Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

Personally i play on both PC and PS3 i only play with friends on the PS3 but more of them are converting to PC and they have said it's more enjoyable and easier on a keyboard and mouse even though its take longer to get used to. also any suggestions for any other questions that aren't listed above.

EDIT: which one of you mods changed the poll :D

EDIT2: NM thanks Linus for putting that option there and putting it on twitter 

Honestly the only reason I bought a recent console was for Halo. I wish it stayed on PC, but it didn't so I was forced to buy a 360.

2 words.. xbox live

PC SPECIFICATIONS: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor  3.70 GHz ; MSI B550G Edge Wi-Fi ATX ; 16gb (2x8gb)  Kingston FURY Beast DDR4-3600 RGB ; MSI GeForce RTX 3060 3x12gb ;  darkFlash Phantom with Custom Phanteks D-RGB 120 (6EA) ; Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition ; 1tb M.2 Kingston , 2tb Seagate Barricuda, 4 TB Seagate ; Corsair Gaming Series GS700W

PERIPHERALS:Razer BlackWidow V3 ;  Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro ;  Razer Leviathan V2 X

TABLET: Ipad 12.9 Pro  PHONE: Iphone 12

None of the above? Exclusive games, cheap gaming and a very long lifespan

Edit: This one is an important one: lazy gaming! Imagine the laziest position on a couch ever, with two hands and a controller resting in the lap. You can't do that on a PC

Edit 2: Yes, I am very well aware of HTPCs, and thus making the "You can't do that on a PC" above a false statement, but it isn't the same

My two words:

Driving simulators

For some reason, there are no good driving simulators for PC.

i have a PS3 purely because it's one of the best blu-ray player out there, always updated for new features also netflix and so on, pluss i payed 30 pound for it with YLOD and fixed it knowing it would last because i never play games on it :).... you should add "other" to the poll.

Exactly - What would you think if I told you I was playing the latest titles on a 7 year old gaming PC?

Case in point PS3

Exactly - What would you think if I told you I was playing the latest titles on a 7 year old gaming PC?

Case in point PS3

I would try to think of what such a PC would have cost back in the day, and then I would think of how unlikely it would be if no upgrades were done at all during that time (XP to win7 for instance) :-p

Edit: This one is an important one: lazy gaming! Imagine the laziest position on a couch ever, with two hands and a controller resting in the lap. You can't do that on a PC

Yes you can.. HTPC :) Anyways, back to the thread, I had a ps3 for a couple of years to play cod and uncharted with mates. Sold it once they stopped playing and I wanted more graphics card poweeeerrrrrrr.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Use to be into consoles have the ps3 and xbox360 before I bought a new laptop that could play games properly. Still do since lots of my friends still play them but I can't use a controller worth shit anymore. How does one aim with a thumb stick. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Yes you can.. HTPC :) Anyways, back to the thread, I had a ps3 for a couple of years to play cod and uncharted with mates. Sold it once they stopped playing and I wanted more graphics card poweeeerrrrrrr.

Well, yeah, you can, but then you're trying to play games with a controller that isn't balanced/adjusted for that game. It's doable, yes, but its still more of a hassle, which kinda defeats that point

i just have one for the sake of having one

Character artist in the Games industry.

I have had my Xbox 360 for a long time now. My brother and I each wished for one for Christmas. Having a gaming pc was not really an alternative because we were too young to use it and understand it properly let alone build it. Also, Halo is awesome.

That being said, I'll build a pc the next time I need a new gaming machine.

i have an xbox 360 with like 2 games all i use it for is to go on and play with friends

I used to own ps1,ps2 and psp. I dont buy ps3 because it was too expensive at that time. Reason i buy it because its easy to play with my family and my pc monitor is too small for 2 player to play together.

I got a ps3 and a wiiU mainly for the exclusives don't use them for anything else. Maybe you should include this in the poll

bought a Xbox 360 for the JRPG, Lost odyssey, infinite undiscovery, the last remnant, star ocean, tales of vesperia, resonance of fate and final fantasy 13

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

Well I have a Halo Reach Limited Edition Xbox 360.

I pretty much played on consoles for my whole life, even had a PS3 for a while. Then I saw the light thanks to the BF3 hype in 2011 when I decided to get a PC.

Since then, my Xbox is rarely turned on. The only thing I do with my Xbox nowadays is pretty much play exclusive games on it.

I used to be a console gamer when i was younger and i bought the Xbox 360 when it came out, bought a few games and played a while because i did not own a good pc. Then i finnaly got my first gaming PC and it hasn't been on for like 4 years.

I7 2600k @ 4,5GHz - 16GB Kingston 1600Mhz RAM - Asus Sabertooth P67 - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - 2x Caviar Black 1TB - ADATA 80GB Boot SSD - Club3D 7870 XT - 42" Panasonic 3D Led TV - 22" Samsung SyncMaster

I have an xbox and a ps3 not for the games, but to be able to sit on my couch and play games.  I work from home as a consultant and after working 10-12 hours at my PC, I don't want to sit in this same seat and play games.  I've found after working from home for years now that any kind of break or move in where you're doing something can help you unwind.

I recently smartened up and got an xbox controller for PC, put together a 'gaming' PC from parts I already had and ran the HDMI out from that to my receiver/TV.  Now I get the best of both worlds.  Only problem is now my consoles are collecting dust.  I keep thinking I'm going to take them to a pawn shop to practice the haggling skills I see on these reality TV shows  :D

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I personally like playing on consoles better.. At least certain games.. On the PC someone always bugs me, but when I'm on my Xbox 360 in front of my big screen I get completely immersed in any possible game.  

+ the exclusives.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

There's no answer for the poll thats abit skewed

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I got a console because i thought that back in 2010, consoles had awesome graphics and was the only thing that could play games, and i got it with kinect. When i play my xbox 360, i usually can't even see the words because i am using a 720p TV and i sit like 3-4 meters back. I really hated it. Since then i lost some interest in gaming and focused more on my studies. However, i saw a video that linus made and it was about crossfire. I started to get interested into these videos and i really wanted to get a computer to play games, but i instead got a laptop, an AUS G75VX, and i love <3 it so freaking much! I have been playing games regularly and have left my xbox 360 below my TV console, abandoned. I am so happy i have made this choice, but i regret getting such an expensive computer when i mainly play TF2 XD. I thought that i would like BF3 and all these great games, but i bought them and played for only like 3-4 hours, then i stopped. I really like the unrealistic setting TF2 is set on. I hate BF3 as it is like just shoioting and stuff, but with TF2, there is rocket jumping, sticky jumping, double-jump, awesome crazy weapons to choose from, and the great maps. I hope Valve would make a TF3 or if you are able too, please recommend me some games that are similar to TF2! TIA! :)

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

i bought xbox because of red dead redemption and stayed on it for forza series

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18