COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

-= Topic Cleaned =-

Stay on topic.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

58 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

If/when something like this comes out of my area i wont be offended if my areas name is attatched to it in a nickname. Why would i? 

Spanish flu = American flu = killed millions of people world wide.

7 minutes ago, Deli said:

Spanish flu = American flu = killed millions of people world wide.

its been a while since ive read up on the Spanish flu but i believe there was evidence to support it originating somewhere in the midwest of the US.

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

Covid-19: symptoms may be neurological

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

A very bad news regarding the symptoms and possible side-effects of CoVid-19.

Friend of mine ended up in hospital and into an MRI becasue of complete confusion, loss of speech and vision etc while sick from it so yeah that sounds like he had that form of it...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just read an AMA from a senator in my state.

We have a dumb-ass system for liquor. You cant buy it at a standard grocery store but only from state ran liquor stores. But they have deemed them essential so they will remain open.

Ho-ray for small miracles  lol.

I know alot of people that would you crazy being sober all the time during all of this.

Followed Chula Vista city councilman Steve Padilla’s story since he was first diagnosed. Mentioned him in this thread and the previous one. He now gives an interview during recovery with the news crew that he talked to 3 days before he was hospitalized. He lost 27 lbs passed 2 weeks.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Cant figure out how to delete the video on mobile. But if you watch take with a grain of salt.

* video removed *

Edited by wkdpaul

2 hours ago, RonnieOP said:

Not saying this is true as its not been verified but with the amount of fucked up shit going on everywhere i can honestly say i wouldnt be too surprised.

* video removed *

Woman claims people being cremated alive out of fear they will spread the virus.

Source seems Falun Gong associated, not good.

That said the Chinese are clearly lying. 

Edited by wkdpaul

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

9 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

Source seems Falun Gong associated, not good.

That said the Chinese are clearly lying. 

Yeah im not familiar at all with the news outlet. So cant say at all how reliable they are.

But after everything we have seen done nothing that happens over there surprises me.

🤦‍♀️

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

you gotta stop sharing stuff you haven't taken the task of verifying.

Most of this thread is stuff that hasnt been verified, not peer reviewed, or anecdotal. 

I posted that its not been verified and the outlet even says so. 

If we remove all the news articles and studies posted and the conversation about them 90% of this thread wouldnt be here.

2 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Most of this thread is stuff that hasnt been verified, not peer reviewed, or anecdotal. 

I posted that its not been verified and the outlet even says so. 

If we remove all the news articles and studies posted and the conversation about them 90% of this thread wouldnt be here.

There's a difference between unverified events posted by mainstream media, and propaganda.

That video is exactly that : propaganda. Falun Gong created outlets that pretty much uses the same Chinese Government propaganda technique. While I agree the Chinese gov is a shit entity, using the same propaganda method isn't going to work in their favor, just like it doesn't work in the Chinese gov favor.

Let's try to limit the BS propaganda that Epoch Times and NTD news is vomiting. I'm sure you wouldn't post something from Russia Today, or even the Chinese government news networks if it was as sensationalists as this.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

There's a difference between unverified events posted by mainstream media, and propaganda.

That video is exactly that : propaganda. Falun Gong created outlets that pretty much uses the same Chinese Government propaganda technique. While I agree the Chinese gov is a shit entity, using the same propaganda method isn't going to work in their favor, just like it doesn't work in the Chinese gov favor.

Let's try to limit the BS propaganda that Epoch Times and NTD news is vomiting. I'm sure you wouldn't post something from Russia Today, or even the Chinese government news networks if it was as sensationalists as this.

Like i said. I know nothing of the news outlet. It popped up on my youtube recommendations. 

They might no be reliable. But i could say that about a lot of the news articles and videos published in this thread.

I honestly couldnt think of an outlet that would be universally agreed doesnt have a bias motivation when they report on something.

Couldn't find an English source yet, but the Montreal Orthodox Jewish community YET AGAIN makes the news for the coronavirus. Police intercepted a 200-people gathering, they were protesting a complication regarding food delivery.

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2020/04/07/rassemblement-disperse-dans-la-communaute-tosh

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

There is something called "rational thinking"... I'm not even talking about "critical thinking" here! The master word here being "thinking"...

Please learn how to use that.

12 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Like i said. I know nothing of the news outlet. It popped up on my youtube recommendations. 

They might no be reliable. But i could say that about a lot of the news articles and videos published in this thread.

I honestly couldnt think of an outlet that would be universally agreed doesnt have a bias motivation when they report on something.

You're missing the point, biased ≠ propaganda.

Biased = portraying something in a favorable / unfavorable light.

Propaganda = making stuff up and creating events that never happened.

Biased news would be left / right news outlets, reporting on events but with omissions to fit their narrative, propaganda would be like the news about 5G cell networks helping the spread of COVID, it's all made up and the video shared comes from 2019 in HK when protesters destroyed surveillance equipment, one is something about an actual event, with a biased reporting, the other is made-up. NTD News and Epoch Times are the propaganda type of news.

If you think an article quoting a scientific journal, or an article reporting on events that actually took place with verifiable source is propaganda, then the issue isn't with the media company you're quoting.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

There is something called "rational thinking"... I'm not even talking about "critical thinking" here! The master word here being "thinking"...

Please learn how to use that.

I was being rational. Hence why i clearly stated that i know nothing on the news outlets reliability.

The outlet in the video even made sure to say that it has not been verified. 

Anybody looking in to any of the posted material here should not take it at face value. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, BBC (sorry dont know many news outlets of other nations) etc should all be taken with a grain of salt. They are all horrible as a whole with bias.

