We made the SLOWEST NEW PC!

ColinLTT
3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

They never stated that was the point, hence all the confusion, they only said the slowest computer. Not to mention the whole video had the "cheapest computer" build feeling more than the slowest. If they proposed a better build like what is shown on the first page for basically the same amount of money then that would be different (and compare the 3), but instead they basically made a cheap under $350 computer sound like pure 💩. Which it doesn't have to be with the right setup.

I don't know I didn't find it confusing but it could be just me 🤣

But comparing three would have been nice but in all honesty 

They did compare to a PC while being twice as much but still it performed 15x times as good so that I would say  would make sense and it did at least to me 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, TofuHaroto said:

I don't know I didn't find it confusing but it could be just me 🤣

But comparing three would have been nice but in all honesty 

They did compare to a PC while being twice as much but still it performed 15x times as good so that I would say  would make sense and it did at least to me 

I wasn't confused as I know what they were trying to do (and failed), but there clearly is confusion among the viewers. Linus also stated in the video for the dual channel part that it wasn't within their "budget" to help smear the line between cheapest and slowest.

And something they really should have done, would have shown a properly built $300 computer would be better than buying "everything" to look like a gaming computer.

Yea, but they could have made the computer cheaper... The RAM being one as I linked cheaper ram at same specs, also after viewing the video it shows they are using a SMR drive in it which I personally would not use even tho for games load times it won't likely make a difference (but installs might make you want to gouge out your eyes). All in all the "cheapest" computer on the first page could easily function with the $130 card putting it to about $480 which is still cheaper than their version.

Also just noticed this...

image.png.76bbbb45ae98bae532ba71731d78983f.png

Funny... 🤦‍♂️Who ever did that likely did it deliberately, I hope...

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Also just noticed this...

image.png.76bbbb45ae98bae532ba71731d78983f.png

Funny... 🤦‍♂️Who ever did that likely did it deliberately, I hope...

Oh  yea the HDD 

Forgot about it lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Yea I'm still not accepting why there was any use for the GT210. Even with just 4 Gb ram the iGPU would have likely still been better, and no I cant find a GT210 anywhere to purchase brand new, cheapest you can get is a GT710. Cheapest with Display Port 1.4 if that matters is 550 non RX 64 bit, and mine can even run Civ VI with medium settings well.

You cant even defend is as someone making a bad purchase when you actually cant purchase one anywhere, the worst GPU you can currently buy is a GT710.

@StopLoctiteOnM.2Screws You can buy it here. Still doesn´t match that he said they are only going to use "technically modern" parts that are still produced. Even if it is still produced somewhere, wich i doubt, it still doesn´t match with the "technically modern" part.

I don´t get that this is defendend so hard here. They wanted to show how modern entry level hardware sucks and failed. So they put in an old card that doesn´t match their self applied rules. Can´t be more blatant. Also makes this video have zero value, with a cheap modern GPU the results would have been really interesting. The way they did it, the results where obvious as soon as he mentioned wich GPU he is going to use.

23 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@StopLoctiteOnM.2Screws You can buy it here. Still doesn´t match that he said they are only going to use "technically modern" parts that are still produced. Even if it is still produced somewhere, wich i doubt, it still doesn´t match with the "technically modern" part.

I don´t get that this is defendend so hard here. They wanted to show how modern entry level hardware sucks and failed. So they put in an old card that doesn´t match their self applied rules. Can´t be more blatant. Also makes this video have zero value, with a cheap modern GPU the results would have been really interesting. The way they did it, the results where obvious as soon as he mentioned wich GPU he is going to use.

No link, and even the link someone gave before to newegg had no product.

Regardless, it isnt being made anymore. Cheapest you can currently buy is GT710 / Radeon 550 64 bit.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Even if it is still produced somewhere, wich i doubt

What I've found only MSI has the 210 available on Amazon.com threw Amazon (being in Canada it is hard to tell on the US side), however Amazon.ca also only has the same gpu. So if anyone is still making it, it's MSI and only till their chips run dry which may have already happened. All we know they may have stopped production years ago and slowly selling off stock since pricing never changes.

