HTC One M8 Leaked COMPLETELY

Dylan522p

I for one am not sorry for the guy, he obviously did it for a slice of the attention the M8 is recieving, and obviously did it so he could kickstart his own youtube channel so he'd make money off of it in the long run.

On top of it all he isn't handling it like he should IMHO, he should say it like it is, apologize to HTC, tell them he is young and that he didn't know what he was doing and then let HTC decide wether they're gonna press charges. That way the move would be on HTC to leave him alone/prosecuting him thus showing what kind of a company they are.

Tke kid obviously did uncover industrial secrets to the public which is a criminal offense in any legal system, and he did it for personal gain, whether fame or money, which is confirmed by his obvious lies in the video like "I'm sponsored".

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

maybe a stupid question, but lets say his parents aren't working for HTC, or that he's 18 or more and he himself is the only one responsible for his acts

what can HTC do to him? it's not like he had NDA with HTC and broke it

why can't a random person reveal some secret, it's maybe morally wrong, but what's wrong with it in legal terms, especially if you don't have any contract or agreement with particular company/person w/e?

Tke kid obviously did uncover industrial secrets to the public which is a criminal offense in any legal system, and he did it for personal gain, whether fame or money, which is confirmed by his obvious lies in the video like "I'm sponsored".

there really is some law that prevents me from telling someone's secret if i don't have an agreement made with it/her/him? (and let's say it's not for personal gain)

wouldn't that directly violate my freedom of speech?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

there really is some law that prevents me from telling someone's secret if i don't have an agreement made with it/her/him? (and let's say it's not for personal gain)

wouldn't that directly violate my freedom of speech?

Of course there is, industrial secrets are protected of course.

It wouldn't violate your freedom of speech of course, because it does not befall under the domain of freedom of speech, as you shouldn't even know any of the secrets from that company, thus implying you got them illegaly (because they didn't release those secrets to the public). It befalls under industrial espionage, do you think industrial espionage is legal?

You could then make the same argument that if USA is witholding information from Russia, russia has the right to spy on USA and then tell USA's secrets to the public. - It's not really the same but it's an oversimplified version.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

i didn't had espionage in mind :D

i had something like what happened with apple, when, correct me if i'm wrong, someone forgot the phone in a bar and was later taken?

but that would at max mean stealing?

and lets say he got it from parents and he's 18 or older, so his parents aren't responsible for his acts, what can htc do to him?

it would be htcs employees fault (in this case his parents maybe)

if you look at this like the phone was presented to him by someone and he reviewed it, would you still consider that as espionage?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

i didn't had espionage in mind :D

i had something like what happened with apple, when, correct me if i'm wrong, someone forgot the phone in a bar and was later taken?

but that would at max mean stealing?

and lets say he got it from parents and he's 18 or older, so his parents aren't responsible for his acts, what can htc do to him?

it would be htcs employees fault (in this case his parents maybe)

if you look at this like the phone was presented to him by someone and he reviewed it, would you still consider that as espionage?

Ok, let's follow your argument then: suppose he got it from his parents, they would have to work from htc or get it in a illegal way (because there's no other legal way of obtaining the device), in that case they would be held criminally responsible. which would still mean the kid is screwed wouldn't it?

As far as the iphone thing goes, that's another legal issue and cannot be put under disclosure of industrial secrets because the iphone guy claimed he "found" it, like many people "find" unreleased devices, this kid didn't claim that at all, he said he was "sponsored" - thus implying he got it from HTC (who else has the developer version device anyway?). 

Kid that will never ever get a review sample of anything, and his parents that will never work at any phone manufacturer, i just hope it affects the boy the most and the parents are more in the clear.

I would be so mad that i do not even know what i would do if it was my kid.

what a retard.

Sweet, Dunno if I should upgrade though.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

kid needs to learn a lot. like he decided to come home from school and wing it and make a video.

But it looks nice.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I don't think it's going to have beats this time, so you'll have to get some eq program to make it sound as good.  What really bugs me, perhaps I am just OCD, is the top speaker grill, it's smaller than the bottom one, like squished into place or something .. it drives me nuts. Both speakers/speaker grills should be the same size!

Beats wasn't what made the HTC One sound great at all. It was the fact that it had 2 great speakers on the front and was stereo. And you don't necessarily need to get an EQ app to make it sound good either. HTC can just adjust the default EQ to what they believe most people will like. They made the default EQ on the One sound worse than the Beats EQ on purpose to help convince people that Beats was necessary when it really isn't at all. I definitely agree with you about the speaker grills though.

New day, new images, this time I found them on my go-to site for phone info: http://www.gsmarena.com/the_all_new_htc_one_appears_in_a_lengthy_photo_session-news-7992.php

Holy hell, too many phones coming out.... my mind is going to explode with my problem of picking one. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Oh my god poor kid and his family! But I cannot understand why he did it! What was the purpose of this? I am trying to be in his mindset when he did the video and uploaded it.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

Did anyone ever find out concretely what happened to him?

I7-4770k 4.7Ghz 1.35v | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16GB Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz | 2x GTX Titan SLI

Custom Water Loop | Corsair AXi 1200w | Intel 530 series 240GB SSD | 1TB WD Black

Corsair Obsidian 900D | Sennheiser 558 | Ducky Shine Zero Cherry MX Brown w/ Orange Backlight | Func MS-3 | Dell U2141H x3

Did anyone ever find out concretely what happened to him?

Apparently his parents got fired or something.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x