that appears to show the exchange's balances in 18 currencies.

The hackers point to this file — which reportedly shows a balance of 951,116 bitcoins — as evidence that Mt. Gox is misrepresenting the current situation. A note in the file from the hackers reportedly reads "That fat fuck has been lying!!"

Several posters on Reddit and Twitter report they've verified their personal account balances with the data in it -- also available as an Excel spreadsheet -- tied to the user id included in their first Mt. Gox registration e-mail.

aD0LJbb.jpg

Source :http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/10/5489582/mt-gox-hackers-say-exchange-still-has-customers-bitcoins

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/09/bitcoin-mark-karpeles-mt-gox-blog-hack-database/

ehh whats the point

he killed him self

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

ehh whats the point

he killed him self

Sorry what? Did he actually? I'm not really following this whole Mt. Gox thing.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

ehh whats the point

he killed him self

Wow, what? I only heard that Mt. Gox went bankrupt! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Sorry what? Did he actually? I'm not really following this whole Mt. Gox thing.

Wow, what? I only heard that Mt. Gox went bankrupt! 

http://intellihub.com/28-year-old-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-found-dead-apparent-suicide/

turns out the CEO killed her self not the owner

my bad

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Called it. And the fact that they aren't getting away with it makes it all the more interesting.

Btw users saying that it lines up with their personal data pretty much makes this fact that they're embezzling.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Acually, I'm not surprised at all with any of this. Of course this was gonna hapen in the early days of cryptocurrency. The main reason I haven't jumped aboard.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

I highly doubt it was a suicide look at all the people that would want her dead thats to much of a coincidence imo.

Unlikely, considering the lack of initial evidence of that, as well as there not actually being that many people that would seriously want her dead.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

Die cryptocurrency. Die.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

http://intellihub.com/28-year-old-bitcoin-exchange-ceo-found-dead-apparent-suicide/

turns out the CEO killed her self not the owner

my bad

I highly doubt it was a suicide look at all the people that would want her dead thats to much of a coincidence imo.

Uhm, I could be wrong, but this has nothing to do with Mt Gox.  The CEO was from a new company starting up in the US that would "replace" Mt Gox.

As for the hack, I wonder whether or not the funds still "available" are actually truly there.  It would be akin to having a bank having all the money stolen.  All the accounts put together will still have a positive balance, but the bank doesn't have the funds to actually cash out.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

From my understanding, First Meta has nothing to do with Bitcoins, just a few other cryptocurrencies.

The media just misunderstands.

And on the Mt Gox thing... Yeah, I think everyone was suspecting the administration to run off with the money. The only proof we have that they didn't is an alleged paper and the man's word.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Unlikely, considering the lack of initial evidence of that, as well as there not actually being that many people that would seriously want her dead.

If i could of been a millionaire i would of wanted the person in charge to be dead seriously think about how u would be if u had like a million dollars in a bank and then it just disappeared and obviously the person who killed her doesn't to get caught so why would there be evidence lol even if they say it was a suicide for sure i still wont believe it.

If i could of been a millionaire i would of wanted the person in charge to be dead seriously think about how u would be if u had like a million dollars in a bank and then it just disappeared and obviously the person who killed her doesn't to get caught so why would there be evidence lol even if they say it was a suicide for sure i still wont believe it.

If there was no obvious initial evidence of anything but a suicide, I think it's somewhat safe to assume that it was one. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but we often hear stories of people who just lost that much money shooting themselves or jumping off of buildings. It makes sense that it would be a suicide, and murder just seems like speculation at this point. Regardless, I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't know how to use periods.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

omg i just found my 4.2 bitcoins :o

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Using my psych powers.... The owners pocketed the cash and hired or used "hackers" to pretend the coins were gone. The CEO knew something about the scandal and they killed her for knowing too much. 

But I'm just bored. 

Just because there is a spread sheet that stated that there is supposed to be 951,116 bitcoins in an account does not mean that there is actually is that many bitcoins in the account. 

The spreadsheet is an accounting of how things should be.  The problem is that they did not reconcile what there should have been with what was really there, so when bitcoins went missing it wasn’t noticed. 

The spreadsheet is not evidence of fraud, its evidence of incompetence and poor accounting practices.

This is why we need hackers and people like anonymous.

Becareful for what you wish for...