1 hour ago, StopLoctiteOnM.2Screws said:

No link, and even the link someone gave before to newegg had no product.

Links you say? Ok...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003XM568I

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XM568I

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=104678

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-210-n210-md1g-d3/p/N82E16814127515?Item=N82E16814127515

Like I said only MSI, more than likely selling off the rest of the stock. A few months ago there where a few other options for the 210. Not denying the fact they are likely no longer being made however.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

What I've found only MSI has the 210 available on Amazon.com threw Amazon (being in Canada it is hard to tell on the US side), however Amazon.ca also only has the same gpu. So if anyone is still making it, it's MSI and only till their chips run dry which may have already happened. All we know they may have stopped production years ago and slowly selling off stock since pricing never changes.

Links you say? Ok...

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003XM568I

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XM568I

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=43_557_559&item_id=104678

https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-210-n210-md1g-d3/p/N82E16814127515?Item=N82E16814127515

Like I said only MSI, more than likely selling off the rest of the stock. A few months ago there where a few other options for the 210. Not denying the fact they are likely no longer being made however.

GT210 54 Canadian scmeckles, GT710 59 Canadian smeckles. However they arent available in the UK or EU Amazon or other sites.

And likely not even available in the US.

1 hour ago, StopLoctiteOnM.2Screws said:

GT210 54 Canadian scmeckles, GT710 59 Canadian smeckles. However they arent available in the UK or EU Amazon or other sites.

And likely not even available in the US.

Did you not see the US link I provided? I selected seller as Amazon.com, aka sold by Amazon. Not to mention the Newegg.com link.

Technically speaking it is on Amazon UK it's just being shipped from the US.

There is this being sold by a third party seller threw Amazon warehouse: https://www.amazon.co.uk/First4GraphicCards-EN210-SILENT-GeForce-Express-Graphics/dp/B083BX6C24/

Same with amazon.fr: https://www.amazon.fr/AFOX-Geforce-210-GeForce-1024/dp/B07K7VW52T/

Tho I do want to thank you for one thing. Today I learned Amazon Japan sells alcohol sadly I can't import Sake.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Did you not see the US link I provided? I selected seller as Amazon.com, aka sold by Amazon.

There is this being sold by a third party seller threw Amazon warehouse: https://www.amazon.co.uk/First4GraphicCards-EN210-SILENT-GeForce-Express-Graphics/dp/B083BX6C24/

Same with amazon.fr: https://www.amazon.fr/AFOX-Geforce-210-GeForce-1024/dp/B07K7VW52T/

Tho I do want to thank you for one thing. Today I learned Amazon Japan sells alcohol sadly I can't import Sake.

Honestly arguing about this will never end 

People will think what ever they want to think 

Build Log: 

36 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Did you not see the US link I provided? I selected seller as Amazon.com, aka sold by Amazon. Not to mention the Newegg.com link.

How did you even find that on UK amazon when searching for GT210 shows nothing? And actually the one you linked says 'buy used', so it isnt brand new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=GT210&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Regardless I've been searching for months now for a low end GPU and the GT210 doesnt come up anywhere, not even through google.

So I have no idea how people are managing to even find them.

So I actually found one thats brand new from Ebyer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GF210-DDR3-Graphics-Card/dp/B00DB42IAW/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=gt+210&qid=1590766080&sr=8-6

But it costs £6 more than a GT710 so why would anyone bother? Not only are they no longer in production, you have to go absolutely out of your way to try and find however few are available. If you dont know how to build a computer, you're not going to find a GT210 listing at all.

Even to begin with, why even bother adding a GPU to a build which already has a better APU??? Nobody is going to do that, no matter how few braincells you might think they have.

5 minutes ago, geo3 said:

This was a dumb video the GT210 is not from the current generation. Should have used a GTX 1650. 

It's talking about the worse value that you can get today 

The 1650 is not that 

I don't know what in the fuck do you not understand about that 

We have said it like a million types 

Build Log: 

Something I didn't see mentioned, the HDD, was it 7200RPM, or 5400RPM?

