Last member of the Ryzen Crew, Ha! - Quad Core Zen 2 CPUs found

williamcll

Man, I am curious if my local Micro Center is gonna get these and if they will allow for the $20 bundle discount. In my head, this is basically an $80 7700K minus the fun of delidding and high overclocking.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Pricing courtesy of Tom's Hardware 

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3-3300x-3100-b550-chipset-announced

The $120 Ryzen 3 3300X lands with an 3.8 GHz base frequency and 4.3 GHz boost, while the $99 Ryzen 3 3100 weighs in at a 3.8 GHz base and 3.9 GHz boost. Both chips come with a capable Wraith Stealth cooler and will be available in May 2020.

Thank you @Dellenn for updating us with the amd links:

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

These 7nm Quad Core/SMT chips will be CRUSHING it in the budget gamer market.

$99 i7-7700k? yes, please.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

25 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Man, I am curious if my local Micro Center is gonna get these and if they will allow for the $20 bundle discount. In my head, this is basically an $80 7700K minus the fun of delidding and high overclocking.

Which begs the question: is this the final nail in the coffin for ever recommending an Intel quad-core again? As recently as a couple of days ago, I was recommending the i7-2600 as a budget performance CPU to someone. But with that selling for $70 on eBay, it's tough to do so ever again, especially knowing that basically any B450 board on the planet can overclock a Ryzen 3 without concern about nuking a VRM.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Just now, aisle9 said:

Which begs the question: is this the final nail in the coffin for ever recommending an Intel quad-core again? As recently as a couple of days ago, I was recommending the i7-2600 as a budget performance CPU to someone. But with that selling for $70 on eBay, it's tough to do so ever again, especially knowing that basically any B450 board on the planet can overclock a Ryzen 3 without concern about nuking a VRM.

I'd say so, especially with all of the upgrade options available on the AM4 platforms. Even if AMD stopped releasing new processors for AM4, someone with a quad core Ryzen 3 could jump up to a 16 core 3950X without swapping boards if they wanted to (assuming VRM can handle it). That's a pretty massive multi-threaded performance boost despite sticking with the same platform. 

These CPU's will be perfect as a stopgap for people that need a cheap CPU to tide them over until they can afford or find a better CPU in-stock. Not only that, people interested in learning how to OC can use these or the 3200G and learn the fundamentals without risking damage to more expensive processors. Also helps to keep a cheap diagnostic processor on-hand, something Ryzen 3 would be perfect for.

I was hoping to wait for the 3rd gen APU's to launch, but if this is cheap enough, I'll definitely grab one anyways.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

-Topics Merged-

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

This looks like an amazing deal. I know for quite some time people would recommend the 1300 or the other 100 dollar 4 core chips for very budget systems but with this being zen 2 and having hyperthreading it will actually be very capable on a budget. 

The 3100 looks like the new budget king replacing the 1600af. Plenty of single core performance with that 3.9Ghz boost and 8 threads is plenty for most games.

I guess the 3300X will have reduced latency due to the single core cluster and lower core-to-core latency communication.

On 4/21/2020 at 10:44 AM, aisle9 said:

With just how many older platform parts there are floating around, there's still a market for that stuff. I see 3rd gen Core pre-builts going for sub-$200 at times, that plus an SSD and a used entry-level graphics card from last gen, and you're well under $400 for a pretty decent gaming experience and plenty good for older titles.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 4/21/2020 at 8:40 AM, Mister Woof said: