Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

So here's mine, which I might add is technically my first attempt at cable management, or building a computer without someone supervising...

FDbUQbO.jpg

0rNVEpp.jpg

Before anyone mentions it, because I already know someone will, I realize - Yes, Intel Stock cooler on an MPower Max. The reason why is this - I'm not made of money, but my funds are enough that I can have the build I'll be happy with by the end of the year. However what I don't have is money to blow on tie-over parts. The computer I sold last weekend was a tie-over which I lost money on, and probably wouldn't have bought if it wasn't for the fact my laptop decided to kick the bucket. I'm not planning to overclock just yet, and I can live with the noise, so rather than buy a H100i, I'd rather save the cash and buy an EK Supremacy, or an XSPC Raystorm, I haven't decided yet.

Also on that list, sleeved extension cables. Because these EVGA ones look kind of rubbish, not to mention it doesn't fit the scheme I'm planning to go with (Which doesn't have blue in it, there's some mod work in there to be done). Other problem, phone camera, The cable management on the back of the case isn't quite that bad

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

What case is that?

The case is a modded Zalman Z9

Intel i5 3330, Asus P8H61-MX USB3, Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB), XFX R9 280x, Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Caviar Green 1TB, Corsair CX500M, Acer S220HQL, Corsair H55, Corsair SP120 fan, Fractal Design Node 804.

• 2 weeks later...

this was my first proper build from start to finish, finally got the cables to where im happy with them lol, do want to get shorted sata cables though as i don't really need ones that long,

post-46405-0-38960600-1398268213_thumb.j

post-46405-0-25080000-1398268216_thumb.j

its better if nobody sees mine, my case is horrible for cable management

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

My first build. Really happy with how things turned out with my first build, going to change the back fan and hdd cage fan to custom painted corsair AF fans.

Bit of ghetto mounting the second corsair sp fan on the cpucooler  :P, but it works!

Front.

MqNlZ5b.jpg

back.

S6kpfPq.jpg

It's clean enough for me for now, don't mind the stock cooler its temporarily as I lost the back plate for my real cooler :(

xTHeJy9.jpg

Gv7pcy2.jpg

7vpSLxK.jpg

dooqV2X.jpg

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

It's clean enough for me for now, don't mind the stock cooler its temporarily as I lost the back plate for my real cooler :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

why does every one else's prodigy m look like it has so much room for activities

why does every one else's prodigy m look like it has so much room for activities

As long as it doesn't collapse and nearly kill someone. And no powertools!

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Tips:

- use cable ties

- get rid of useless wires like the hard drive activity light

- fully modular PSU's help

- braided cables (the fabric kind, not plastic) help as they are more flexible

- all black cables look more minimal even though they're still there

- try to minimise the use of Molex cables/connectors as they are massive. If you can, get piggy back Molex connectors so they're all in one place

- run your fans all to one spot, you can make a molex to fan splitter really easily with some wire and other bits

afe0GLS.jpg

dafaq? this shit is awesome. lol lemme find my cp gonna post mine although it's ugly as shit. although I dun wanna open the back of my rig it's very hard to close it again.

Live your life like a dream.

Best I can do in a tiny case

Your CPU is just  faster than mine, I bet.

But that's not bad for that case. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Bit faster with an extra core, the case is a bit stupid with things like 2 access holes at the bottom that are just a little bit to small so you can't hide the HUGE usb 3 cable thats to long for the case and molex just don't fit through

Post some pics of your cable management and give a brief description of how you did it!

I'm building mine and I want to know how to have a clean case.

I'd prefer not to blind the population of LTT. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I have no Cable management, My computer runs on air used as cables

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Pretty sure there is already a thread for this, and one for messy cable management.

2014-05-04+20.23.29.jpg

Under my desk is way worst, I got a ethernet switch, poe adapter, access point and all the other cables mounted under the countertop of the desk.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

fJAX0ZT.jpgqVeu1aa.jpgThis is my first build, the cable management isn't too bad but it could be better especially considering the case. Sorry for the poor image quality.

Check out my Build Log: Project Contrast

fMUXNAc.jpg

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

afe0GLS.jpg

Lyons, this is the finest cable management I've ever seen. Good Job  :o

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.