Since we're talking about slowest, it would only be fair to get the slowest HDD possible.

And if we really want to get funky, 4200RPM HDDs are made, but in PATA format and need an adapter to connect to SATA

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

It's talking about the worse value that you can get today 

The 1650 is not that 

I don't know what in the fuck do you not understand about that 

We have said it like a million types 

I will say a million times that he said "technically modern" wich does not apply to the GT210. @Egg-Roll

If you don´t wanna see that they wanted to deliver their message that entry level hardware sucks, with brute force here, you are blind.

And that a product is still beeing sold, doesn´t mean it is still getting produced.

2 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

will say a million times that he said "technically modern" wich does not apply to the GT210

Technically modern can imply many things

Not just modern as in like recent gen or 2 -1 years old

Build Log: 

Yeah, it can mean that. Not in that context and the way he said it tough. Who tf in the tech scene uses the term "technically modern" for a card that old? @TofuHaroto

What ever, you guys only see what you want to see. I would laugh my ass of, if they soon start to sell all the old, used hardware they have in storage, after saying how much better used one is, compared to entry level.

This reminded me a little of the "No Dollar Wasted" video when I watched it.

I love that one for some reason.  I think because I'm a cheap skate. 😆

What I would love to see is a new LTT video using intel and how cheap can you go and still play BF5, PubG and other shooters on basic high level at 60 FPS. 

I mean what is the absolute basement on that using an intel cpu and nvidia graphics? 

Cheapest everything hardware for a shooter gaming pc with current titles not just old stuff.

I would love to watch that video build. 🤪

I feel all happy just thinking about it. 🙃

5 hours ago, StopLoctiteOnM.2Screws said:

How did you even find that on UK amazon when searching for GT210 shows nothing? And actually the one you linked says 'buy used', so it isnt brand new.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=GT210&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Regardless I've been searching for months now for a low end GPU and the GT210 doesnt come up anywhere, not even through google.

So I have no idea how people are managing to even find them.

So I actually found one thats brand new from Ebyer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GF210-DDR3-Graphics-Card/dp/B00DB42IAW/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=gt+210&qid=1590766080&sr=8-6

But it costs £6 more than a GT710 so why would anyone bother? Not only are they no longer in production, you have to go absolutely out of your way to try and find however few are available. If you dont know how to build a computer, you're not going to find a GT210 listing at all.

Even to begin with, why even bother adding a GPU to a build which already has a better APU??? Nobody is going to do that, no matter how few braincells you might think they have.

So it does say used, also don't believe ebay till you get it and it is 100% sealed, but even then I would be sceptical. as for how, it's likely due to inventory after production. Since USA is a large market it makes sense to ship it there, for how Canada has them as well. Well that might be due to people not buying them or maybe enough buying power to ship units up here.

I will say a million times that he said "technically modern" wich does not apply to the GT210. @Egg-Roll

If you don´t wanna see that they wanted to deliver their message that entry level hardware sucks, with brute force here, you are blind.

Linus said or as modern as we could get or something along those lines. Their requirements in the video where stuff in production which while the 210 isn't anymore who says it wasn't when this video was shot? All that is needed is 1 manufacture to be producing them at time of filming their claims are technically true, equally because a few months ago there where a few 210's to of been bought in Canada/USA new in stores from various manufactures Linus (or whoever created the video) could have made the mistake in assuming the 210 was still in production. Linus in that case may not of known the unit in question was not in production due to poor research from his team, since he reads a script from a propter.

Compared to most of the stuff he touches on? Yes they are pure 💩, however the computers from https://pcpartpicker.com/ on page 1 of this topic, they are not really that bad, hell the cpu Linus even chose less its igpu is still a good cpu for gaming. It is about 30% worst (depending where you look) than my old 3570k which is still a awesome gaming cpu, therefore the 3000G is a fairly good cpu if paired with a proper set of ram and a gpu. I'm not the one who is blind here ;) While yes the 3000G's igpu stucks for games, I am not convinced Linus and friends adequately adjusted the settings for such a gpu, in fact I know so. Seriously who in their right mind would ever expect either a $50 cpu or gpu to function at those settings and still be playable?

image.png.17a4279ef9c2fa25bd7e9ff090924901.png

Based on this video the iGPU should be able to do 30fps at 720 easily. While not 1080, for $300 all in, one can't go wrong.

