Don't worry Linus, I am sure nvidia's CEO won't be mad at you...

lambrosgg
1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah true, videos used to be labeled as "showcase" I supposed LTT gets more views without it.

It's not about the time, it's potentially not realizing I clicked on a hype train ad, having to even click in the first place gives them the view from it.

1. I doubt it affects views that much as those who know what showcase means in a title is probably an ltt fan and will watch regardless. 

2. YouTube doesn't count views that are less than 30 seconds I think

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

So, if a video about a new CPU is sponsored by dbrand, should it say OMG THE 4950x IS AMAZING SPONCERED BY DBRAND!!!!!!

If dbrand sponsored the video, sure. I'm not sure why people have such a problem with knowing what they're clicking on is a "showcase" video.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

he King of Burgers got Jealous and release nuggest for a buck. Woopty do.

Though those 10 peice for like 2$ is a pretty good quick meal.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Seems like you're upset that he is using his scale and rapport with NVIDIA to make money. Totally understand this viewpoint. You know you don't have to watch videos you believe are ads, right?

In that same logic, is it fair that I also don't get a personalized review unit to test? Of course not. But that's too bad!

6 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

1. I doubt it affects views that much as those who know what showcase means in a title is probably an ltt fan and will watch regardless. 

Yeah that is a good point

7 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

I didn't know that, and the true ltt fans will probably turn off ad block.

12 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

this is correct. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

tf is this thread, OP are you ok?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Yes, he could just say no. And then maybe sell some buildings because he can't pay the tax anymore or fire some employee because he can't pay them anymore. No big deal, right?

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |

I am still not sure why you are upset.  It is pretty common knowledge that LTT does sponsorship, and are sponsored by manufacturers to do videos about their products.  I took the entire 8k gaming video as an infomercial specifically because it was made abundantly clear that it was sponsored by nvidia.  And I am/was totally ok with that.  it was cool to see that AMAZING display, even though I wont buy a 2090 or the TV.

LTT has never hidden sponsorship information, or at least I have never seen a video where the sponsors aren't made abundantly clear.  That's really all I can ask of them.  I am sorry that you seem so upset by this.

OP it's not worth complaining about this. I have completely given up a long time ago.

LTT has pretty much no integrity and will do a lot of things that goes against their personal morals if it means they make money from it.

Their fans will defend them regardless of what they do and resort to weak arguments like "they have to make money to survive" while their employees drives around in luxury cars.

What really bothers me is that LTT is an entertainment channel, not an educational or review channel. But despite this people seem to think they can learn things by watching LTT. I think this flip flopping between "give us money and we'll give your product praise and try and influence people to buy it" and "you can trust us because we are professional tech reviews and our videos are well researched" clashes quite hard.

11 hours ago, Fatih19 said:

Yes, he could just say no. And then maybe sell some buildings because he can't pay the tax anymore or fire some employee because he can't pay them anymore. No big deal, right?

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

OP it's not worth complaining about this. I have completely given up a long time ago.

LTT has pretty much no integrity and will do a lot of things that goes against their personal morals if it means they make money from it.

Their fans will defend them regardless of what they do and resort to weak arguments like "they have to make money to survive" while their employees drives around in luxury cars.

What really bothers me is that LTT is an entertainment channel, not an educational or review channel. But despite this people seem to think they can learn things by watching LTT. I think this flip flopping between "give us money and we'll give your product praise and try and influence people to buy it" and "you can trust us because we are professional tech reviews and our videos are well researched" clashes quite hard.

So many people replying without making it to the second sentence of my post: "To be clear: the timing of the video is the issue and not the video itself."

I don't have issue with sponsors. I don't even have issue with this exact sponsored video. The issue is posting that kind of sponsored content (early-controlled "first look"), on the day before the review embargo and I explain why its hurting both viewers and other tech media on my post.

7 hours ago, Warin said:

LTT has never hidden sponsorship information, or at least I have never seen a video where the sponsors aren't made abundantly clear.  That's really all I can ask of them.  I am sorry that you seem so upset by this.

I know and I really appreciate that and said thanks about it on the first post. MKHBD made the same video at the same time but he didn't disclose the sponsorship...

At the end of the day OP, regardless of all this non-sense that you have said about hating sponsored videos were you planning on purchasing the brand new RTX 3090?

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

lol 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Yes, marketing like this is pretty much a cancer. Sadly, selling out for a fancy TV and a graphics card (hey, at least it's better than selling out just for an early access to a non-flagship card) is completely accepted by PC community.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

5 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I have the same feeling. I used to watch back in the NCIX days.. now I just don't as much... :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

36 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

At the end of the day OP, regardless of all this non-sense that you have said about hating sponsored videos were you planning on purchasing the brand new RTX 3090?

most likely not.

still find it entertaining the way he keeps throwing "what if" and tries to make a point by referring to something that doesn't contribute to the discussion

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

most likely not.

still find it entertaining the way he keeps throwing "what if" and tries to make a point by referring to something that doesn't contribute to the discussion

I just feel this was a knee jerk reaction in order to drum up some type of drama (as seems quite common both in general and what was stated before about OP's post history). Just be more like Bill.

Be Like Bill Meme - Imgflip

SPEC LIST:

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁

22 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

I just feel this was a knee jerk reaction in order to drum up some type of drama (as seems quite common both in general and what was stated before about OP's post history). Just be more like Bill.

my comment or OP's comments?

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

my comment or OP's comments?

OP's

SPEC LIST:

Just now, Minicoop said:

OP's

probably,

but the mods haven't locked the thread *JINX*

who knows maybe lurkers got some new info from this.

1 hour ago, Minicoop said:

And another one who didn't even bother to reach the second sentence of my first post: "To be clear: the timing of the video is the issue and not the video itself."

I don't have issue with sponsors. I don't even have issue with this exact sponsored video. The issue is posting that kind of sponsored content (early-controlled "first look"), on the day before the review embargo and I explain why its hurting both viewers and other tech media on my post.

Maybe I need to make that sentence my signature...

How is me planning to buy a RTX 3090 relevant in any way?

55 minutes ago, Minicoop said:

I don't like Bill. Bill is a defeatist and a nihilist. When I see something that I don't like and I genuinely believe its wrong and damaging the industry I love, I try to change it. Maybe Bill doesn't care that youtube is slowly becoming a big telemarketing channel, but I do.

6 hours ago, Minicoop said:

Be Like Bill Meme - Imgflip

Wouldn't this also apply to everyone in this thread to hates on OP? Or should only those who disagree with you behave like Bill and everyone who agrees with you should voice their opinions? 

On 9/25/2020 at 2:20 AM, LAwLz said:

This feels very unfair. While I have taken issue with some undisclosed biases with their editorial stances and reporting, that's a far cry from this kind of statement.  Do you have examples you can point to?

-------------

Something I'm curious about is... why does it matter to people if something is a sponsered video or not? I don't mean as in if a review was sponsored so you can't trust it... I mean the "I'll watch the review post, but not the screwing around and gaming with it hype post"...maybe cuz I just watch the stuff while doing other things, and it's part of just occupuying my mind on the endless death march that is 2020, and I'm not all harcore tech like some folks here are, but I just watch the videos, not really look at a "Oh, this one will give me the answers I seek"...I thought the LG paid for "look at our virtual convention" was a really cool video cuz it was sort of hanging out with someone looking at neat stuff, rather than just dry presentation".  shurg...

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