Quaility of ASRock

I'm wondering what is the general (not personal) consensus of ASRock as a motherboard make? I'm not talking about a specific model but a general perspective. 

Some points of thought: 

Quality, customer support, longevity. 

Thanks,

Frank

Well, there technical support consists of "Hey, what's the issue" (Insert Any Issue) "Ok, we will need to RMA it"

Basically they do not believe in general/any troubleshooting.

I like... the gold caps?

I don't have anything nice to say about the quality, broke a pci-e slot on one.

Well, there technical support consists of "Hey, what's the issue" (Insert Any Issue) "Ok, we will need to RMA it"

Sounds better than trying to force consumers in pointless troubleshooting steps.

Are you sure :) Because my experience with their support is good. After all they shipped to me new bios chips after failed updating.

I live in country which whole population is half of the people living in New York (lol) and they responded reasonably fast after I asked them for help.

Here is my letters and the package itself >

dm-1313674482852.png dm-5134859037012.png

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

ASRock seems to be a choice of anyone with budget constraints. The high end boards are good  but at those prices the other makers already have a motherboard with generally more features. So it comes down to preference and specific needs. I have built PCs for people(not gamers or enthusiasts) with ASRock in the past and have never got dead boards or problems with them but i have gotten the same with ASUS boards and they seem to be engineered better.  

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

From my experience they might not have the best features or software or OC that well, etc but they tend to just work. So for most people they are a good cheaper alternative

I Have had three ASRock  Motherboards, I Had no real problems with them, some coil wine, and a pcie slot resetting my sound card after every reboot, i would recommend ASRock if Someone had a very tight budget, but personally i would go for ASUS over ASRock

[THE TITAN]

CASECorsair C70 (BLACK+RED Leds) | CPU:  i7 3930k | CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i | MOTHERBOARDASUS Rampage IV Formula | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB | SSD: SAMSUNG 840PRO (512GB) | 

HDD: Western Digital Black (2TB)+(2TB) GPUGTX TITAN X2 IN SLI | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | SOUND CARD: Xonar Phoebus | MONITORS: ASUS PB278Q X3 IN NVIDIA Surround |

Thanks for all the feedback. It makes me feel quite a bit better. 

I'm facing a problem with a computer that has an ASRock MoBo. While I've not rulled out other possibilities, I'm leaning towards the problem being the mobo. I'll probably end up contacting AsRock tomorrow about this issue...

Linus's top 3 are Asus, Gigabyte and MSI. He said once if he had to name a top 4 then the 4th would be AsRock. So yeah AsRock is awesome, especially considering price/performance aspect.

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I suppose I should elaborate. I have a Asrock motherboard and it is working just fine. I was concerned that the bio chip would need to be replaced because of the info I was reading about online. I sent an email to there support to get some info about my motherboard and to see if they could send me out a new bios chip. All they sent me back was a copy and pasted email stating I need to RMA my motherboard..It seemed like they did not even take the time to read my email and at just give me proper technical support. That is why wasn't impressed. The mobo is great though.

I own two asrock mobo without any issue. One of mobo dead just because i broke it.

Asrock is a breakout company from Asus anyways, so I'm pretty sure they have to make their boards to compete with their previous owner. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

AsRock has pretty good motherboards nearing the higher tier range. (Asrock Z77 Pro4 onwards, i'm using a Extreme4-m with no problems)

Although to be honest, i'd stay away from their lower price motherboards. Grab a gigabyte board if you're on a budget

I worked quite a while in at a Hardware retailer, Asrock boards are not that great when it comes to reliability. They are a bit cheaper because of the components, and many boards are not really ATX, they cut the pcb a bit thiner.

I would never buy a Asrock board for myself because i hate it when stuff brakes, but the numbers are not that bad that i wouldn't recommend a Pro3/4 if you can't afford more.

I've read that they use lower quality components on their boards so if you're looking for a good overclocking board and something durable, I'd probably look elsewhere. Granted the only experience I have with their boards is an AM2+ 760G board that I used in my dad's build so take what I say with a grain of salt. I've had a positive experience with it thus far though. 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I would steer clear. I've got an Extreme4 and that board goes crazy when you overvolt your CPU. If CPU-Z reads 1.2, it'll actually take it up to like 1.25 or even 1.3. There's an entire thread about it on overclock.net

I have an ASrock board and it has never had any problems. I think that like others have said it is a good brand for beginners or people with a tight budget. 

Those boards are good , no problem at all, i have my friend that has an asrock z77 board ,, and he never had a problem with that board,, 
he has overclocked the i7-3770k at 4.5GHz,, no problem at all

damn it
i really want a x79 extreme9 board
the only thing that's holding me back is the amount of problems and complaints people have with them

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Both the builds I have made for myself and brother are running with an ASRock Mobo and they work perfectly. No problems so far, updated the bios to the latest version and running perfect.

extreme 4 z77 user love it, No problems.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Asrock boards, with the possible exception of the OC formula, have a voltage reading problem that results in a much higher vcore than what you set the VID to.

source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1360404/asrock-z77-extreme-4-vcore-reading

Here's what I know of their boards:

Z77:

The Extreme4 has terrible quality MOSFETs.

The Extreme6 has decent quality MOSFETs and it just an all around decent board.

The OC formula is an awesome board with great quality MOSFETs and a good PWM. Only a 6 phase PWM driver, but that's decent.

X79:

The Extreme11 has a lot of issues with the onboard RAID solution and the chipset fan is loud as hell.

The Extreme9 is pretty good.

I haven't had any problems with my Asrock z77e-itx board. I like the style of it too. 

The Orange Box - Bitfenix Prodigy (Orange) / Asrock Z77E-ITX / Intel i5 2400 3.1GHz / Corsair H90 / 8GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz / GTX 460 Super OC / Intel 60GB SSD / 1TB Seagate Barracuda / Seasonic G-Series 650W PSU

ASRock is a great company. They are very reliable and there support is good too. Some of there boards might have bad reviews but that's the same with all motherboard company's. So, far I've had 3 ASRock motherboards.