Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

once upon a time I didn't want to care about minimum specs of a game....I simply wanted to game...so I bought a PS3 and all the games I wanted to play. But the day came I was tired of console gaming and really started being interested in computer hardware. So by now minimum specs are easy to analyse for me and due to my computer no problem at all. The sad part of the story is nearly all of my games are still PS3 related - just as all of my friends are still console gamer. So until today I'm still gaming on my PS3 with my friends. But when I'm gaming alone I search for my old games that my father gave me when I was a kid (such as Age of Empires 2; NASCAR Racing 2,3 and 4;... - REMEMBER: AGE IS A RELATIVE THING!!!). Playing these games is not only way more satisfactory but also FREAKING AWESOME!!!

if pc fails its handy to have

CPU : i5 3570k @ 4.2                  CPU COOLER : H100i                  GPU  Asus 780ti DC2            PSU: CX750M
GPU  Asus 780ti DC2                  MOTHERBOARD: MSI z77a g43   CASE: Coolermaster Xm
Soundcard: XONAR DG              SSD: Crucial m5 120 gb                HDD: WD green 1tb

for me i'm ps3 then pc, ps3 or xbox works cheaper in the long run yeah you pay extra for games but you don't have to constantly add storage, i also find i get a better connection on the network via ps3 than pc for some reason

I own a PS3 mainly because it was an impulse buy. One of my biggest buying regrets. I had an Xbox since 8th grade up until last year when I sold everything so I could move to the magical land of PC gaming. Do not regret a thing about that. 

At least I got a good deal on the PS3.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

PS2, had it for years; never really use it. mebbe i'll try something crazy, hook it into my desktop when I get it, eliminate the need for an emulator

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

i own several consoles some for retro gaming. i also sometimes play the guitar hero games. All games that come out on pc ill play them on pc as thats what is best

the only reason i own one is because of jailbrekaing

running cfw 4.20 will run 4.40 cfw soon

fat ps3 with a 500 GB hard drive

i have around like 20 games installed in multiman by ripping it via Multiman

havnt played any of  them xD just thought it was cool and sticking it to the "MAN"

i run some emulators on it from time ot time but thats pretty much it

might play them later when im really bored

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rf3w85xhxlrgaml/2013-02-13%2019.09.11.jpg

i emulate Wii games on my pc (1080p + zelda = AWESOME)

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

What driving simulators are you referring to, because to my knowledge the best sims ever were made for PC.

The Forza series of driving simulators are the best IMO.  I know that in the early days there were better sims on PC but as of the last 5 or so years, only games such as need for speed and grid (both not true driving simulators) have come over from console to PC.  

FOR KINECT!

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

I own both a ps3 and a 360. Nowadays the 360 is a dedicated forza machine (60fps mind you), and the ps3 is an okej BR-player with some worthwhile exclusives I've yet to play.

I had a 360, After two died of red ring of death and I'd to buy an elite I had just become fed up then so gave it to the sister and went back to what I feel is the most reliable platform

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I had a 360, After two died of red ring of death and I'd to buy an elite I had just become fed up then so gave it to the sister and went back to what I feel is the most reliable platform

never had problems with the later nm shrinks

which did u have ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I played on consoles most of my life but switched to PC because I can use mods w/o worry.

But I do own a Xbox360 which only my daughter plays on when she's not on the PC, because her friends don't have or know how to play on PC.

Now only if she would install and update her mods herself *^_^* 

never had problems with the later nm shrinks

which did u have ?

Had a launch 360, that died and the one microsoft replaced it with died too, after scratching my disks to the point where they no longer start.The elite(which I had to buy because Microsoft support told me it was going to be 100€ to fix the one they sent me) hasn't died yet thankfully.

Needless to say I will never buy another microsoft console again, only bought the Elite because I thought xbox was the best.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

i have an old ps1 but never use it

I own an xbox 360 which I only really play call of duty competitively on. It's one from the year after launch so late 2006 and I've never had a problem with it. I play basically every other game on pc now.

