Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

I have a 360. I got it because I was in college and I couldn't be bothered bringing a desktop between my dorm and my parents' place. Eventually it became more of my friends all played on PS3 so I got one. Then they all went back to 360 so I just gave my sister my PS3 as a housewarming gift when she moved into her place. 

I really hope that with the addition of the steam box, we can finally get split screen on the PC without having to go around, messing with stuff. Something like the Steiger Dynamic LEET would be completely useless without some kind of reason, and split screen or co-op would be great if they add that to PC's

There's some games that you can only play on consoles, plain and simple.

There's also the fact that a console is much cheaper.

I own a PS3, just to play the Metal Gear Solid series, Dragonball Z Series and Tekken series.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Own a PS3, for exclusives.

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

Consoles aren't bad media centres too. I often have PS3 Media Server running on my computer to stream films to my Xbox.

Started gaming on Wii then went to the 360 and now i'm a hardcore PC gamer :)

Man, the Wii! unlucky place to start XD haha

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I only have a PS3 for the few exclusives that I care about. I won't be buying the PS4 until the slim version comes out or if a game I really care about come out.

And I mostly use my PS3 for streaming music or movies.

| Corsair C70 Gunmetal | MSI P67A-GD64 (B3) | 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | Zalman CNPS9900MAX-B | EVGA GTX 770 SuperClocked 2GB |

| G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB 1600 | Crucial BX100 500GB | 2x WD Black 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Corsair HX750 |

Man, the Wii! unlucky place to start XD haha

Yeah i know it was for my birthday when i was like 13 or so..

CPU: Intel i5 3570k 4.2GHz with Corsair H100 RAM: Corsair 16GB (4x4) SSD: Samsung 840 120GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Strix GTX 1080 

PSU: OCZ 650W CASE: Fractal Define R5

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/MelchiorVester/saved/#view=RKNXsY

To be honest, I own my xbox 360. I love playing with my friends but then College happened. I did not bring it with me. So then I went to alternatives and ended up back in PC Gaming. 

PC Gaming got better as I started to build my first custom rig. I spent more time on my custom rig then my xbox 360 as soon as it was built.

Xbox 360= only for exclusive games right now. Xbox is collecting dust. 

Diamond Cube https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wvPscf 

Diamond 2.0 The FX Rev 2.0 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z6sMLk

The only Ryce that can Make It Shine Gamer plus a Student Games,Tech,and everything in Between. Showing all Love to@victoriajustice

I have a xbox 360 slim and its never really used i dont think its even plugged in just sits on my desk and looks pretty.

The only reason why i have it still is for Halo.

i put other because i really like to play PS exclusives and gonna get a 3ds for pokemon games because the experience is just alot better on the handheld. dont get me wrong i would defiantly play a pc version of a game if it exists. but mainly exclusives is the reason i have consoles

Xbox and PS3 for exclusives. I actually use my PS3 a lot for Blu Rays, netflix streaming, and lately youtube streaming since the app has gotten a lot better. I doubt I will jump on any of the next gen consoles though since at the start of this generation of consoles I was still newer to pc gaming and mostly gamed on my 360. Now it is the complete opposite and I only boot up my 360 every now and then to play forza 4.

CPU-[i5 3570k-4.6ghz at 1.33v]  GPU-[4gb Zotac GTX 680 1126 core 6800 mem]   MOBO-[Gigabyte Z77 UD4H]   PSU-[Corsair TX 650]   RAM-[2x8gb DDR3 1333 GSkill Ripjaws X]   Case-[Corsair 550D (2xNoctua NF-F12, 1xNoctua NF-A14 intake, 1xNoctua NF-A14 exhaust)]   CPU Cooler-[Noctua NH D14]   Boot Drive-[Crucial m4 256GB SSD]   Game Drive-[500GB Western Digital Caviar Black]   Storage Drive-[2.5" 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black]   Sound Card-[Asus Xonar DG]   Optical Drive-[Lite-On IHAS-124]  Monitor-[Dell U2312HM] Keyboard-[CM Storm Quickfire Rapid-Brown Switches] Mouse-[Logitech G400] Speakers-[Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX]

I have a ps3 but, now I have matured I don't use it, I would like to use ubuntu on it that would be awesome, but that's probably never going to happen because my ps3 is hard to downgrade :'(   :'(  :'( cry cry cry :"(

The ONLY reason I own a console is because I can't afford a pc...lol

I have an Xbox 360 and a Wii(which i play ~5 times a year). My family is pretty pretty poor so we can't afford a good gaming computer. The lifespan/$ is unbeatable by a never upgraded PC for the same price. Also the Xbox was bought used off craigslist for a Christmas present for me and my two other brothers. We got that and some games and buy our own games.

I'm going to work over the summer and save some money up. invest in stocks, and build a Gaming PC that will be beast. ($6.5k (Watercooled, 2 Titans. etc.))

My prized colection, started with my Dad.

Atari 2600 - Never Opened.

Sega Megadrive - Never Opened.

Sega Saturn

SNES

N64

PS1

PS2

PS3

XBOX

XBOX 360

Wii

:)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I have a PS2 and PS3 just for certain games like GT5, KH 1-2 and FFX. I used to play all the fighting games but these days since I live so far from them, we just don't find the time anymore

Exclusives. Red Dead: Redemption, Halo 4, Forza 4, Dead or Alive.

I own a Wii U. Mainly for the exclusives like the Mario and LoZ games, but also for games like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I actually only own 3 games for it at the moment, excluding Kirby and Super Metroid on the Virtual Console. I have Super Mario Bros New U, Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

I had an Xbox360 and PS3 but I sold them since I hardly ever used them, I actually used the trade in credit for the Wii U. I think my Wii U has had more use than two consoles combined. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

PS2 & PSP, When I was little I always wanted one since I mainly liked most of the Crash Bandicoot racing games but now I hardly ever use them!. 

Honestly some of my best games came from the console's.

Can't imaguine my childwood without Donkey Kong & Mario Kart.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

I have my psp for  shorter trips-2-4H cause my gaming laptop is waaay to big and bulky so its not worth the hassle of going to a serius game on a 2h flight :D

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

I have a PS3 because when you have people over, it is easier to sit on a couch then try to cram yourself at the computer desk. My TV is bigger even if the resolution is the same as my 23inch monitor. Also, most games I own on it don't exist on PC.