New Mini Mechanical Keyboard By FILCO

Shintoki_0169

spacer.png

Summary

DIATEC announces FILCO Majestouch MINILA-R Convertible and starts accepting pre-orders on 5/8/2020 10:00AM (Japan Time), will be on sale on 26/8/2020.

Quotes

• Bluetooth 5.1 / USB 2.0 Connection
  • New Generation "Patch Keycap"
  • Cherry MX Brown / Blue / Red / Silent Red / Black
  • Avaliable in US and JP array
  • DIP switch on back side

My thoughts

Looks interesting but still waiting for reviews. While a "normal version" would cost around $165 (USD), it costs no harms taking a look.

Although, yeah shorter "Space" button (could it be good sacrifice for "Fn" button?) is kinda con for me...About appearance, Camouflage model is my first to (if I can get one of course...), other are okay as well.

For anti-RGB lovers, this could be your option while this is compact model for sure.

Sources

https://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1267697.html (PC Watch)

https://www.diatec.co.jp/shop/MINILA-R/ (Official Website)

Edited by Shintoki_0169

doesn't look special to me. unless im missing something. 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

It's pretty. Not sure 3 digit price-tag worth of pretty, but pretty all the same

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Looks like a wannabe mid 2000s keyboard. Far too expensive for my taste but someone will probably like and buy it.

@Shintoki_0169 please review the Posting Guidelines for this section and update your topic accordingly.

The bare minimum is not enough as stated below...

Posting Guidelines:

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's pretty. Not sure 3 digit price-tag worth of pretty, but pretty all the same

you would think a smaller keyboard would be cheaper 

There are smaller keyboards than a 60%. This isn't "super mini", not unless it's... fuck, I dunno, a 40%? Or maybe even a Pain27?

IMO that looks like pain to type on. 

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

18 hours ago, Nowak said:

There are smaller keyboards than a 60%. This isn't "super mini", not unless it's... fuck, I dunno, a 40%? Or maybe even a Pain27?

Spoiler

photo_2020-01-24_18-59-23.thumb.jpg.0fcb316b9daa5e1e948595c0754546b9.jpgphoto_2020-01-24_18-58-23.thumb.jpg.6a9e3d2342e2c8abc46c12624cd43f66.jpgphoto_2020-03-26_20-22-52.thumb.jpg.76d94a71e5092f9dcc0dc64cd1f791c3.jpg

Hmm bit odd that space, maybe wouldn't bother me, still not fan of these over TKL though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, elitekills999 said:

What a trash product, why would anyone ever try to advertise it unless this is literally an advertisement. Checks OP profile and it was created 22 hours ago hmm

Why is it a trash product? How are they advertising it? And why are you basing it off OPs creation date?

I still have my Filco Majestouch 2 from years ago I bought used for 125 bucks. Still going strong and never had an issue. :) Cool to see them release a new product. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 7/29/2020 at 6:46 PM, spartaman64 said:

you would think a smaller keyboard would be cheaper 

Especially if it’s not a custom one 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Based on the layout, I think this is intended for the Japanese market. That's pretty interesting, you don't see many boards below 75% with non-ANSI layouts.

9 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Based on the layout, I think this is intended for the Japanese market. That's pretty interesting, you don't see many boards below 75% with non-ANSI layouts.

Well, most of Europe is ISO as well so that will be interesting to see, as you're right that most sub-75% are usually just ANSI.

It's a clean keyboard and having ISO and ANSI options is neat overall; different color options too. I've typically been averse to sub-75% because I'm not totally interested in designing/learning a function layer but it seems decently thought out from a quick look.

1 minute ago, divito said:

Well, most of Europe is ISO as well but it'll at least start in Japan. And you're right that most sub-75% are typically ANSI, so it will be interesting to see how this goes once it's released.

Japan's layout uses the ISO Enter but has a 1u backspace, a 3u(?) spacebar, 2.25u left shift with a 1.75u right shift, and additional bottom row keys to facilitate typing in Japanese. ANSI has 104 keys, ISO has 105 keys, JIS has 109 keys. So seeing that reduced down to a 60% form factor is rather interesting.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/ANSI_vs_JIS

12 hours ago, That Franc said:
  Reveal hidden contents

photo_2020-01-24_18-59-23.thumb.jpg.0fcb316b9daa5e1e948595c0754546b9.jpgphoto_2020-01-24_18-58-23.thumb.jpg.6a9e3d2342e2c8abc46c12624cd43f66.jpgphoto_2020-03-26_20-22-52.thumb.jpg.76d94a71e5092f9dcc0dc64cd1f791c3.jpg

40% is workable, then there's what I assume is an Osu! board, then that's just an enter key. This though, this is a Pain 27.

Spoiler

509qi43cv8q41.jpg

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 6:47 PM, TheRandomness said:

40% is workable, then there's what I assume is an Osu! board, then that's just an enter key. This though, this is a Pain 27.

Reveal hidden contents

509qi43cv8q41.jpg

TallmanLabs, TMLabs: Hack: Reverse engineer and re purpose an old Keyboard "The Matrix Reloaded"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Peterwoo802 said:

Shorter spacebars are killer for me 

It's for the Japanese market, so a longer spacebar isn't necessary.

is there anything special about this keyboard that makes it different than any other keyboard? i don't quite get why it's "news".

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I hate this absolutely dumb obsession with mechanical keyboards everyone has. Someone made it a trend and now 99% of keyboards are these stupid absurdly noisy garbage keyboards with skyscraper tall keys like we're back in the 1980's. :rolleyes: I honestly don't understand what's the appeal for keyboard to click so absurdly loud and because keys are so stupid tall they are ALL wonky like they are drunk and positioned on top of a pin head. And yes, I know only blue keys click so much, but it's the keys almost everyone uses. As for wonkyness, I've tried both, MX and Romer and they are all wonky. Reds feel mushy and with definition and presence of a sloth. Like there was something so wrong with membrane keyboards. Good ones like Cherry Stream have low profile keys, excellent click definition and feedback and freaking keys that are actually stable and not all wonky and cheap feeling because of it. Wonky keys were a thing on cheap membrane keyboards and now everyone wants them with crap mechanical keyboards. Yes, I'm old and grumpy now. And mechanical keyboards suck ass.

39 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I hate this absolutely dumb obsession with mechanical keyboards everyone has. Someone made it a trend and now 99% of keyboards are these stupid absurdly noisy garbage keyboards with skyscraper tall keys like we're back in the 1980's. :rolleyes: I honestly don't understand what's the appeal for keyboard to click so absurdly loud and because keys are so stupid tall they are ALL wonky like they are drunk and positioned on top of a pin head. And yes, I know only blue keys click so much, but it's the keys almost everyone uses. As for wonkyness, I've tried both, MX and Romer and they are all wonky. Reds feel mushy and with definition and presence of a sloth. Like there was something so wrong with membrane keyboards. Good ones like Cherry Stream have low profile keys, excellent click definition and feedback and freaking keys that are actually stable and not all wonky and cheap feeling because of it. Wonky keys were a thing on cheap membrane keyboards and now everyone wants them with crap mechanical keyboards. Yes, I'm old and grumpy now. And mechanical keyboards suck ass.

You must have never used a custom board with lubed and filmed switches. Go build a custom board with your choice of switch see if it changes your opinion. There is legitimately no risk either as you can just sell the board for a profit if you don't like it.