Intel Chief Engineering Officer to resign on Aug 3

bigman949

----------------------------------------------

Summary

Venkata “Murthy” Renduchintala, Chief Engineering officer and group president of its technology, systems architecture and client group, will resign on August 3

Quotes

Intel said Monday that Venkata “Murthy” Renduchintala, the chipmaker’s chief engineering officer and group president of its technology, systems architecture and client group, will resign on August 3. 

The announcement shows Intel is reconsidering various aspects of its operations as it deals with ongoing manufacturing difficulties, including to release next-generation processors. In its Q2 earnings report on Thursday, Intel said it was behind schedule in coming out with chips that use a 7-nanometer architecture, while competitor AMD already offers chips with transistors that small. CEO Bob Swan said Intel is evaluating whether it would make sense to start using other companies’ chip foundries, rather than relying purely on its own. 

My thoughts

It think this is the beginning of more shake-ups and resignations. I personally think this resignation is the result of some internal argument where the CEO wants to go a different direction that Renduchintala doesn't want to, and so he is going to get out while he can. While it could be a "forced" resignation, I just don't see Intel giving up such high level talent like that especially when he is in charge of design and tech, not sales and product strategy, and losing him will hurt 7nm deployment. I don't think this will be the last high level resignation, and its going to continue to hurt Intel into the future.

Sources

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/27/intel-engineering-executive-murthy-renduchintala-will-leave-company.html

Only took them 7 years and loss of $50 billion in a day. EDIT: I should clarify that intel has long stopped being innovative or competitive, change was LONG over due.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I find it odd that companies seemingly cut into their own talent pool when people need to be cut, rather than marketing/advertising.

Why not cut into the people whose job is nothing more than an expense with little tangible value, rather than the people who actually design and make the products you sell?

Admittedly, this comment comes more from a focus on the gaming industry rather than chip makers, but still.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

44 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I find it odd that companies seemingly cut into their own talent pool when people need to be cut, rather than marketing/advertising.

Why not cut into the people whose job is nothing more than an expense with little tangible value, rather than the people who actually design and make the products you sell?

Admittedly, this comment comes more from a focus on the gaming industry rather than chip makers, but still.

lol.

Value is created, or should be created, in all areas of the business. Marketing and sales are as equally important to the overall picture as solid design and manufacturing. Additionally, each role requires different skills sets with little transferable skills.

When times are tough, you don't stop telling people about your product. In fact you probably need to spend more. Sure, you may spend less on traditional advertising such as "Buy this, buy that" but you're still spending on PR, Events, Promotional activities, etc.

Every business will respond to a downturn differently, but from experience I've found that the best path of action is as a team to identify which projects are going to generate the most net present value from their associated activities, or are critical projects for business continuation. You then rank them and either do, delay, or halt them. You can then restructure the business to support the resource requirements appropriately. 

While Renduchintala may indeed be talented, he is ultimately responsible for the continued missed deadlines and delays in the manufacturing process hence the resignation. 

My feelings on the subject as an outsider is that Intel as a whole could probably use a refresh. They don't seem to be innovating in a cohesive manner, and they're certainly not communicating their pathway well. 

15 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

lol.

Value is created, or should be created, in all areas of the business. Marketing and sales are as equally important to the overall picture as solid design and manufacturing. Additionally, each role requires different skills sets with little transferable skills.

When times are tough, you don't stop telling people about your product. In fact you probably need to spend more. Sure, you may spend less on traditional advertising such as "Buy this, buy that" but you're still spending on PR, Events, Promotional activities, etc.

Every business will respond to a downturn differently, but from experience I've found that the best path of action is as a team to identify which projects are going to generate the most net present value from their associated activities, or are critical projects for business continuation. You then rank them and either do, delay, or halt them. You can then restructure the business to support the resource requirements appropriately. 

While Renduchintala may indeed be talented, he is ultimately responsible for the continued missed deadlines and delays in the manufacturing process hence the resignation. 

My feelings on the subject as an outsider is that Intel as a whole could probably use a refresh. They don't seem to be innovating in a cohesive manner, and they're certainly not communicating their pathway well. 

Interesting insight, to say the least. My experience is from the other end. In my current job, I'm the guy that actually gets shit done. Our sales team is pretty much entirely hated by everyone else on staff (managers included) because they constantly take jobs and set deadlines, without ANY form of consultation of the people who actually get shit done. Stuff ends up double booked, and they look at us like the problem rather than the sales/marketing staff for not scheduling or even bothering to check whether or not a job was feasible within a set amount of time.

