Sony eyeing more PC titles

Andreas Lilja

Sony has said in a 2020 corporate report that it plans to bring more first-party games to the PC in the future. 

"We will explore expanding our 1st party titles to the PC platform," says the report, "in order to promote further growth in our profitability." The decision to bring more of the Sony in-house catalog to the PC is cited as a key strategic point to the coming direction of its Game & Network services division.

The reason for the change is partially given in the report: "Competition from online PC games and players from other industries is expected to continue to intensify."

https://www.pcgamer.com/sonys-new-strategy-brings-more-of-its-titles-to-pc/

As someone impressed by HZD and Death Stranding, I'm totally in for more.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I have developed something of an addiction to Horizon Zero Dawn.

The combat is really fun. Just wish gathering health was a bit less time consuming. Also getting really tired of fighting giant robots and running into other packs of robots that immediately results in me getting killed.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

@Andreas Lilja Please update your topic to meet the Guidelines.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

After playing through HZD on the ps4 and the pro, then recently on the PC in ultrawide HDR... I think I'd probably die if Forbidden West released on PC.
It is goddamn beautiful in 3440x1440.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

good. i don't plan on buying another console from either MS or Sony. I'm happy with my PC and my Switch.

I do hope Ghost of Tsushima comes to PC, that game is beautiful

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

4 hours ago, Andreas Lilja said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/sonys-new-strategy-brings-more-of-its-titles-to-pc/

As someone impressed by HZD and Death Stranding, I'm totally in for more.

I hope they just realize that they need to bring anything with multiplayer to the PC, and in english if they are go make any inroads into the multiplayer space. 

Likewise, Sony needs more commitment to it's multiplayer space. We can't keep having games with only a 1-year lifespan, again.

Good, exclusivity is bad. The sooner everything is available on every platform and it's completely up to the consumer to choose which platform to use, the better. Now if only Nintendo would follow suit as well.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

I hope they just realize that they need to bring anything with multiplayer to the PC, and in english if they are go make any inroads into the multiplayer space. 

Likewise, Sony needs more commitment to it's multiplayer space. We can't keep having games with only a 1-year lifespan, again.

Killzone series perhaps? Always wanted to play that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

8 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

I have developed something of an addiction to Horizon Zero Dawn.

The combat is really fun. Just wish gathering health was a bit less time consuming. Also getting really tired of fighting giant robots and running into other packs of robots that immediately results in me getting killed.

Man I'm so glad that PC users have finally enjoyed HZD. What a great game.

Hopefully we'll get Ratchet and Clank on PC soon (wishful thinking I know)

Sony is jumping into the scene a little late after trying to parade their PS4 as "better than PCs" for a bit. But this is ultimately a good thing for everyone. Devs and Consumers alike. SO while Sony is egotstical and slow imo they're at least making the right decisions.

C'mon...give me Spider-Man!

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Ahh they realize hardware locked exclusives are not good enough. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

19 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Ahh they realize hardware locked exclusives are not good enough. 

More like the realized they were leaving money on the table.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Gran Turismo and TLoU to PC or GTFO.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

23 hours ago, birdjoy said:

Exclusivity is such BS...

Which is exactly I'll never buy a console just for that one or two games.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280