Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

That's what happens when you live in a house with 2 dogs, a cat, and a smoker.

haha. ihearya!. nicotine is a fan/filter killer :/

• 3 months later...

I doubt a post like this hasn't been created already but if it hasn't, I would love to see how you guys whent up your cable management. I want to get mine as best as I can but I need some tips. If you could post some pictures that would be awesome! Thanks.

e84b7f5a2e15ed7f28a226dd216109e2.png

This is very simmilar to mine, but it is all sata connectors for me. thank you FulllyModular PSU

Nothing to see here, move along

My biggest issue when it comes to organizing my cables is the mess all of the sata/sata power cables make.

Nope, its not done yet, infact it'll never be done as my PSU has some awkardly short wires

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Tips:

- use cable ties

- get rid of useless wires like the hard drive activity light

- fully modular PSU's help

- braided cables (the fabric kind, not plastic) help as they are more flexible

- all black cables look more minimal even though they're still there

- try to minimise the use of Molex cables/connectors as they are massive. If you can, get piggy back Molex connectors so they're all in one place

- run your fans all to one spot, you can make a molex to fan splitter really easily with some wire and other bits

afe0GLS.jpg

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

That looks absolutely beautiful. I suppose you are running off a server? Also, I noticed you didn't connect the audio header. Do you not get sound?

Thanks! my storage is network attached which helps clean it up a lot (my SSD in in the optical bays along with my 7v fan adapters). I use a USB DAC so I have no need for the mobo audio connector, removing it completely helped minimise the amount of cables.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Tips:

- use cable ties

- get rid of useless wires like the hard drive activity light

- fully modular PSU's help

- braided cables (the fabric kind, not plastic) help as they are more flexible

- all black cables look more minimal even though they're still there

- try to minimise the use of Molex cables/connectors as they are massive. If you can, get piggy back Molex connectors so they're all in one place

- run your fans all to one spot, you can make a molex to fan splitter really easily with some wire and other bits

How do you get so the 24Pin looks like it's bending a little? Because mine looks like shit.. And have you sleeved your cables?  But anyways, awesome build :D

Lyons, your cable management is immaculate... I'm just floored at how the back of that motherboard tray looks.

Here's my contribution. Trust me, you don't want to see the back side...

post-23021-0-69929900-1393461920_thumb.j

Lyons, your cable management is immaculate... I'm just floored at how the back of that motherboard tray looks.

Here's my contribution. Trust me, you don't want to see the back side...

Looks great! I am really happy with everyone contributing to this thread!

How do you get so the 24Pin looks like it's bending a little? Because mine looks like shit.. And have you sleeved your cables?  But anyways, awesome build :D

I am guessing it is because he is using sleeved cables. :P

The pictures look like junk but anyway here they are. Frankly the cable management is not great. Also my old gpu, doesn't matter haven't changed anything.  

ifm343L.jpg

ZBygIc5.jpg 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

The pictures look like junk but anyway here they are. Also my old gpu, doesn't matter haven't changed anything.  

Looks good! What fan hub are you using?

Looks good! What fan hub are you using?

Built in one with the phantom 630/530.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I am guessing it is because he is using sleeved cables. :P

Yeah probarly.. I don't really know how to sleeve either so.. :P

Custom Motherboard Backplate with Routing Holes and Cable Combs.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1434204/sponsored-case-mod-elektron-electricity-a-nzxt-source-530-mod/140_20

900x900px-LL-daa530ca__MG_6560.jpeg

900x900px-LL-6da854b4__MG_6579.jpeg

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

HNYxXut.jpg8shY3Io.jpgNot really the best cable management, but I think it's okay in the front. I'm Lazy and don't really care about the back.. :P

Just my examples

post-61770-0-11034000-1393608189_thumb.j

http://www.iconicengineeringsolutions.com Computer Aided Design & Engineering Services.

Corsair C70 Case | i7 4820k @ 4.8Ghz | 32gb 1866mhz Ram | Asus x79 Delux Motherboard | 500gb Samsung SSD | 480gb OCZ SSD | 120gb ssd (drive cache) with 3tb HDD | Nvidia Quadro k4000 (Soon to be in SLIx2) | 8 x Corsair Air Series Fans | H100 Cooler

Tip: Make sure cable mess is not seen in photo and pretend you have good management  :P

c4oan9C.jpg?1

But in all seriousness heres mine, not your standard PC form factor though. I think its all about really planning cable runs, and taking your time and taming the mess.

Of3esQn.jpg?1

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10