ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
On 9/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

Am I missing something here? I entered via the listed web page, but nowhere did it give me the chance to put in a link to the video I created, only my name, email address and birth date, and I never got notified that I was actually entered. I did use the email address from the YT channel I posted the video on. Did I miss doing something? Can anyone help me? I'm not sure if it is appropriate here, but as time is running out I am linking my video here. Hope that is ok. https://youtu.be/Rk5Gc8wStjA

1 minute ago, FuzzeeDee said:

Am I missing something here? I entered via the listed web page, but nowhere did it give me the chance to put in a link to the video I created, only my name, email address and birth date, and I never got notified that I was actually entered. I did use the email address from the YT channel I posted the video on. Did I miss doing something? Can anyone help me? I'm not sure if it is appropriate here, but as time is running out I am linking my video here. Hope that is ok. https://youtu.be/Rk5Gc8wStjA

When you go to the link for the page to enter the competition does it say you have an entry in the top corner

No, it says 0 entries. How do I fix this.

< image removed for privacy reasons >

Edited by LogicalDrm

save?

On 9/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, FuzzeeDee said:

Edited by LogicalDrm

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

On 9/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, FuzzeeDee said:

ok so what your probably going to have to do is hit that save button and then scroll down to the bottom of the page it should say video submission click on it and you can put the link to your video

Edited by LogicalDrm

On 9/25/2020 at 11:31 PM, BananaCS13 said:

When you go to the link for the page to enter the competition does it say you have an entry in the top corner

Oops, forgot to do it as a reply. 0 entries, how do I fix this.

< image removed for privacy reasons >

Edited by LogicalDrm

On 9/25/2020 at 11:39 PM, FuzzeeDee said:

Oops, forgot to do it as a reply. 0 entries, how do I fix this.

once you hit save the page should look like this scroll down and you can submit there

Screenshot_20200925-133722.jpg

Edited by LogicalDrm

5 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

ok so what your probably going to have to do is hit that save button and then scroll down to the bottom of the page it should say video submission click on it and you can put the link to your video

Ok, now I got it. Thanks everyone.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 2.41.19 PM.png

1 minute ago, FuzzeeDee said:

Ok, now I got it. Thanks everyone.

Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 2.41.19 PM.png

wish you luck. hope you win.

39 minutes ago, FuzzeeDee said:

If anyone cares to see my submission, here it is.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600? I have one of those

1 minute ago, Oliver Michael said:

I'd say it's a little late to make a new submission...

lol, im filming mine tonight. I have it planned, just need to film.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

So I was just about to submit my entry, but I noticed something...

My thumbnail is displaying the incorrect video duration of 1:01 which would get me disqualified, but once you click onto the video it becomes 1:00, which is correct as in Sony Vegas my video is :59.59 in length.

Is there anything I can do about the thumbnail or should I just not worry about it?

unknown-245.png

unknown-215.png

1 minute ago, ErisNoRNG_ said:

So I was just about to submit my entry, but I noticed something...

My thumbnail is displaying the incorrect video duration of 1:01 which would get me disqualified, but once you click onto the video it becomes 1:00, which is correct as in Sony Vegas my video is :59.59 in length.

Is there anything I can do about the thumbnail or should I just not worry about it?

-snip-

I would cut a bit off, just to be sure.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

lol, im filming mine tonight. I have it planned, just need to film.

Bro u have to finish before midnight tho

Just now, iamkirigiver said:

Bro u have to finish before midnight tho

nah, its 5:20pm here, and the contest ends 1:59am tomorow (my time) thats enough time.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Still cutting it close IMO, still gotta edit that shit. Mine took 2 days and multiple reshoots, and I'm so fucking exhausted from all that work.

Just now, Oliver Michael said:

Still cutting it close IMO, still gotta edit that shit. Mine took 2 days and multiple reshoots, and I'm so fucking exhausted from all that work.

Im luckey enough to have acces to a more "powerful" family PC, but the rig im doing it what I have. Lol, IDK if I would call a 7400 powerful, but its OK enough for 720p 30fps video editing.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Yeah I edited my video in 720p 30fps but because my rig is shit, Premiere crashed over 17 times in the course of editing and made me have to do a hard restart on my pc twice.

I saw some people posting their submissions here, so I guess I'll join the parade as it were:

Sorry about the horrendous video quality. My phone is terrible just like my PC (it's a Moto e5 Play).

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

3 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

I saw some people posting their submissions here, so I guess I'll join the parade as it were:

Sorry about the horrendous video quality. My phone is terrible just like my PC (it's a Moto e5 Play).

Kevin MacLeod. That is my only criticism.

Ok, so, the animated video I put way too many hours into is now gone, PSU went and appears to have taken other parts with it...

But that's ok! I dusted off an even older laptop and threw something together quickly... Just so I actually had an entry, even if it wasn't the thing I spent dozens of hours on lol.