Hell at this point id take the WHO information with a grain of salt.

Thinking goes both ways. On what you show being reported and what you decide to trust. 

Theres soo much random information going around right now that its sonewhat theraputic to talk about it. But i would never say believe all of it.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/24-year-old-with-no-underlying-health-conditions-dies-12-days-after-covid-19-symptoms

No underlying health condition you say.... The dude is morbidly obese. Thats a major underlying health condition. Wish news media would stop trying to pass off clear underlying health conditions as nothing. Obese people have trouble breathing just sitting in a chair much less with this virus. Makes me think how many of the cases with young people dying are truly no underlying health conditions. I want to see the age death stats and the age ventilator and hospitalization states verses just getting sick and recovering at home stats. If its mostly people my parents age and up I have no prob stuffing my parents at home for the next 4 months while the rest of us develope herd immunity and not destroy the economy any further. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

You're missing the point, biased ≠ propaganda.

Biased = portraying something in a favorable / unfavorable light.

Propaganda = making stuff up and creating events that never happened.

Biased news would be left / right news outlets, reporting on events but with omissions to fit their narrative, propaganda would be like the news about 5G cell networks helping the spread of COVID, it's all made up and the video shared comes from 2019 in HK when protesters destroyed surveillance equipment, one is something about an actual event, with a biased reporting, the other is made-up. NTD News and Epoch Times are the propaganda type of news.

If you think an article quoting a scientific journal, or an article reporting on events that actually took place with verifiable source is propaganda, then the issue isn't with the media company you're quoting.

But it can be and is propaganda. You saw earlier clear propaganda when news sources were claiming a hospital denied a patient due to no insurance which lead to their death.

That was 100% propaganda due to policy bias. It was a straight up lie. Sources dont negate something being propaganda. 

But i dont wanna derail this thread with this convo. Me posting that video wasnt to push any idea. It was a report from a news outlet i found interesting. Posted it. Maybe someone saw it and would add something to disprove it or they would prove it.  

9 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/24-year-old-with-no-underlying-health-conditions-dies-12-days-after-covid-19-symptoms

No underlying health condition you say.... The dude is morbidly obese. Thats a major underlying health condition. Wish news media would stop trying to pass off clear underlying health conditions as nothing. Obese people have trouble breathing just sitting in a chair much less with this virus. Makes me think how many of the cases with young people dying are truly no underlying health conditions. I want to see the age death stats and the age ventilator and hospitalization states verses just getting sick and recovering at home stats. If its mostly people my parents age and up I have no prob stuffing my parents at home for the next 4 months while the rest of us develope herd immunity and not destroy the economy any further. 

With the limited amount of data collected and with the people collecting data having different definitions of "underlying conditions" or "mild symptoms"  i doubt we ever have data that is accurate. Too many factors at play.

Your idea on opening the economy back up i agree with. We all know a lockdown is not sustainable. And we cant have a world wide economic crash be the solution.

I strongly believe that places are going to open up sooner rather than later. Virus or no virus  

5 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Makes me think how many of the cases with young people dying are truly no underlying health conditions

This one stuck with me when I first read it in mid March,

He is not your typical critically ill coronavirus patient, but 25-year-old Jack Allard is fighting for his life nonetheless, according to his mother. He spent days in a medically induced coma and on a ventilator, and was recently moved from Hackensack Meridian Health JFK Medical Center in Edison to a hospital in Pennsylvania where he is expected to receive a new experimental treatment for COVID-19, his family said.

“He had (an) incredibly high fever, back pain, and he was throwing up,” Genny Allard told PIX 11.

Her son didn’t have a cough, which is normally associated with the respiratory virus, she said. Plus, he is an active, healthy, young person and a former two-time All-America lacrosse player at Bates College in Maine.

He’s not overweight, he exercises weekly,” she said during an appearance on Fox News. “Jack has nothing. He’s not asthmatic, he’s completely healthy.”

She has also noted he didn’t smoke or vape and took his health “very seriously.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-20200325-z2xsr4xjkrb6jd5ub2vr6goneu-story.html

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Just now, RonnieOP said:

With the limited amount of data collected and with the people collecting data having different definitions of "underlying conditions" or "mild symptoms"  i doubt we ever have data that is accurate. Too many factors at play.

Your idea on opening the economy back up i agree with. We all know a lockdown is sustainable. And we cant have a world wide economic crash be the solution.

I strongly believe that places are going to open up sooner rather than later. Virus or no virus  

“Ever”? Less likely.  I personally would go with “not at the moment”. Science takes a lot of time and the amount learned from a specific test is usually very small.  Science can be indicative but is basically never definitive, and a paper takes months or years to write.  The screw of knowledge keeps turning though.  The deal with science is it can’t prove things to be true, it can only prove things to be false.   The way science moves towards truth is by finding hundreds or thousands of points of falsehood around an area. Doing so gives a general idea of the shape of the blank space.  Kind of like spray paint and a stencil.  Thousands and thousands of dots of paint.  It’s slow, it’s partial, and it’s imperfect. Worse it’s done by humans with all the problems inherent.  It’s what we got though.  PhD stands for “doctor of philosophy” after all.  Or “piled higher and deeper”. Both perhaps.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

15 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

I was being rational.

If you had been in the first place you wouldn't even have posted this video.

Rule posted in Original Post:

No conspiracy theories (hoax, bioweapon, etc...), there are PLENTY of facts published by reputable scientist and science teams,

Seems to me as this video sticks to what is in bold cited here above...

It's not the first time, it's getting old...