This video shows what it can do in CSGO

Simply put it's a killer deal for a cheap gaming computer, in fact techncially Linus built a killer sub $300 gaming computer in the sense of not needing anything new and you skip the 210 all together.

Linus made the shittiest computer possible, but by using 1 outdated component and by not setting settings in games appropriate to the specs of said equipment. Think of it like this for $300 you get a computer that can play games at 30fps on 720 at least for the most part with lowest settings. For someone with basically no cash (asking/begging family to buy them a computer, after all if you are 13 years old it's illegal to work in many places in the world, the 300 all in one looks appealing in that sense) that is a great deal for all new parts and a easy build, esp if they never built a computer before it limits the potential of damaging anything. Linus deliberately failed to account for the lack luster ability of both the 210 and the iGPU itself then putting in a SMR drive installing both a OS and games onto it potentially not stopping windows update causing bottlenecks on the drives write times which could affect read times as well.

FYI the 710 can also do 1080 30-60fps in CS GO as well... Assuming you set settings right. CS GO may be able to be played on a 210 on lowest at 30fps however screen capture videos on youtube make it seem like it can't, and no I am not testing it on mine, as that would require to grab my Pentium 4 put a new drive in it install windows then CS GO and attempt to play it. For what to prove both you and Linus wrong? While I would love to do that my time is worth more than that little amount of happiness.

It was exactly the term "technically modern" and choosing a GPU that is produced in one factory strenghtens my point that they wanted a certain result and did everything to get it. Everything else is way newer in this build. Gotta love how you write walls of text and don´t even know what he exactly said.

And no one in the whole tech scene would use the word "modern" for a GT210, let alone the term "technically modern" That card is basically medieval stuff in terms of PC parts. Saying the GT210 is a modern card is straight forward lying.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

That card is basically medieval stuff in terms of PC parts.

If you want to be SOOOOOO specific about terms being used 

Then this is bull shit 

Don't try to be such a smart ass and then say shit like this it clearly "doesn't make sense" 

Build Log: 

The word basically suggests that this is a term used to make a point in discussion as a comparison. Semantics and you don´t know each other, i guess.

But here you go: The GT210 is an old piece of hardware that is in no scenario that you can think of a modern card. Especially you can´t count it as valid if the self applied rules are using only "technically modern" parts and all the other parts are way newer.

@TofuHaroto

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It was exactly the term "technically modern" and choosing a GPU that is produced in one factory strenghtens my point that they wanted a certain result and did everything to get it. Everything else is way newer in this build. Gotta love how you write walls of text and don´t even know what he exactly said.

And no one in the whole tech scene would use the word "modern" for a GT210, let alone the term "technically modern" That card is basically medieval stuff in terms of PC parts. Saying the GT210 is a modern card is straight forward lying.

So you want to get specific eh?

I feel like I should clarify that the parts that we picked were not necessarily the slowest ones that we could find, but rather that we limited ourselves to things that are currently in production.

So the slowest, brand new, and technically modern parts that you can build.

So let's break down this shale we?

clarify: making one's point clear and hopefully not misunderstood.

not necessarily the slowest ones that we could find: Simply put not the worst of the worst.

we limited ourselves to things that are currently in production: While no longer likely true at time of release if it was true at time of filming (as stated) or even at time of writing the script it was at the time true.

So the slowest, brand new, and technically modern parts that you can build: The last part for his clarification. His technically modern in this video is not "true" technically modern. His technically modern is similar to the Type 1 VW Bug which was still in production till 2003, so someone saying the Type 1 as a technically modern car while owning a 2002 model in year 2003 would still be correct, same with Linus and his 210 claims however he limited himself to something still in production which like I've stated may have been in production (being in production is still being in production) at either time of writing or time of filming.