Somehow we always make it work. Mainly through blood, sweat, and tears (at times), but still. The sales/marketing people are treated like gods, then when we pull off their ridiculous timelines, we get a "thank you" and that's about it.

Kind of infuriating. I know if I ever run a business I won't be kind to marketing/sales staff. At the least, if they behave the way ours do.

Edit: I am somewhat venting because one of our sales staff just signed us up for a job that we have absolutely no time, staff, space, or resources for. And yet upper management is expecting it to go off without a hitch. Even my own boss is verging on quitting because of the stress involved.

14 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I am somewhat venting because one of our sales staff just signed us up for a job that we have absolutely no time, staff, space, or resources for. And yet upper management is expecting it to go off without a hitch. Even my own boss is verging on quitting because of the stress involved.

Nothing gets the message home like the resignation of an entire engineering team 😉.

15 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Interesting insight, to say the least. My experience is from the other end. In my current job, I'm the guy that actually gets shit done. Our sales team is pretty much entirely hated by everyone else on staff (managers included) because they constantly take jobs and set deadlines, without ANY form of consultation of the people who actually get shit done. Stuff ends up double booked, and they look at us like the problem rather than the sales/marketing staff for not scheduling or even bothering to check whether or not a job was feasible within a set amount of time.

Somehow we always make it work. Mainly through blood, sweat, and tears (at times), but still. The sales/marketing people are treated like gods, then when we pull off their ridiculous timelines, we get a "thank you" and that's about it.

Kind of infuriating. I know if I ever run a business I won't be kind to marketing/sales staff. At the least, if they behave the way ours do.

Edit: I am somewhat venting because one of our sales staff just signed us up for a job that we have absolutely no time, staff, space, or resources for. And yet upper management is expecting it to go off without a hitch. Even my own boss is verging on quitting because of the stress involved.

Sounds like a problem with management at the very top. Having worked somwhere where management kept undercutting us as well i totally get the frustration there. Although to be fair in the case of where i worked everyone kind of didn't have a choice, if they didn't try to get us to do too much with to little we'd never have made any money, the business was fundamentally impossible to do right and be profitable because of local market conditions.

The announcement shows Intel is reconsidering various aspects of its operations as it deals with ongoing manufacturing difficulties

How does someone resigning show anything about the company?  Does this journalist know the inside details or is he just speculating.  For all we know Intel might be capitalizing on his resignation to regroup manufacturing as they tackle the problem of over demand.    Fricking media always making shit up to sell an article.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

To wildly speculate:

I would liken possibly this to how people football teams flush their head coach when they’ve had a losing season.  The failure is in the inability of the manufacturing section to produce a good product.  So he goes.  Shareholders that just lost a big chunk of money want to see action.  So an action is taken.  Whether this person was the source of the problem or not I don’t know.  20 years after it happened the story of the problems American manufacturers had with cars has changed drastically.  In the 70’s it was how Japanese workers were abused by their employers.  Now it’s come out that the real problem was not that at all.  It was that Japanese industry had come out with better manufacturing systems and the executives had not done their jobs and upgraded.  When it all finally hit the fan, and the changes started to be felt in the marketplace, Japan had a ten year march on US factory equipment.  It never had anything to do with Japanese workers.  It had to do with executives not doing their jobs correctly for ten years.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

How does someone resigning show anything about the company?  Does this journalist know the inside details or is he just speculating.  For all we know Intel might be capitalizing on his resignation to regroup manufacturing as they tackle the problem of over demand.    Fricking media always making shit up to sell an article.

I admit i wondered where that claim in the article came from.

4 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

Nothing gets the message home like the resignation of an entire engineering team 😉.

Oh it has been discussed, at length. No one wants to go that route. 

3 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Sounds like a problem with management at the very top. Having worked somwhere where management kept undercutting us as well i totally get the frustration there. Although to be fair in the case of where i worked everyone kind of didn't have a choice, if they didn't try to get us to do too much with to little we'd never have made any money, the business was fundamentally impossible to do right and be profitable because of local market conditions.

The issue here is mainly that upper management only gives a damn about sales, and nothing else. Then when things go wrong, they blame (lets say "implementation") for the issues. Rather than the sales who didn't bother checking to schedule things reasonably.

