COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

“Ever”? Less likely.  I personally would go with “not at the moment”. Science takes a lot of time and the amount learned from a specific test is usually very small.  Science can be indicative but is basically never definitive, and a paper takes months or years to write.  The screw of knowledge keeps turning though.  The deal with science is it can’t prove things to be true, it can only prove things to be false.   The way science moves towards truth is by finding hundreds or thousands of points of falsehood around an area. Doing so gives a general idea of the shape of the blank space.  Kind of like spray paint and a stencil.  Thousands and thousands of dots of paint.  It’s slow, it’s partial, and it’s imperfect. Worse it’s done by humans with all the problems inherent.  It’s what we got though.  PhD stands for “doctor of philosophy” after all.  Or “piled higher and deeper”. Both perhaps.

The reason i say "ever" is because its already too late to gather all the factual information needed to be anything other then somewhat accurate.

Like i said. Deoending on whos entering in information what is considered "mild symptoms" and "underlying condition" will be different. 

Not to mention theres no way autopsies are going to be done on every death.

Im not saying we wont have an educated guess we will. But theres no way we will have real accurate stats.

2 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

If you had been in the first place you wouldn't even have posted this video.

Rule posted in Original Post:

Seems to me as this video sticks to what is in bold cited here above...

It's not the first time, it's getting old...

If youd like to discuss it you can dm me. You seem to have some weird personally issue with me for some reason even though i have no clue who you are. 

Like i said i can point to a number of things posted in this thread thats not valid or a "hoax" . 

But as i mentioned earlier im not trying to derail the convo. I wont reply to anything about that again and mods have the power to delete everything about it if they wish.  

10 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

With the limited amount of data collected and with the people collecting data having different definitions of "underlying conditions" or "mild symptoms"  i doubt we ever have data that is accurate. Too many factors at play.

Your idea on opening the economy back up i agree with. We all know a lockdown is not sustainable. And we cant have a world wide economic crash be the solution.

I strongly believe that places are going to open up sooner rather than later. Virus or no virus  

Honestly if we dont start opening it back up after April the damage to the economy will be worse then just letting people get the corona virus. Whats the point if people have no jobs to go back to and they become homeless. Back in 08 we had people jumping off buildings for less then the economic damage we have now. The biggest problem we have with having things open is people dont know that masks are supposed to stay on your damn face. At my job customers constantly only use their mask sitting in their car but when they go up to talk to you they take their masks off. Like WTF if you cant figure out how to properly use a mask your not protecting yourself or others just give all your PPE to the hospitals cause you clearly dont need to be wasting equipment. 

9 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Literally all the stories I ever saw in the news it was either prior health condition or "No health condition" but they fail to report they have quad chins or something else they are clearly trying to spin a narrative that young people are just as at risk as people my parents age and up when that simply isnt the case. Plus theres probably a whole lot of people who have it and didnt even know their mild case of the sniffles was corona virus. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

4 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Honestly if we dont start opening it back up after April the damage to the economy will be worse then just letting people get the corona virus. Whats the point if people have no jobs to go back to and they become homeless. Back in 08 we had people jumping off buildings for less then the economic damage we have now. 

I know the politicians in my area are already talking about opening back up.

I personally dont see them keeping things shut down for more then a few more weeks.

Food banks are already dry, 30% of renters in my area have not been able to pay aprils rent, and a number of businesses have been forced to close for good.

Its to the point where people are not even afraid of the virus anymore. They are afraid of starving to death homeless when this is all said and done.

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

I know the politicians in my area are already talking about opening back up.

I personally dont see them keeping things shut down for more then a few more weeks.

Food banks are already dry, 30% of renters in my area have not been able to pay aprils rent, and a number of businesses have been forced to close for good.

Its to the point where people are not even afraid of the virus anymore. They are afraid of starving to death homeless when this is all said and done.

Yeah you make people choose between not having a home and food or getting this virus which if they are not old will probably have mild flue like symptoms and theyll choose the virus each time. I feel bad for the people who started their own business only to have to shutdown and go bankrupt over this. My thoughts are keep the vulnerable and old at home where they belong and let the rest of work and keep the economy going!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yeah you make people choose between not having a home and food or getting this virus which if they are not old will probably have mild flue like symptoms and theyll choose the virus each time. I feel bad for the people who started their own business only to have to shutdown and go bankrupt over this. My thoughts are keep the vulnerable and old at home where they belong and let the rest of work and keep the economy going!

They will need to have some sort of programs set up to help the people that are at risk. Which will take time.

But with a vaccine being 12 months of more away i dont know what else they can do.

Now maybe we get lucky and may comes are the virus has died down to a point where all that isnt needed. 

If people have to choose between the virus and being able to house and feed themselves then the government is massively failing at its main role - protecting the population.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

If people have to choose between the virus and being able to house and feed themselves then the government is massively failing at its main role - protecting the population.

Theres only so much government can do.

Its not like they can just print money and hand it to people to pay their bills for a year. I mean technically they could. But in the long run that wont do any good for us.

I have a lot of criticism for government. But nobody could have been prepared for this.

My main role as a father is to protect my daughters. But if someone cuts off my limbs what can i be expected to do? 

46 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Plus theres probably a whole lot of people who have it and didnt even know their mild case of the sniffles was corona virus. 

