Is it me, or are awfully written posts increasing?

pythonmegapixel

idk, i hasn’t seeing what ur sayun

5 hours ago, Caroline said:

posts and comments

that are basically

separate sentences

with 

odd spacing and format 

as if they were copied and pasted from multiple websites or

a word document

You forgot to write it in comic sans

Ryzen 3 1200

8GB DDR4

1050Ti

#animeaspfpgang

9 hours ago, piratemonkey said:

Depending it might be beneficial especially with new users. They will probably not quote you when responding so then you don't see it. Also when responding to specific parts of a question it's fine. Besides that it's annoying especially with pictures or videos on op's post

If they don't quote me then, they don't quote me? Not sure where you're going with that.

Sniping posts isn't just strait removing all the content from the quote, it's sniping all the non related stuff but keeping the part(s) you're responding to (but one should still snip images and videos).

I'm most annoyed by people who capitalize informal nouns. It's like reading an 18th century letter without the articulation.

(And yes, this has been happening on the internet for decades)

4 minutes ago, Commodus said:

I'm most annoyed by people who capitalize informal nouns. It's like reading an 18th century letter without the articulation.

(And yes, this has been happening on the internet for decades)

To be fair, that is standard grammar in German, and so is more understandable.

What is not understandable is Capitalising Every Word Regardless Of Whether It Is A Noun Or Not AND Also THrowing In Some SPUrious Captials In the MidDLE Of WORDS.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

52 minutes ago, pythonmegapixel said:

What is not understandable is Capitalising Every Word Regardless Of Whether It Is A Noun Or Not AND Also THrowing In Some SPUrious Captials In the MidDLE Of WORDS.

wHaT iS Not UNDErStandaBle is CaPItAlisiNG EvErY wOrD rEGARDlEss OF WHEtHeR it iS a NoUn oR NOt AND alSO ThroWiNg In SOme spuRious CAPtiaLs in The miDDLE Of WoRdS.

image.png.612847f224a8943c3316be25ed141a92.png

This is the only time where randomly capitalizing letters in words is acceptable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 hours ago, pythonmegapixel said:

To be fair, that is standard grammar in German, and so is more understandable.

True, although I've also seen Americans and others capitalize informal nouns... that's not so understandable!

I'll definitely agree that the purely arbitrary capitalization is worse. It's like they're so unsure of how to use capitals that they capitalize everything "just in case."

Too many Kids with uncontrolled Internet Access. A Problem we have to live with.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I do not like the "you're new here, you don't know how bad it really is, etc." things

But I do have to use that excuse here.

These sort of posts have been the standard since forever, as far as I can remember.

The actual shitposts have reduced in quality though, whereas in the past they were funny; now they are just shitty memes (or maybe I just don't enjoy then as much).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A lot of the quoting issues are probably from mobile where things are an arse 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

I just bought a book off Amazon for my Kindle, and it has almost no punctuation, the grammar is almost non-existent, there are spelling mistakes reasonably frequently, and worst of all, the writing itself is only 5th grade level or so.

Sadly, the internet is doing a nasty number on written English. 😧 

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022