Now all that said if someone assumed seeing 2-3 different vendors and assumed it was still in production, then that was a failure on their end. Neither you or I have any way of knowing if they are still being produced or not. Someone claimed WD wouldn't be producing the 8TB Helium drives anymore and that 2019 will be the last time you'll see them yet I just shucked a Feb 2020 from my MyBook, aka if they don't want people to know they are still making something they really shouldn't, they sure as hell ain't going to tell you, let alone a mass media company like LMG.

So does this mean I am to expect another person to come up 5 years from now whining about how nothing in this video is "technically modern" because they watched it when they did?

You would be right if he wouldn´t have used the term "technically modern". In no way that can be applied to a GT210. Doesn´t matter if it still get´s produced or not. He pairs it with a Athlon3000G. Following your logic he should have used a Celeron single core. Those can still be bought. And a lot of other CPU´s that are way older than the one he used. I mean come on, that´s a next level noob move he made on purpose, not even people who have only a bit of an idea would pair that, simply due to the age of the card. Even PC Noobs know that. 

PC parts age faster than most other things we know, comparing them to other things doesn´t really work. And the original beetle, not bug btw,  (i think we both are german native speakers btw, could that be?) was not a technically modern car in 2002 or 1990 for that matter.

A good video with an informative value would have been using a cheap card that is max. 3 years old instead of digging up some dinosaur to get the wanted result.

You would be right if he wouldn´t have used the term "technically modern". In no way that can be applied to a GT210. Doesn´t matter if it still get´s produced or not. He pairs it with a Athlon3000G. Following your logic he should have used a Celeron single core. Those can still be bought. And a lot of other CPU´s that are way older than the one he used. I mean come on, that´s a next level noob move he made on purpose, not even people who have only a bit of an idea would pair that, simply due to the age of the card. Even PC Noobs know that. 

PC parts age faster than most other things we know, comparing them to other things doesn´t really work. And the original beetle, not bug btw,  (i think we both are german native speakers btw, could that be?) was not a technically modern car in 2002 or 1990 for that matter.

A good video with an informative value would have been using a cheap card that is max. 3 years old instead of digging up some dinosaur to get the wanted result.

Under the assumption of either the team made a mistake assuming it was in production or one manufacture was producing it the 210 would fall under the videos definition as defined by Linus, which is why it is technically modern in this video under his specific definition of what technically modern is, while in real life it is really old. Where your example of the single core Celeron is not being made anymore and wouldn't fall under the videos definition. It's why Linus pointed it out so early in the video, now like I said we don't know if the card was truly in production at any point during the videos creation, if not then the team at LTT failed and should have used the 710. However imo they failed anyways, because they didn't treat the $50 iGPU/GPU as such 

My point with the Type 1 wasn't about how a 1960's car could be still relevant in 2003, but how the Type 1 was still technically modern in 2003 because it was still being produced even tho it is mostly based on 40+ year old parts/design, basically what Linus did in the video with the 210. Nope not German, just always called it a bug.

If you ask me as long as the 210 was still in production at any time of the creation of this video it's "fair game" but even if it was still in production what LTT did with it to make it look like a hot steaming pile of 💩 is unfair to even the 210 itself. While I never personally gamed on mine it is a fairly "ok" card for a cheap gamer, now I would always tell them stick with the iGPU and save the $50 or if you really want to buy something buy the 710 or 1030(on sale). What I didn't like about this video is Linus and friends leaving the settings at high knowing full well such a card couldn't play any game beyond maybe WoW or C&C (up to 2001) at such settings.

Now I do have access to my P4 and my server will not be needing the SSD in it (no need to a cache disk) so I could use that SSD for it to test my P4 and 210 for gaming, but I'm still reluctant too. If Linus actually took into account that such a cheap card wouldn't play on high settings it would have actually done good in the challenge. However I can't help but think they deliberately made the 210 look like a hot mess by doing so, which is unfair, it's also unfair to the iGPU as well.