Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

I own a Ps1, Ps2, PsP, PsP-GO, SonyEricsson Playstation Phone and two Ps3's.

Kinda need something to play my Gran Turismo games on. :lol:

And a Wii

Just bought me a PS2 Slim, And Xbox 360 Pro and a Elite. :P

A lot of games are just better on console.

Same for PC. Playing a strategy game on console would be weird, but playing certain games with your friends on console is better. Especially co-op campaigns, or co-op multiplayer.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

I own it for the reasons that the Xbox one will be cool. It's tied to my television so using it to stream media is the main thing I do with my 360 now. I also have an HTPC but it's usually faster if all I want to do is watch a hulu video or netflix video to turn on the 360 and do it.

I hate playing console games, I hate online games in general. I suck pretty bad and hate losing so it's actually stressful to play games online with other people. I'm an adult and have a full time job, the last thing I need is more stress!

The biggest and best reason is missing from the poll, exclusive tites.

I own a PS3 because of Metal Gear Solid, I can have 1-4 in one place, I also enjoy to play some of the PSX classics!

I own a PS3 for the awesome exclusive games.  The Wii and the Xbox get games that every console gets, but the strength of Playstation is in the exclusives.  Uncharted, Resistance, Killzone, MotorStorm, Metal Gear (Prior to them going cross-platform after MGS4), Socom, Journey, Beyond: Two Souls, Demon's Souls, God of War, Gran Turismo, Infamous, Little Big Planet, The Last of Us, etc... and that's only to name a FEW!  I also have Playstation Plus.  Playstation Plus just isn't a right to play online like Xbox Live is.  With Playstation Plus you get access to crazy deals, free games, betas, etc.  I'm a PC gamer to the core, but when someone asks me what console they should buy I can only say Playstation!

Everyone of those exclusives except for Motor Storm and Gran Turismo (not much of a racing game fan) are games I like a lot. 

JRPG's mainly, plus the Last of Us. Amazing game.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I only want a console because of exclusive games on them, such as: Twisted Metal, Gran Turimso, Forza Motorsport/Horzion, etc.

My two words:

Driving simulators

For some reason, there are no good driving simulators for PC.

PROJECT cars and Trackmenia 1 and 2:Canyon are which are/look good games for PC.

I play on both PC/PS3. I use my ps3 for my sports game and the exclusives. The Last of Us is epic. I also use it for games that are delayed to PC as I usually buy them day one and don't want to wait. So AC/GTA usually. 

I have a 360 slim which I bought when I had a crappy PC and because 2 my good friends got it, but I never really bought too much games for it, some exclusives like Forza 4, Halo Reach, L.A. Noire (which isn't anymore XD) and Red Dead Redemption, also got Metro 2033 for like 9 bucks....

I don't really spend that much time playing on it to justify paying for XBL Gold and the fact that it doesnt support my G27 wheel makes me sad about not getting the PS3

I don't own a console as i've never been able afford one - now i'm savning for the pc in the description, and that one Will serve double duty as a steam Big picture machine, and at least where i live its cheaper than the new Xbox with a Big enough difference that i Can only afford the pc

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Mostly for old games that I don't want to emulate. The experience is different on console with the older games.

CPU: AMD FX 8320e | Mobo: Gigabyte GA‑78LMT‑USB3 | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper n520 | RAM: 8Gb @ 1333MHz

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mITX | PSU: Antec HCG 520w | Storage: Sandisk 120GB - WD Red 1TB | Case: Modded IBM A50 sleeper

All displayed on an AOC I2421VWH

I used to own an Xbox 360, but that was only because I couldn't afford a gaming PC at the time... or a PlayStation 3. :P

I sold it about three months after I built my PC since I never used it once after I swapped to PC gaming. I still have a PS2 that I occasionally play, but only if it's a game that I can't get on PC, or if it sucks on the PC because of crappy porting or controls.

I originally got the Xbox in 2009 when I was in 7th grade to play halo 3 with friends. The only reason I still have it is because Madden games aren't on PC.

-_- EA

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I currently own an Xbox 360, Wii, and PS2. Along with those three, I've also owned an Atari 2600, NES, SNES(2), N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color(3), Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, PS1, Xbox, Sega Genesis, and a Sega Dreamcast.

Why? I love video games.

I currently own an Xbox 360, Wii, and PS2. Along with those three, I've also owned an Atari 2600, NES, SNES(2), N64, Gameboy, Gameboy Color(3), Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, PS1, Xbox, Sega Genesis, and a Sega Dreamcast.

Why? I love video games.

You don't need any other reason. Nice line up btw. :)

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It feels like the console community is bigger, but not as intimate as the PC community.(unless you play Moba games:p)

I own a PS3 because I wanted to blue ray player that didn't suck. I own only 2 games. I own the game that come with it, which is uses their camera and I own metal gear solid 4. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I bought a PS3 in anticipation of PS4 and to get PS+ (the free games are awesome). Also to finally get around to playing Uncharted 1-3 and debating getting The Last of Us.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The only reason I play console, is so I can play with friends.  I have only 2-3 friends who play on pc, so when I'm bored and want to socialize lol, I'll jump on my xbox.

only reason is the exclusives. I Enjoy playing God of War, Gran turismo, little big planet (this game is AWESOME, you are missing a lot), Metal gear (when it was exclusive to PS)...

i prefer FIFA on console with my controller, adventure games like crash bandicot, are better with the controller

Some games are good on pc others are good on console

I had a 360 before I built a pc but now I only play forza and skate 3.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I have one because my friends are too poor and aren't tech savvy enough to make a high end gaming PC to give them that console feel.

The Syndicate

I find sports games better on consoles, i prefer the controller feel for them