I'd like to see Linus Review OS X......

I'm new to this site and I've done what you suggested me to do, Thanks

Everyone was new once, it's fine.

Most of them use Premier Pro and After Effects. Yes you get this in Windows and that's what my question is??

You do realise Adobes creative suites aimed for Mac... All there advertisement and demos are usually Mac based, but that would be because the have a discrete and little less known partnership.

I like both OS's, have owned both, but atm, opt for windows because of the game support and general nerdout factor with customising my rig. But both have there purpose, needs and fan base. I just don't get the hate both sides have for one another. If little johnny wants a Mac, so be it, but little johnny doesn't need to be a dick about his shiny Mac, and so on.

on a windows machine it's really easy to find your way around the file system and you can get really deep into system setting within a second and from using IOS devices I know how Apple hates it when people try to do things like that

Mac is not like iOS. See the problem is most people think OS X is like closed and restricted like iOS, but it's not. You can a lot of customizations and at the end of the day, its Mac who is more stable and fine than windows. I have a hackintosh and trust me other than the initial installation problems I had 0 problems with it. In fact it runs better than how windows does

You do realise Adobes creative suites aimed for Mac... All there advertisement and demos are usually Mac based, but that would be because the have a discrete and little less known partnership.

I like both OS's, have owned both, but atm, opt for windows because of the game support and general nerdout factor with customising my rig. But both have there purpose, needs and fan base. I just don't get the hate both sides have for one another. If little johnny wants a Mac, so be it, but little johnny doesn't need to be a dick about his shiny Mac, and so on.

What the hell did I say, did you even read what I wrote in the first place

What the hell did I say, did you even read what I wrote in the first place

Wow dude, chill yo beans! I see you and someone else talking about the creative suite like its a PC only thing, when in actual fact it's not and a damn sight better than FCP.

People you chose as examples are into tech, but not into pc hardware, every review i saw so far pc's beat macs price/performance period.

But I don't think Windows beats Mac in being more stable, error free and reliable. Not once in 3 years I had to shutdown a Mac due to some errors or updates or etc. And also Mac has so much more robust features than what windows has. The only advantage I see in windows is games and its like 'open to anyone'

But I don't think Windows beats Mac in being more stable, error free and reliable. Not once in 3 years I had to shutdown a Mac due to some errors or updates or etc. And also Mac has so much more robust features than what windows has. The only advantage I see in windows is games and its like 'open to anyone'

I said price/performance.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I said price/performance.

What I'm saying is that's the only thing, since Windows is 'open to all'

Ok, so most of the YouTubers out there use Mac as their day to day rig, Jonathan from TLDtoday, Lew from UnboxTherapy, Marques from MKBHD, Austin from Austin Evans channel and so on, except for........Linus.

No matter how much you hate Apple, there's got to be reason why so many people use OS X for content creation. 

I like Linus's reviews are a lot convincing and truthful. Not that other Youtubers are lying, but I always search for reviews done by the LinusTechTips channel or NCIXcom channel before I buy something so that I could get his opinion

So what I want to see Linus do is get a Mac, or build a Hackintosh with a help of TonyMacX86 since you must be having so many parts lying around collecting dust and use it for 1 whole month and post a video regularly expressing your thoughts on it without of course considering the price or whatsoever.

So why don't you guys (other members) like this post and bring it to the top so that Mr.TechTips himself could see this proposal.

UPDATE: I get that Linus does reviews of stuff thats only applicable to windows, but what I want is an honest opinion from him. The only reason I got really interested into computer hardware is because of him and I would like to hear his thoughts on it

@LinusTech

4. Spamming

We do not want spam on Linus Tech Tips. There are certain sections of the forum designated for "off topic" and "general" posting posts containing those sorts of topics need to go there. That being said, spam includes, but is not limited to the following:

• Excessive/excessively off-topic threads or posts.
  • Posting nonsensical messages.
  • "Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages.
  • Post-Count farming.
  • Unsolicited advertising via private message or email.
  • Messages without content relevant to this website's mission.
  • Do not intentionally derail threads. Off-Topic is there for a reason.
  • Repeated posting with constant referrals to other website(s) with no purpose other than the promotion of that website.
  • Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
  • Reputation or "Likes" farming.
  • The posting solely of memes or similar images without contributing to the discussion, memes can be funny and applicable but if it is completely unrelated it is spam.
  • The posting of AMA's - ask me anything type threads.
  • Posting any of the above will result in your post being deleted and your account being infracted or worse, suspended.