Thus far, upper management (corporate) absolutely does not care about anything beyond sales. Even during this covid crisis, my division is the ONLY thing in the entire corporation still bringing money in (and pre-covid we were the smallest division) and they wanted to cut the hours on everyone.

I sometimes wonder how people with basic common sense, haven't absolutely destroyed people who have "better" credentials when it comes to business. Because AFAIK people with business degrees are completely back-asswards and upside down in their way of thinking.

7 minutes ago, Clueless_Gamer said:

This is so relevant to Intel Today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VBqTViEx4

I think you could apply that to just about any company today and it rings true.  Nature of the beast I am afraid. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, thorhammerz said:

The message gets double the effectiveness if you start working for AMD after that :P

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

The message gets double the effectiveness if you start working for AMD after that :P

honestly, AMD would be stupid if they're not licking there chops right now and packaging up a sweet offer for him once he is on the market. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

6 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

honestly, AMD would be stupid if they're not licking there chops right now and packaging up a sweet offer for him once he is on the market. 

You mean AMD should try to cosy up to people who have left them for more money at Intel like Raja Koduri, or cosy up to the guy who extensively either lied or at the very least misrepresented the status of 7nm processes to his superiors?

7 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

You mean AMD should try to cosy up to people who have left them for more money at Intel like Raja Koduri, or cosy up to the guy who extensively either lied or at the very least misrepresented the status of 7nm processes to his superiors?

No, they should get him and his intelligence. The value in him is intel trade secrets, not his useless skills that broufh us Skylake version 8

Just now, 5x5 said:

No, they should get him and his intelligence. The value in him is intel trade secrets, not his useless skills that broufh us Skylake version 8

I'm pretty sure he has signed contracts that prevent him from just spilling Intel trade secrets to competitors like AMD. I don't know how this works exactly coz where will you then work if not for someone who makes CPU's and then ignore everything you learned and know when designing similar products. But I'm sure business world has ways with this stuff.

4 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

I'm pretty sure he has signed contracts that prevent him from just spilling Intel trade secrets to competitors like AMD. I don't know how this works exactly coz where will you then work if not for someone who makes CPU's and then ignore everything you learned and know when designing similar products. But I'm sure business world has ways with this stuff.

Well he obviously won't disclose them in front of the janitor. It'll be a close door discussion.

Edit and for intel to do anything, they'd need proof. Else a lawsuit is impossible.

12 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

snip

idk some of the marketing intel has been doing recently is just hypocritical and embarrassing. it seems like a lot of the people in intel's marketing department needs to be fired.

4 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

idk some of the marketing intel has been doing recently is just hypocritical and embarrassing. it seems like a lot of the people in intel's marketing department needs to be fired.

More like upper management needs a lobotomy. Most intel executives and top decision makers have no idea what they're selling. Half of them probably can't even describe it.

7 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Well he obviously won't disclose them in front of the janitor. It'll be a close door discussion.

Edit and for intel to do anything, they'd need proof. Else a lawsuit is impossible.

There's a fine line to be tread here. You can't stop general knowledge from going around, but at the same time there is a degree of professionalism in not revealing everything about your previous employers. Companies tend to want to play it safe, and getting info on competitors this way is not safe. When we saw previous movements of Jim and Raja going from red to blue, I'm sure they knew where the lines were and not to cross them. Likewise if there is any going the other way. 

5 hours ago, spartaman64 said:

it seems like a lot of the people in intel's marketing department needs to be fired.

Fixed that for you.

46 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Most intel executives and top decision makers have no idea what they're selling. Half of them probably can't even describe it.

It's worse than I though, they have a guy from EA!

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Now this guy? First Raja and Jim now this guy? AdoredTV was right... OwO

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

1 hour ago, porina said:

There's a fine line to be tread here. You can't stop general knowledge from going around, but at the same time there is a degree of professionalism in not revealing everything about your previous employers. Companies tend to want to play it safe, and getting info on competitors this way is not safe. When we saw previous movements of Jim and Raja going from red to blue, I'm sure they knew where the lines were and not to cross them. Likewise if there is any going the other way. 

Fixed that for you.

It's worse than I though, they have a guy from EA!

So is L3 cache and HT going to be DLC now?

5 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

So is L3 cache and HT going to be DLC now?

Get the season pass and you'll be fine.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible