HTC One M8 Leaked COMPLETELY

Dylan522p

I wonder how the camera will perform.That's one of the only bigger upgrades over the One.

It seems I'm going with the Z2. :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The M8 has definitely some major improvements from its predecessor, like the SD card expand ability on the M8. The M8 also looks better in my opinion. if the M8 would have come out when my contract ended then i would have went with the M8. To bad they did not make  the battery user replaceable like the S4. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

The speakers on the new HTC ONE m8 seem to sound like garbage by comparison. Is there no Beats audio?  And what's with the different size of speaker grills at top at and bottom, it looks rather retarded doesn't it? Could you imagine seeing a pair of speakers for sale, where one is way taller than the other?

The speakers on the new HTC ONE m8 seem to sound like garbage by comparison. Is there no Beats audio?  And what's with the different size of speaker grills at top at and bottom, it looks rather retarded doesn't it? Could you imagine seeing a pair of speakers for sale, where one is way taller than the other?

beats audio was just an eq really and i'm not a fan of the bottom bezels of this phone either. Not to keen on the rounded design

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

beats audio was just an eq really and i'm not a fan of the bottom bezels of this phone either. Not to keen on the rounded design

Yea I agree with you about the rounded design. I Absolutely loved the more boxy design of the SG 1 and SG 2, but the designs of the phones afterwards just feel weird and not as comfortable. 

Main Rig

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K @ Stock]**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i] **Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard]

**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory] **Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]

**Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM] **Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE]

**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro] **Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+]

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DnKZxr |

Poor kid. This mistake could potentially ruin his life. 

Agreed.

Awesome. :D

Do you mean DDoSing? If not, then I have no idea what Doxxing is :P

It's a phone. I don't know how a phone could ruin anyones life. 

It's a phone. I don't know how a phone could ruin anyones life. 

A person with a record of violating NDA's will have a difficult chance of attaining another job in the  Technology industry or related fields.

Its a huge taboo in the industry and looked down upon in general. 

Main Rig

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K @ Stock]**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i] **Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard]

**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory] **Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]

**Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM] **Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE]

**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro] **Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+]

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

How'd this kid even get a hold of one? I'm part of HTC Elevate (The VIP club) and no one over there has been sent a 'Device Trial' email yet, nor any information relating to the device.

EDIT: Christ, this kids voice makes him sound mentally retarded.

His thumbs look retarded. LMFAO!!! :D

Beats may have been just eq, but it did make most things sound better on the phone than it did on other phones. (That and the fact it had 2 speakers) Now it's gone? When he played that little clip it sounded really bad on the m8.

i just want to know how did he get his hands on it............

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Beats may have been just eq, but it did make most things sound better on the phone than it did on other phones. (That and the fact it had 2 speakers) Now it's gone? When he played that little clip it sounded really bad on the m8.

You can get a third party EQ if you want, and they will be far more customizable. It has the "beats by Dr dre" sticker at the bottom in the video so I think it's still there. You can also see that it still has two front facing speakers in the video.

To everyone saying the speakers sound bad: Are you kidding me? You can't judge the sound quality of speakers from a video. The recording device distorts the sound, and the thing you use to play the audio back with distorts it. It's the same deal as with screens. You can't judge a screen by looking at a picture of it. You have to experience it in real life to make a proper judgement. The kid doesn't seem to know what he is doing, so maybe he only had it enabled on the M7 and not the M8, or maybe it's not implemented in the software version he is using.

First impressions judging by the video:

I am a bit worried about the size. It looks quite a bit bigger than the HTC One, which was already a pretty big phone (especially if you take into consideration the screen size).

It's nice to see that they still got two front facing speakers.

Huge thumbs up for on screen buttons.

I dislike Sense but you will hopefully be able to flash another ROM to it without losing too much functionality.

Huge plus for microSD. Thanks HTC! I love that.

I don't like that the power button is on the top. With phones this big you really should have it on the side or on the back. I don't understand why HTC have such a hard time understanding this.

Headphone jack on the bottom is good. You put your phone into your pocket upside down so it makes sense to have it on the bottom like that.

I am very interested in that extra camera. It's nice to see dual flash as well.

I am disappointed that he didn't show us more specs. For example what SoC it has. He didn't even show what resolution it has. So there is still a ton of info I want to know before making my mind up about it.

I can't believe he used the camera preview to show how good the camera is. That's NOT how you demonstrate how good a camera is.

It's hilarious how he shows his messages and serial numbers, and then try to cover them up. Doesn't he realize that it is a video... People can pause and even rewind if they want to.

His speed comparison when opening YouTube is invalid. He was copying files on the M8, he didn't clear cache and it's pre-release software. I am not too worried about it.

Share this video

Don't worry kid, I will share this video with as many people as possible ;)

Why are phone manufacturers so obsessed with putting their logo onto the front? Why?

Is it for recognition reasons?

144Hz goodness

Jeff was not kidding about having all of the information. 

post-58989-0-26094700-1393850842_thumb.p

post-58989-0-50421400-1393850924_thumb.p

Main Rig

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

the reviews for ltt should be as well shot and put together as this video. You would have so many more subscribers. Off that video I am glad I didn't wait for it to come out...its less impressive than the s5 and that is saying something.

Jeff was not kidding about having all of the information. 

This is going to end bad...

144Hz goodness

Now I'm less interested in the phone and more interested in this drama unfolding. I assume this Jeff character is from HTC? Did his parents really get fired?

Now I'm less interested in the phone and more interested in this drama unfolding. I assume this Jeff character is from HTC? Did his parents really get fired?

According to his twitter, he is "Senior Global Online Communications Manager at HTC Corp"

And that kid posted on Twitter that his parents were fired, but I don't know wether or not it's true. I don't see why he would say that (he's definitely not a troll, despite saying that he never posted that video and that the phone was fake) if it wasn't true, but who knows.

HTC no longer owns Beats Audio because they cut their partnership up so now they don't have an Beats Audio EQ anymore so there is no more tuning or anything done to the speakers with software

$$金Trill金$$

My god this kid is seriously screwed.... I feel bad for his parents.... 

Jeff Gordon even contacted him... *facepalm*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

atleast he could've been smart enough to cover that damn sticker xD and change his voice and not tape it in his room 

If he knew it wasn't out yet, then he also probably new he get attention of he did this. But he probably didn't think this through and got the wrong attention.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if this is something HTC could have done them selves. For me it seems that all kinds of leaks are make phones more interesting. And in the end attention and publicity around a phone is good. Or at least that's what it has looked like from iPhone leaks and other leaks. This most be something that HTC has done to hype the phone. Some kid couldn't be that stupid that he actually records an "review" of a not yet released developers phone, it just can't be true.