To play with mates honestly, other than that, i never use my Xbox 360 but I still play some retro like N64 etc with them :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

My two words:

Driving simulators

For some reason, there are no good driving simulators for PC.

It's true! I think the last truly fun one I played on pc was TOCA race driver 3. I basically got my xbox since I wanted to play Forza 3 (at the time), then Forza 4 now!. 

The only reason I ever play on my 360 is for the exclusives (i.e. Halo, Forza, Red Dead Redmption). I wouldn't even have a console if I didn't get it gifted to me.

The Forza series of driving simulators are the best IMO.  I know that in the early days there were better sims on PC but as of the last 5 or so years, only games such as need for speed and grid (both not true driving simulators) have come over from console to PC.  

One current sim that is very good is RFactor 2. That was released in the last year. While Forza is pretty good, I own Forza 3, 4, and Horizon, they all lack some of the important force feedback effects when using a wheel. After using SimBin's RaceRoom Racing Expierience, I was impressed at how well you could feel steering weight and the effects of g-forces on steering in that title. One other effect I noticed right away was curb pull. While Forza titles graphically represent curb pull pretty well, it is not easily felt in the wheel thus making it very hard to react to. There are other things I haven't talked about, but there are good arguments for both sides, but IMO PC sims are better in many, many ways. The titles I have mentioned are not "mainstream" titles like the ones you have mentioned, but are regarded as some of the best. A good resource for all sim racing is insidesimracing.tv.

Current Build: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Windowed | i5-3570K | Asus GTX 660 Top @ 1200Mhz/6524Mhz | Asus P8-Z77V |

Corsair HX750 | WD Black 500 GB | Kingston HyperX Genesis 8 GB (2x4 GB)

One current sim that is very good is RFactor 2. That was released in the last year. While Forza is pretty good, I own Forza 3, 4, and Horizon, they all lack some of the important force feedback effects when using a wheel. After using SimBin's RaceRoom Racing Expierience, I was impressed at how well you could feel steering weight and the effects of g-forces on steering in that title. One other effect I noticed right away was curb pull. While Forza titles graphically represent curb pull pretty well, it is not easily felt in the wheel thus making it very hard to react to. There are other things I haven't talked about, but there are good arguments for both sides, but IMO PC sims are better in many, many ways. The titles I have mentioned are not "mainstream" titles like the ones you have mentioned, but are regarded as some of the best. A good resource for all sim racing is insidesimracing.tv.

Ah, thanks for that. I will have to check some of those out. I did forget to mention the iRacing subscription based racing sim, which sounds totally awesome but very expensive...  The sad thing about a lot of the PC racing games like you mentioned is that while very realistic, sometimes all the effort is put into the physics and you end up loosing on the eye candy and selection of cars and tracks. But hey, you cant have everything...   yet

Halo.

Technology is a curse... why? Because it's so addictive.

Started gaming on Wii then went to the 360 and now i'm a hardcore PC gamer :)

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

Ah, thanks for that. I will have to check some of those out. I did forget to mention the iRacing subscription based racing sim, which sounds totally awesome but very expensive...  The sad thing about a lot of the PC racing games like you mentioned is that while very realistic, sometimes all the effort is put into the physics and you end up loosing on the eye candy and selection of cars and tracks. But hey, you cant have everything...   yet

Yes, some of the older sims look pretty bad, but there is a demo on youtube of rfactor 2 in 4K and it looks amazing. Also, I didn't mention IRacing simply because of the cost, but that is regarded as the BEST sim that there is.

Current Build: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl Windowed | i5-3570K | Asus GTX 660 Top @ 1200Mhz/6524Mhz | Asus P8-Z77V |

Corsair HX750 | WD Black 500 GB | Kingston HyperX Genesis 8 GB (2x4 GB)