HTC One M8 Leaked COMPLETELY

Dylan522p

The HTC logo in the front keeps me from getting it.

Okay well number 1: This isn't fake. There is no way this guy (kid) managed to make a mold of the M8, and then get a M8 skin for the OS to.

Number 2: He's probably fucked. If his parents work at HTC, they're gonna get some beef from HTC and then probably let it out on him

Number 3 (the conspiracy): HTC let this kid have the phone and "leak" it just like what Google did, just to hype us up.

I'm just saying, Obama has a phone too ;)

Kid is from Schaumburg, IL. He's definitely using his parents phone.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Kid is from Schaumburg, IL. He's definitely using his parents phone.

Do you suspect they work for a carrier or developer? Didn't know anything about this city until I checked the wiki.

Top employers in 2012 in Schaumburg, IL:

1 Motorola 7,000

2 Woodfield Mall 3,200

3 Zurich Insurance Group 2,300

4 Community Consolidated School District 54 1,933

5 IBM 950

6 Genworth Financial 850

7 Comcast 725

8 Verizon Wireless 625

9 Nation Pizza Products 510

10 Village of Schaumburg 507

You can get a third party EQ if you want, and they will be far more customizable. It has the "beats by Dr dre" sticker at the bottom in the video so I think it's still there. You can also see that it still has two front facing speakers in the video.

To everyone saying the speakers sound bad: Are you kidding me? You can't judge the sound quality of speakers from a video. The recording device distorts the sound, and the thing you use to play the audio back with distorts it. It's the same deal as with screens. You can't judge a screen by looking at a picture of it. You have to experience it in real life to make a proper judgement. The kid doesn't seem to know what he is doing, so maybe he only had it enabled on the M7 and not the M8, or maybe it's not implemented in the software version he is using.

First impressions judging by the video:

I am a bit worried about the size. It looks quite a bit bigger than the HTC One, which was already a pretty big phone (especially if you take into consideration the screen size).

It's nice to see that they still got two front facing speakers.

Huge thumbs up for on screen buttons.

I dislike Sense but you will hopefully be able to flash another ROM to it without losing too much functionality.

Huge plus for microSD. Thanks HTC! I love that.

I don't like that the power button is on the top. With phones this big you really should have it on the side or on the back. I don't understand why HTC have such a hard time understanding this.

Headphone jack on the bottom is good. You put your phone into your pocket upside down so it makes sense to have it on the bottom like that.

I am very interested in that extra camera. It's nice to see dual flash as well.

I am disappointed that he didn't show us more specs. For example what SoC it has. He didn't even show what resolution it has. So there is still a ton of info I want to know before making my mind up about it.

I can't believe he used the camera preview to show how good the camera is. That's NOT how you demonstrate how good a camera is.

It's hilarious how he shows his messages and serial numbers, and then try to cover them up. Doesn't he realize that it is a video... People can pause and even rewind if they want to.

His speed comparison when opening YouTube is invalid. He was copying files on the M8, he didn't clear cache and it's pre-release software. I am not too worried about it.

Don't worry kid, I will share this video with as many people as possible ;)

The kid himself said the new phone didn't sound as good, most people arn't going to get a third party eq editor and have the time to play around with it, and although I agree with you you can't tell the overall quality over a video, it was clear the m8 sounded worse than the original HTC ONE. And yes, is still has two speakers, but the speaker top grill is now smaller than the other bottom one and it looks stupid.

Let's hope that like you said, the kid just didn't have beats turned on on the m8, or it's not implemented in the software he was using.

Do you suspect they work for a carrier or developer? Didn't know anything about this city until I checked the wiki.

Top employers in 2012 in Schaumburg, IL:

1 Motorola 7,000

2 Woodfield Mall 3,200

3 Zurich Insurance Group 2,300

4 Community Consolidated School District 54 1,933

5 IBM 950

6 Genworth Financial 850

7 Comcast 725

8 Verizon Wireless 625

9 Nation Pizza Products 510

10 Village of Schaumburg 507

Eh, just because he lives in Schaumburg (the GPS in the video says he is there), doesn't mean his family works there. Could be a commuter, stay at home dev, etc.

If I had to pick, it would be Verizon. No other of those companies make sense.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Eh, just because he lives in Schaumburg (the GPS in the video says he is there), doesn't mean his family works there. Could be a commuter, stay at home dev, etc.

If I had to pick, it would be Verizon. No other of those companies make sense.

He's a 15 year old kid who's XDA account is comprised of a few questions on Rooting and Romming.

I really feel bad for the kid. He is so screwed....

Im such a softie, but that message from the HTC guy really hit home how screwed he is. Come on, HTC. I know this is a big deal, but go easy on the kid.,

Don't wanna see a this story turn into some suicide crap. He is young enough to panic. Its not like he did it for financial gain.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

If it really is the parents Phone and that the Parents work at HTC then Im rather worried for this Kids parents. This Kid did something wrong and His parents shouldn't be the one taking the hit much less losing their whole job for it.

