Meshify C

Hey Guys, 

I am browsing around the forums for the past few hours. Asked for some advice myself, and wondered why a lot of people recommend the Meshify C. To me it looks like a nice case but nothing special. Can someone please explain what it is with this case that makes it this popular?

Thanks,

Yanick

1 minute ago, Yanick de Wit said:

Hey Guys, 

I am browsing around the forums for the past few hours. Asked for some advice myself, and wondered why a lot of people recommend the Meshify C. To me it looks like a nice case but nothing special. Can someone please explain what it is with this case that makes it this popular?

Thanks,

Yanick

Airflow. All the airflow.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

10 hours ago, Yanick de Wit said:

the Meshify C

airflow is really good, build quality is outstanding. and it is amazing ;).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

the case has great airflow, a lot of room, plus its 90$

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

Just now, Yanick de Wit said:

A case doesn't need to much special, it's about 6 planes of materials and some screws and such to hold it together.

What makes a case stand out from the crowd is how they deviate from the norm; or sometimes how they don't.

The Meshify C is a rather simple looking case, which means it fits with a large majority of different sort of builds. That of course differs from the RGB aesthetic in many other cases; which you can love or hate. It features a mesh front panel; which is in stark contrast with a lot of the other current cases with closed off front panel (and thus poorer cooling/sound potential).

Furthermore it is just made from quality materials, making the case feel premium when using it.

In short, it fits with a lot of different build and the basics (build quality and airflow) are done very well in the case.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Like everyone else said, airflow! But if you are looking for a different case with good airflow, the phanteks p300a, p400a, and now p500a are often recommended here as well (along with some others)

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

12 minutes ago, Yanick de Wit said:

Hey Guys, 

Thanks,

Yanick

This case came out in 2017. The landscape of cases back in 2017-2019 was all about Tempered Glass, RGB and minimalist "as square and boxy as possible". Companies forgone airflow in favor of Ikea shaped boxes and unicorn vomit from a LGBTQ parade. Then in good old fashioned Fractal Design style the company launches the Meshify C with no fanfare, previous teasing or hint of what they had planned; an airflow focused version of their popular Define C combining space efficiency with high potential airflow. And up until Late 2019, it had no true competition. Cases like the Airflow versions of the P300, 400, 275R, and the subsequent new cases like the 500DX, NR600, 220T, Mastercase H500, MB511 and P500A were all pipe dreams.

The Meshify C is the "Hyper 212x" of cases. The Standard everyone compares themselves to. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The Meshify is the "Hyper 212x" of cases.

its a d15 is everyone could afford it if you ask me ;).

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

mesifhy c + d15 + 4x noctua industrial 3000 pwm= wind tunnel

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 minute ago, Oswin said:

mesifhy c + d15 + 4x noctua industrial 3000 pwm= wind tunnel

is that "windtunnel" silent? I want a nice case that is silent and has good cooling. (No be quiet silent base 601 becouse of bad cooling)

4 minutes ago, Yanick de Wit said:

is that "windtunnel" silent? I want a nice case that is silent and has good cooling. (No be quiet silent base 601 becouse of bad cooling)

the noctua industrials arent silent, but they are wind tunnels. if you want something more silent the regular NF-A14 pwm does the job.

Edited by Oswin

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

10 minutes ago, Oswin said:

the noctua industrials arent silent, but they are wind tunnels. if you want something more silent the regular NF-A14 pwm does the job.

You can turn them down but yeah the chromax version are quieter out of the box. Silent Wings 3 from be quiet! are also a very solid alternative.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC