The Last of Us 2. Will you be buying it now ?

SolarNova

Greetings.

I'm interested to know how many of u are still going to get The Last of Us 2, now that the plot and major story events have been leaked by NaughtyDog employees and revealed to not only be very 'identity/gender politics' driven but also just 'bad'* in general ?

*Later part of the statement above based on overall fan response so far.

My thoughts:

Spoiler

I have to agree with what i've seen youtubers, and other fans say about the leaked plot and major story events. That its a spit in the face to the original game, that the identify and gender politics on display ruin it further still. Its a damn shame, the original was a good story driven game, better than many i'd seen in a long while. I certainly wont be going near it.

TLDR of leaks:

Spoiler

You were warned:

Spoiler

Joel is killed, by a very very butch non feminine (trans) 'woman'

Joel isnt a playable character

Ellie's sexuality is a big part of the story.

The butch female 'killer' is ,in the end, the new protagonist and the 2nd playable character after Ellie

Ellie is also supposedly killed. (this as it turns out is something planned for future games/DLC)

I wont be linking the source of the 'leaks' here, its rather easy to find it as its new and being talked about a lot online currently.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

NO. I dont like crunch crush chrus games.

i have not seen the  game yet, but feels like i played thousand of times already.

The first game did... Well it did not impress me too much.

People hyped it up for having such a great story, but I felt like the characters were mostly unejoyable and the gameplay was meh.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The 1st game was playable for some time on PC, and via emulation.

Last i heard the 2nd one was coming to PC.

Perhaps i should re-post this topic in the console thread aswell.. Yea.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

13 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Greetings.

I'm interested to know how many of u are still going to get The Last of Us 2, now that the plot and story have been leaked by NaughtyDog employees and revealed to not only be very 'identity/gender politics' driven but also just 'bad'* in general ?

*Later part of the statement above based on overall fan response so far.

My thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

I have to agree with what i've seen youtubers, and other fans say about the leaked plot and major story events. That its a spit in the face to the original game, that the identify and gender politics on display ruin it further still. Its a damn shame, the original was a good story driven game, better than many i'd seen in a long while. I certainly wont be going near it.

TLDR of leaks:

Reveal hidden contents

You were warned:

Reveal hidden contents

Joel is killed, by a very very butch non feminine 'woman'

Joel isnt a playable character

Ellie's sexuality is a big part of the story.

The butch female 'killer' is ,in the end, the new protagonist and the 2nd playable character after Ellie

Ellie is also supposedly killed.

I wont be linking the source of the 'leaks' here, its rather easy to find it as its new and being talked about a lot online currently.

this should be moved to console gaming by admin.

The last of us 1 was good, especially the multiplayer. it is the only console multiplayer that i have played since Killzone 2 and socom confrontation all those years ago. 

I have no plans to read the leaks and yes I am planning to buy the game.

Besides, surely judging the game based on leaked story is rather like judging a book by its cover.  Its how it actually plays out in the game that is important.

I've seen plenty of movie synopsis that sounded crap but were actually good when I watched them.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

4 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

The 1st game was playable for some time on PC, and via emulation.

Last i heard the 2nd one was coming to PC.

Perhaps i should re-post this topic in the console thread aswell.. Yea.

I believe the theory is that the first game is coming to PC but they had no plans to routinely release their exclusives to PC.

All the Playstation exclusives that have come, have basically been AFTER they have had several years for sales to dry up on the Playstation itself.  It probably will come, but it could be 4-5 years wait.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Tbh the first game wasn’t too compelling. 

I know they made the 12 year old a lesbian for seemingly no reason, so.. I wasn’t planning on getting the game in the first place but if modern politics are a major plot point, it sounds like a $60 lecture more than a game. 

The best thing to do with games leaked, hyped, spoiled, or rumored, is to not preorder and wait for the reviews.  There is no need to go out and buy one on day one or vow unending scorn prior to launch.

2 hours ago, SolarNova said:

I'm interested to know how many of u are still going to get The Last of Us 2, now that the plot and major story events have been leaked by NaughtyDog employees and revealed to not only be very 'identity/gender politics' driven but also just 'bad'* in general ?

I don't read leaks and I am waiting for reviews of the game before I decide whether to buy it or not. I don't care about the "identity/gender politics" - thing, the game can be great with or without such. Judging a game prematurely just based on such a thing is just silly, IMHO.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Sorry , rereading what i posted I dont think i put enough emphasis on where this information came from.

This isnt some vague reddit leak from som1 who knows somebody who knows a friend of who knows a person who said something.

This is like the leaks of StarWars: Rise of Skywalker (which turned out to be 100% accurate and just as bad as it sounded). Its information directly from those involved in the game development, the plot and story events 'leaked' are what happens.

Obviously its always good practice to check independent reviews before purchases, excluding those from shill media ofc, but in cases where detailed information is released, prior to official release of the product (regardless of the way the information is released), from reputable sources (like those in major roles during development), one can in fact judge something prior to full official release.

So just in case any1 thinks this is on the level of 'rumors' ..its not.

Surprised that no one has poster meme about the leaks in here tbh.

22 hours ago, SolarNova said:

Sorry , rereading what i posted I dont think i put enough emphasis on where this information came from.

This isnt some vague reddit leak from som1 who knows somebody who knows a friend of who knows a person who said something.

This is like the leaks of StarWars: Rise of Skywalker (which turned out to be 100% accurate and just as bad as it sounded). Its information directly from those involved in the game development, the plot and story events 'leaked' are what happens.

Obviously its always good practice to check independent reviews before purchases, excluding those from shill media ofc, but in cases where detailed information is released, prior to official release of the product (regardless of the way the information is released), from reputable sources (like those in major roles during development), one can in fact judge something prior to full official release.

So just in case any1 thinks this is on the level of 'rumors' ..its not.

And yes. This leaks IIRC comes from a disgruntled employee of Naughty Dog.

Main Rig :

Ryzen 7 2700X | Powercolor Red Devil RX 580 8 GB | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 | 16 GB TeamGroup Elite 2400MHz | Samsung 750 EVO 240 GB | HGST 7200 RPM 1 TB | Seasonic M12II EVO | CoolerMaster Q300L | Dell U2518D | Dell P2217H | 

Laptop :

Thinkpad X230 | i5 3320M | 8 GB DDR3 | V-Gen 128 GB SSD |