Quaility of ASRock

They wouldn't be among the top recommended boards on my list but they come a definite solid 4th behind ASUS Gigabyte and MSI in that order.

Their boards have pretty nice color scheme too.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Owned an Asrock mobo, a relatively cheap one.

It served me well and my friend bought it over, it's still working.

Now I have a Z77 Asrock mobo and it's still serving me well after all those..weeks?

Another friend also has an Asrock mobo and it's serving him well almost a year now.

So yeah, they're good in my book. :P

I'm wondering what is the general (not personal) consensus of ASRock as a motherboard make? I'm not talking about a specific model but a general perspective. 

Some points of thought: 

Quality, customer support, longevity. 

Thanks,

Frank

Bad.

I have an ASRock AM3+ 970. No problems with anything.

I run a FX 6100 with a little overlock.

No problems.

- Zalman Z11 Plus - ASRock Extreme3 970 AM3+ - FX 6100 @3.3GHz - 16GB Crucial Ballistix @1600MHz - Diamond Radeon HD 7850 2GB - Inland 600 Watt

-ADATA S510 SSD 120GB OS - 1TB WD Green for Storage - Westinghouse 26" TV (1920x1080) - Logitech K520 Mouse & Keyboard - Razer DeathAdder 2013 -

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. 

I built a computer with one - an ASRock 990FX extreme3. Unfortunately  I've had nothing but problems in the way of memory errors. First thought is obviously the memory is bad but two different brands at different speeds. It's just statistically unlikely.

Anyway, I've been working with their customer service to get an RMA. After 3 days, I finally have one... Unfortunately  while taking the system apart to mail the board, I somehow got thermal paste on the AM3+ socket. I no longer think they'll permit the exchange due to this mistake. Before mailing, however, I was up front and emailed them a picture asking if they'd allow it. I'm waiting to hear back.

I don't want to waste the postage if they'll just deny it upon receipt. I'd rather just use the money I'm already wasting on this RMA shipping process to buy a replacement board.

Understandably, I'm rather aggravated about this whole thing. The board should have worked from the get-go; I shouldn't have had to disassemble the computer for this. 

This situation happens but I wouldn't use ASRock again. 

The components seem of low quality  The board flexes a lot (which makes me very uncomfortable while working with it) and support has been very, very slow to respond. Their processes are also not ideal (all coordination is done through email). 

Are they the worst? No but the risk of damaging another component due to a failed motherboard is not worth the savings to me. 

I've owned an Asrock mobo for about a year now, and now signs of any problems. Not sure how well the support is, but from what I experienced their products are fine.

Apx 3am today, my Asrock Z77E6 BURNED and died. the chips and what not at the right most area of the top VRM assembly. :'(

I dont know why. passed all tests, no crash. all solid and low temps. im taking it to microcenter on tomorrow or friday. it was clocked at 4.4Ghz with offset of -0.025 LLC lvl 4. a midst this, Id say still, its Rock solid. (Im still devastated. its 4:33am atm) i would say Asrock is a good value brand. my temps never went beyond 75C. i just dont know why the vrm (or at least something under the vrm heat sink) went to flames. :/ prolly just a bad day. 

if anyone is connected with asrock, pls help me. i ask mercy. 

cant even sleep.

im out.

I love AsRock. They got great quality and great price. Considering they're a brand from ASUSTEK. 

I love AsRock. They got great quality and great price. Considering they're a brand from ASUSTEK. 

Used to be a subsidiary company but now they are independent.

I would steer clear. I've got an Extreme4 and that board goes crazy when you overvolt your CPU. If CPU-Z reads 1.2, it'll actually take it up to like 1.25 or even 1.3. There's an entire thread about it on overclock.net

I've heard that all the Arock boards with the IDL6367 PWM driver do that.