In fairness RedRound2 lives in Dubai, where macs grow on trees ;p

In fairness RedRound2 lives in Dubai, where macs grow on trees ;p

No, it doesn't. Its much cheaper in North America

Leave%20while%20you%20still%20can.gif

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I don't know what you're trying to say, but all I'm asking is Linus to do a review on OS X.

I don't see a point in it.

There is a lot of problems with Linus (or anyone) doing an objective review when switch to a new computing platform.

Not meaning to start any wars. But I used Mac after leaning ubuntu. And really interms of finding stuff in the file system is not that much different. I have loved both my hackintoshes way more than windows. But I love my linux machines more than windows too sadly I am forced to use windows to run all my hardware

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

For Linus or his team to give a good review of OS X, I think they would have to dedicate at least a month to using it.

They can record their first impressions, of course.  

But to give a good review of any operating system (especially one that they've not used alot, if ever at all), they should try using it daily first.

*my view... main advantage of OS X is having a POSIX terminal window.  Very convenient when often ssh to other linux boxes.  Same can be done in Windows if you install other tools though.

** I voted "Yes".  Would be interesting for sure!

He doesn't do a lot of software based videos (other than benchmarks), and the Mac hardware expansion options are almost non-existent. There aren't 50 different CPU/Mobo choices for Mac. The PSU you get is the PSU you get. And so on.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Thats like a very experienced food critic reviewing Mcdonalds.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It's always funny to see people freak out over the mention of anything apple.  So much insecurity and sensitivity.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

For Linus or his team to give a good review of OS X, I think they would have to dedicate at least a month to using it.

They can record their first impressions, of course.  

But to give a good review of any operating system (especially one that they've not used alot, if ever at all), they should try using it daily first.

I figure it would have to be a minimum of 3 months and probably about 6 months as a daily driver to really get the workflow change kinks worked out, to the point where faults found with the workflow setup is that of the Operating System and its supporting programs. and not that of the user or what issues setup they have created their workflow. Sure a month could be used but half the problem in attempting to evaluate OSX is changing a persons particular habits and getting them accustomed to something different, which would take awhile.

Obviously and should go without saying, in the interest of content creation, anything that requires them to use windows (Video Card testing, gameplay stuff etc...) would be done with windows.

I have to say it's pretty terrible. Better than Linux, but not as good as Windows.

People use it for content creation because of Apple's own software like Final Cut Pro.

Compatible with Windows 95

I find it very funny that OSX user will talk about Windows as if it was Linux, as if it was required to be good with computers to handle it. Windows is quite user friendly, if you have trouble using with it then you probably aren't very good with computers, and most likely shouldn't take in the name of a whole tech community.

I don't see anyone comparing to Windows to Linux, especially when OS X has a Unix Core. OS X is essentially a pretty, very usable distribution of Linux with the exception of some closed-licenses components which is still better than Windows since it's entirely closed-source.

I have to say it's pretty terrible. Better than Linux, but not as good as Windows.

People use it for content creation because of Apple's own software like Final Cut Pro.

A lot of people use it. I've seen plenty of power-users (software engineers, network engineers etc) with OS X as their choice. Screw Microsoft's licensing.

Let's take an example. Google, arguably the most influential technology / software company in the world, all use OS X. In fact, you have to convince your superiors if you want to use Windows, which isn't done, because Windows is inferior. Here's a talk on it.

It would be entertaining to watch him try and switch to OSX for a couple of weeks

You haven't used one. I own a MacBook and I'm loving it. And because of that I went through all the trouble of getting hackintosh and it's totally worth it. You should try it for a long time to see the benefits of using Mac over Windows. I do have a licesed copy of 8.1 but I always boot into OS X because its much more intuitive and user friendly

*Sigh* Most people don't seem to get it, it's personal preference, I've tried a Mac many times before, for the whole 9 yards, media, 3D modeling, gaming, etc. I found it extremely unintuitive and literally all media porgrams on it have a Windows counterpart that I always like better. You can use Sony Vegas for video editing all of the Adobe products many audio production programs. Basically Macs are for peopls who like Macs PC's are for people who like PCS there is no superiority and no reason anyone should use a Mac unless they want to themselves.

Errors are user initiated, an error free environment is created by you. If you do not know what you're doing you will recieve errors on either platform. They are both well built, On Windows I've had zero problems in the past 14 years. In my college courses I took the Macs crashed like no tomorrow. It's all about the user.