Beats may have been just eq, but it did make most things sound better on the phone than it did on other phones. (That and the fact it had 2 speakers) Now it's gone? When he played that little clip it sounded really bad on the m8.

it still has the 2 speakers? I'm sure the final version of the phones speakers will be as good as the one if not better. That was a major selling point, i doubt they will stuff it up

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

i love how his username is Fakehtcm8

Just made me LOL a little

Computer Eqiupment:

lmao, look at the account name of the kid who uploaded the video.

The Syndicate

Why do I get the feeling that some people here are almost happy that the kid is going to be screwed? I don't know how old he is but I think he is somewhere between 14-18 years old. I'm quite sure he didn't realize the implications of releasing secret information about the HTC phone. So I think he shouldn't be punished too hard unless he were fully aware what he was doing. Ruining the young kid's future is going too far in my opinion.

However the phone looks somewhat interesting. Obviously we have to wait the final product before any kind of verdicts can be made. Some people here seem to have an opinion even though the phone is not even released yet. :rolleyes:

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

@Ramzez

I agree that he doesn't deserve all the hate and that we shouldn't be happy that he is, most likely, screwed. However, looking at the way he behaves on his Twitter account, I see him more like an idiot than a victim. One day after all that drama, he's posting crap on Twitter (what is the best phone of 2014?) and acting like nothing happened.

If I was him, I would literally be shitting my pants. But instead of being active on social medias, and posting bullshit like "the video was on my computer and someone else uploaded it" and "it's fake", I'd be laying low for quite a while. His attitude make it seems like he's not realizing the gravity of what he has done, and the implications it has for the company and his own family.

I don't want his future to be ruined, but at the same time, he's not acting like he cares about what happened.

However, looking at the way he behaves on his Twitter account, I see him more like an idiot than a victim.

Maybe he is a victim of his own idiocy?

@Ramzez

I agree that he doesn't deserve all the hate and that we shouldn't be happy that he is, most likely, screwed. However, looking at the way he behaves on his Twitter account, I see him more like an idiot than a victim. One day after all that drama, he's posting crap on Twitter (what is the best phone of 2014?) and acting like nothing happened.

If I was him, I would literally be shitting my pants. But instead of being active on social medias, and posting bullshit like "the video was on my computer and someone else uploaded it" and "it's fake", I'd be laying low for quite a while. His attitude make it seems like he's not realizing the gravity of what he has done, and the implications it has for the company and his own family.

I don't want his future to be ruined, but at the same time, he's not acting like he cares about what happened.

You might be right. However I think he's trying desperately to fix the mess he's already created but with poor results. He doesn't realize that he's actions are making it worse not better. This is what usually happens when somebody screws up massively and instead of admitting the mistake, they try to justify their actions.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

it still has the 2 speakers? I'm sure the final version of the phones speakers will be as good as the one if not better. That was a major selling point, i doubt they will stuff it up

I don't think it's going to have beats this time, so you'll have to get some eq program to make it sound as good.  What really bugs me, perhaps I am just OCD, is the top speaker grill, it's smaller than the bottom one, like squished into place or something .. it drives me nuts. Both speakers/speaker grills should be the same size!

It amazes me how this guy is worried about copyright infringement from the song and video but doesn't care AT ALL about what htc will do

I sometimes use the pen from my wacom tablet to type cuz i'm too lazy to set it down :P

I don't think it's going to have beats this time, so you'll have to get some eq program to make it sound as good.  What really bugs me, perhaps I am just OCD, is the top speaker grill, it's smaller than the bottom one, like squished into place or something .. it drives me nuts. Both speakers/speaker grills should be the same size!

urgh that would drive me insane, the different sizes 

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

It amazes me how this guy is worried about copyright infringement from the song and video but doesn't care AT ALL about what htc will do

well originally he was going to upload it when it released from what people said

well originally he was going to upload it when it released from what people said

Incorrect. First he said that the phone was fake. Then he deleted those tweets and told the second uploader that the video wasn't suppose to be uploaded, that his friend uploaded them. Then the lie unraveled when he said "I don't have a YouTube channel yet" when his channel is linked on his twitter profile. He's just trying to cover his ass.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Incorrect. First he said that the phone was fake. Then he deleted those tweets and told the second uploader that the video wasn't suppose to be uploaded, that his friend uploaded them. Then the lie unraveled when he said "I don't have a YouTube channel yet" when his channel is linked on his twitter profile. He's just trying to cover his ass.

O_O what an idiot then ahaha

O_O what an idiot then ahaha

lol uh yeup 

post-58989-0-67486400-1394088335_thumb.p

Main Rig

**CPU** | [Intel Core i7-4790K @ Stock]**CPU Cooler** | [Corsair H100i] **Motherboard** | [ASRock Z97 EXTREME6 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard]

**Memory** | [G.Skill Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory] **Storage** | [Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive]

**Storage** | [Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM] **Video Card** | [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE]

**Case** | [Phanteks Enthoo Pro] **Power Supply** | [EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+]

Main Rig PC Partpicker  

| https://pcpartpicker.com/b/DnKZxr |