Post Your Cable Management?

ciprian97pop

Not the best quality pictures but you get the idea :).  Tubing, fans, and hdd cage are temporary.  

1555654_780983801931436_884770188_n.jpg? 

1964231_780983925264757_1347979724_n.jpg

1974522_780983945264755_915364350_n.jpg?

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Not the best quality pictures but you get the idea :).  Tubing, fans, and hdd cage are temporary.  

1555654_780983801931436_884770188_n.jpg?

1964231_780983925264757_1347979724_n.jpg

1974522_780983945264755_915364350_n.jpg?

Very nice, Are those corsair cables?

Very nice, Are those corsair cables?

Yea, I got them for $50ish w/ shipping and tax.  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Yea, I got them for $50ish w/ shipping and tax.  

Sweet, I am planning to get some as well. How are they?

Sweet, I am planning to get some as well. How are they?

They're nice quality cables, but not worth full price imo. Only thing that bothers me is the heat shrink, but it's not a entirely big deal.  I'd wait until there is a sale on them.  

Posted Image

First build

Posted Image

Partially done with second build.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

This topic makes me fell better and then worse about my management.  Looks ok from the fromt and then a huge freaking mess at the back.

Some of you guys a fecking ninja's.  You know who you are.  :ph34r:

Nothing to see here - move along.

And now i am sitting here, seeing that my cable management sucks ass! :D

I found an older pic where it looks surprisingly good imo. The USB 3.0 is bent behind the mobo tray meanwhile. I also don't own that GPU anymore and the wifi card has moved up by one PCIeslot, which means that it's cable also had to go further up.

My problem is that i have tons of little stuff. I have two LED strips which end at the back of the PSU and i had to route their cables between PCI slots and PSU (not in this pic) and it worked out quite tidy

But i have a fan controller in my 5.25" bay and the cable mess coming from it is ofc really bad (2 fan cables, 3 thermal sensors, power, usb)! i tried make the cables parallel an tie them down but there are so many! :D My DVD drive also worsenes this state.

What i absolutltey hate about my build is the region in front of the PSU. The layout of the modular cables is shit and i did my best to route them in a parallel manner. Also all the front panel connectors look shit. I have 3 USB connectors plugged (one more than in pic) which adds clutter.

I also thought about plasti dipping those little cables at the end because those rainbow colors are just awful!

Sleeving is currently out of my budget. sadly. :D

I don't have a pic of my back and don't want to open it tbh. looks terrible anyway.

post-31147-0-57337000-1394823903.jpg

who cares...

Here's my contribution. I dont think it's too bad considering it's not modular and it was my first time ever doing CM. Also tiny mobo in big ass case looks stupid, I was 15.

9dMTSt7.jpgrOpfK9q.jpg

Considering what I had to work with, I'm fairly happy with how my latest upgrade turned out.

IMG_1085.jpg
IMG_4005.jpg

I did go slightly OCD with my black tape. And then I ran out of black tape. Curses!

Have an upcoming build, for which I'm hoping to get a much cleaner result.

Too much is never enough.

First real build, this last month. Been in and out of the case a dozen times. Probably a dozen more still. xD 

managedpc_zps11e4ac0e.jpg

Back side is a hot mess. Lets just NOT see that. :3

First real build, this last month. Been in and out of the case a dozen times. Probably a dozen more still. xD 

Back side is a hot mess. Lets just NOT see that. :3

That is redmarkable! Without rubber gromets even! Very nice build!

btw. you can make the Audio Boost logo blood red instead of pink-ish by putting red electrical tape on it's inside. Idk if that pink is on purpose or if it's the lightting in the picture. :D

who cares...

C868DFE1-11F6-FF9E-955E14339225E723.JPG

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

I am sorry.....

Ok to be honest that's just a picture from Google.  ^_^

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Ok to be honest that's just a picture from Google.  ^_^

haha, I was hoping so.

And now i am sitting here, seeing that my cable management sucks ass! :D

I found an older pic where it looks surprisingly good imo. The USB 3.0 is bent behind the mobo tray meanwhile. I also don't own that GPU anymore and the wifi card has moved up by one PCIeslot, which means that it's cable also had to go further up.

My problem is that i have tons of little stuff. I have two LED strips which end at the back of the PSU and i had to route their cables between PCI slots and PSU (not in this pic) and it worked out quite tidy

But i have a fan controller in my 5.25" bay and the cable mess coming from it is ofc really bad (2 fan cables, 3 thermal sensors, power, usb)! i tried make the cables parallel an tie them down but there are so many! :D My DVD drive also worsenes this state.

What i absolutltey hate about my build is the region in front of the PSU. The layout of the modular cables is shit and i did my best to route them in a parallel manner. Also all the front panel connectors look shit. I have 3 USB connectors plugged (one more than in pic) which adds clutter.

I also thought about plasti dipping those little cables at the end because those rainbow colors are just awful!

Sleeving is currently out of my budget. sadly. :D

I don't have a pic of my back and don't want to open it tbh. looks terrible anyway.

what have you done in order to bend your USB 3.0 , i have  the same prob. i have 290trix but my usb 3.0 is block the way in my MOBO that's why i remove it. lol 

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

what have you done in order to bend your USB 3.0 , i have  the same prob. i have 290trix but my usb 3.0 is block the way in my MOBO that's why i remove it. lol 

tbh i never use my front USB ports so i went a bit #yolo on it and just bent it with force. It stays almost like this. Then i have strapped it down with a zip tie. :D

who cares...

tbh i never use my front USB ports so i went a bit #yolo on it and just bent it with force. It stays almost like this. Then i have strapped it down with a zip tie. :D

is it working?

is it working?

yes :P

Otherwise i would've unplugged it completeley.

who cares...

yes :P

Otherwise i would've unplugged it completeley.

thanks!~!

thanks!~!

I am not responsible for any damages that may occur when you atempt to do the same! :P

who cares...

That is redmarkable! Without rubber gromets even! Very nice build!

btw. you can make the Audio Boost logo blood red instead of pink-ish by putting red electrical tape on it's inside. Idk if that pink is on purpose or if it's the lightting in the picture. :D

Yeah I hadn't even really worried about that light. It's less noticable now than it was when I had orange lights in there. lol 

The corsair 230t graphite tower I'm using wasn't the..easiest.. thing to manage backside though. >_>