Which is exactly why this virus is so dangerous... people are unintentionally spreading it to the vulnerable population without even knowing. Which is why some counties like Riverside have orders  for the general public to wear face coverings when going outside.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/california-county-threatens-1k-fine-for-not-wearing-face-masks-in-public/

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

4 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Which is exactly why this virus is so dangerous... people are unintentionally spreading it to the vulnerable population without even knowing. Which is why some counties like Riverside have orders  for the general public to wear face coverings when going outside.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/california-county-threatens-1k-fine-for-not-wearing-face-masks-in-public/

That would be great but people dont properly use masks cause the general public are morons.

12 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That would be great but people dont properly use masks cause the general public are morons.

Also LA county passed a new mandate Friday that essential businesses can turn away customers who are not wearing face masks. Hope it comes to SD soon.

Edited by PhantomJaguar77

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

56 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

My thoughts are keep the vulnerable and old at home where they belong and let the rest of work and keep the economy going!

I have no words for this...

Makes me wonder if you've even read the sum of information you can find in this thread and the other one...

6 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Also LA county passed a new mandate Friday that essential businesses can turn away customers who are not wearing face masks. Hope it comes to SD soon.

My work wouldnt let me never mind the laws. I dont even get hazard pay nor do I get paid if I get sick!

4 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Yup general public are stupid even scarier you realize our leaders are just as stupid.

21 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Theres only so much government can do.

Its not like they can just print money and hand it to people to pay their bills for a year. I mean technically they could. But in the long run that wont do any good for us.

I have a lot of criticism for government. But nobody could have been prepared for this.

My main role as a father is to protect my daughters. But if someone cuts off my limbs what can i be expected to do? 

Re: there is only so much the government can do

true.  The problem is a lot of them are doing less than that, and they’re doing it for more money, generally.  This actually makes a lot of sense if they don’t consider all people to be citizens.  In the US very rich political contributors got warned in January.  They were the citizens.  If you didn’t get a warning it’s real simple: it means the government in question don’t consider you such.  You’re not people you’re cattle to them.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Makes me wonder if you've even read the sum of information you can find in this thread and the other one...

This is what I'm living now and non of my parents got it from me because I wash me damn hands and dont touch my face. Essential workers dont have a choice. Yet on a zoom meeting my classmates say this and that got the virus yet they just stay indoors so idk.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Re: there is only so much the government can do

true.  The problem is a lot of them are doing less than that, and they’re doing it for more money, generally.  This actually makes a lot of sense if they don’t consider all people to be citizens.  In the US very rich political contributors got warned in January.  They were the citizens.  If you didn’t get a warning it’s real simple: it means the government in question don’t consider you such.  You’re not people you’re cattle to them.

It's a tad more complicated than that 🙂

It depends also on the personality of the one who's in charge.

You can see it in the US, GB, Brazil and other countries. If you deny there's a problem you won't prepare for that, in addition to the "it's far away, it's not here so why should I worry?" attitude.

5 minutes ago, Cora_Lie said:

Nobody is saying its the perfect solution. Its a shit situation.

But theres no denying that most people are not going to die from it. Yes there are some healthy young people that will. But they are the minority. 

They are going to have to weigh the pros and cons of any decision they make.

But i have yet to see anyone claim that lockdown is sustainable. Im not saying open up tomorrow. But its going to have to happen. There is no two ways about it.

Letting the world economy crash isnt a viable solution to the problem here. 

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

This is what I'm living now and non of my parents got it from me because I wash me damn hands and dont touch my face. Essential workers dont have a choice. Yet on a zoom meeting my classmates say this and that got the virus yet they just stay indoors so idk.

Have you been tested, if your parents got it (that's what you imply)?

Just now, Cora_Lie said:

Have you been tested, if your parents got it (that's what you imply)?

No my parents didnt get anything and I'm fine. I was saying I go to work and nothings happened to me or my coworkers and their families. Yet I hear people who stay indoors getting it from my classmates etc.

25 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Yeah it bothers me people aren't wearing a mask correctly, or keep touching them. It's not that hard to make sure the nose is covered with a cloth type mask, or making sure the metal strip is tight around the nose with the N95 type masks, and I've heard once you touch it you have to consider your hands contaminated.

15 minutes ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

-video snip-

This would only work if the state or county supplied everyone with masks, cause most people can't even buy masks.

Just now, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah it bothers me people aren't wearing a mask correctly, or keep touching them. It's not that hard to make sure the nose is covered with a cloth type mask, or making sure the metal strip is tight around the nose with the N95 type masks, and I've heard once you touch it you have to consider your hands contaminated.

This would only work if the state or county supplied everyone with masks, cause most people can't even buy masks.

Yeah. I highly doubt they would get away with collecting any of those fines in court unless they are providing ppe 

Seems like more of a scare tactic to get people to comply. Even in the statements you can kinda see them already back peddling.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

No my parents didnt get anything and I'm fine. I was saying I go to work and nothings happened to me or my coworkers and their families. Yet I hear people who stay indoors getting it from my classmates etc.

Ok... So you^re aware that simply washing your hands and not touching your face is not the ultimate shield against catching it, yes?

It can help not getting it, but in no way will it prevent you from catching it.

Among the last theories is the fact that it can be transmitted simply by breathing and talking. That's why they strongly recommend now to wear a mask.

1 minute ago, Cora_Lie said:

Regarding "if you're young you'll only catch it if you have an underlying issue" thing:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/08/young-people-coronavirus-deaths/

If you don't have access to the full article, just say so and I'll post it here.

I think you are misunderstanding what we are saying.

Nobody is claiming (or atleast shouldnt be) that just because you are young and healthy you have a 0% risk. The chances are just much slimmer. 

People are going to die no matter what we do. Theres is no way around that. Now they are going to have to see how we can have the least amount of deaths while also making sure we dont have another great depression world wide (which would lead to deaths as well).