Do You Own A Console, If You Do Why?

Uberskills

I got my 360 before I built my Computer soo I used it before

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

I bought my ps3 mainly because of GTA V just coming out for consoles and also because of the fact that I wanted to play RDR and some exclusives (like the upcoming The last of us :D).

2500k@4.5Ghz w/ CM Hyper 212+@Push/pull - Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz - EVGA GTX670 2GB - MSI P67A GD55 B3 - OCZ Agility 3 60gb - 500gb HD502HJ + 1.5TB HD155UI Samsung - Cooler Master Silent Pro M850W - Cooler Master HAF922 - Microsoft Sidewinder x6 - Mx518 - Edifier E3100 - SAMSUNG P2370H || PS3 Slim 160gb

I have a ps3 because I just got into pc gaming and I had the ps3 first. Also there are a few exclusives that I want to play on ps3. Not to mention games like Final Fantasy

I have a Wii (waiting for new zelda for Wii U) PS3 and Xbox

There are several exclusives like mario, zelda, uncharted, and gears of war that I love.

Also back when I got my consoles I did not have as much money so it was more cost effective to buy a console than build a gaming PC.

Playing with friends is a big one, but the controller is great for the game I play most (Forza 3) and is one of the reasons I enjoy my Xbox 360.  Also, I have been having more and more issues with steam (what a surprise...) which is starting to pull me away from PC gaming.

I actually just picked up a 360 not to long ago to act as a cheap windows media center portal for 75$ off craigslist

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

I own both an Xbox 360 and a PS3, along with a moderately powerful gaming PC. Reason I bought the consoles were for specific exclusive games. (Halo series, and Gran Turismo/Motorstorm respectively) Plus there's the convinience of just being able to turn it on, put in a disc and play straight away with friends. Quicker and more social than on my PC with Steam/Origin.

Game exclusivity.

I wanted Halo 3 so I got the 360.

Wanted Dust 514 so I got the PS3.

Then this happened, and I had to have it.
IT MAKES R2-D2 NOISES GODDAMMIT!

Also Star Wars dance games.

Star-Wars-Xbox-360-May-Release-In-April.

I bought the PS3 not that long after the release of the 2nd Gen. (not the slim version) because I always had a Playstation or always gamed with it when I had the chance (never owned the first one, but my cousins did).
Well, that and because I wanted to go further into the Killzone storyline (Killzone 2 being a PS3 exclusive title) and because resistance 2 was frecking awesome...oh and because it has a Blu-ray drive!
Couple years after that I bought the xbox360 slim edition (at a low price) because a lot of my bud's bought a Xbox360 rather then a PS3, but to be honest..I never played that much with it..I was rather curious how it would perform against the PS3..controller feels nice in the hand though I give em that much :P

Main:Corsair Obsidian 650D||Corsair AX1200||Asus Rampage IV-E||Intel I7 3930K@4,8Ghz||16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133C9||Asus GTX680 DCUIITOP SLI||full costum waterloop||Cosair Force GT 240GB||2x2.5" WD Black 750GB
bench; Dimastech bench||Corsair HX750||Asus Maximus IV Gene||Intel I7 2600K@4,5Ghz||8Gb Corsair Dominator GT 1866C9||Asus GTX660Ti||XSPC costum waterloop||Corsair Force 3 120GB||4x2TB HDD
Laptop: Apple Macbook Pro 15" 2012

My dad got me and my brother a PS3 for Christmas it came with 2 games: Fallout 3 and CoD5

Epic random bundel!

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

i also got my consle before my pc! dont touch it these days.

I always found it strange how people thought the ps3 was expensive yet wouldn't really think twice about paying twice as much for a pc that would be out of date in half the time.

I used to play games on pc years and years ago but always hated using keyboard for anything other than fps. The last pc games i played were Delta Force 2 and Unreal Tornament.

xbox for halo

A nerd is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology. A geek is someone whose life revolves around computers and technology, and likes it!

i have a PS3 purely because it's one of the best blu-ray player out there, always updated for new features also netflix and so on, pluss i payed 30 pound for it with YLOD and fixed it knowing it would last because i never play games on it :).... you should add "other" to the poll.

you do realise that you can get internal blu ray drive for £30 on ebay

bc halo 3

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

To play with friends and finish some story games like God of war 3,

had to try out some games like ff13

ps1 and ps2 were legit tho great games on those!! 

also for social gaming like with a group of people around a tv!

Smash bros ! or tekken !

I was pretty much a console guy until last Xmas as I was given a laptop that was powerful enough to play BF3 decently, since then my Xbox hasn't been on once.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I used to be a console gamer but now i only use my 360 to play fifa.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I saw a nice offer for a PS3 and decided to get it, so I could play Uncharted and Gran Turismo. A couple of weeks later I did the same with the Xbox 360. I always was bummed out that I couldn't play Halo 3 on the PC, so that was the main reason to buy the Xbox 360. It came with Forza 3 (and a couple of other games, but I've never really played those), which was a huge deal for me as well. So I guess the main reason for buying the consoles was simple the exclusives they have. There's nothing like Uncharted, Forza or GT on the PC and I really wanted to finish the Halo-series.

I'm also not sure what the bashing on console gamers is about. Apart from the fact that it's a personal choice, most console gamers I know, also have a game PC.

Also, without my Sega, I'm not sure if I'd ever be interested in PC tech.....

The reason I got a console (PS3 which I sold away recently :) )

were exclusive games like Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Uncharted and God of War

These games would have looked awesome .... had they been released  for PC.

NZXT Lexa S - Asus M5A97 R2.0 - AMD FX 8150 @ 4.2 Ghz - Corsair H70 - Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 Mhz 16 GBAsus GTX 970 4GB - Corsair CX 600 - Benq XL2420t - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - WD Live 3TB - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Keyboard - Razer Ouroboros Mouse - Steelseries QcK Sk Gaming Edition :wub: 

I have a Wii cause Zelda, Metroid and Mario

CPU: Intel i5 2310 Mobo: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: MSI 760 Twin Frozr 4GB RAM: 8GB ADATA XPG Gaming Series 

Storage: OCZ Aglility 3 120 GB SSD, 2 250GB Segate HDDs Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PSU: Antec NEO ECO 520W

I have all the old consoles, and I mainly use them for classics, haven't bought one in over 7 years.

MSI MPower Big Bang | Intel 3570k

Samsung Pro 840 256GB | Asus R9 280x DirectCU II Top

Seasonic 750w Gold 

I have an Xbox 360 because when I got it I was a dumb 10 year old and didn't know there were pc games other than minecraft. lol

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I have a xbox 360, but it's just to play splitscreen when friends come over.