My monitor just got an UPGRADE

JonoT

IDK since I don't own one, but I think 5120*1440 is a bit too wide for one screen IMO

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Check out Powertoys on GitHub. It will make your preset sections for windows to snap to. The feature is called Fancyzones.

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys

Linus really should've asked for help.

Also, I feel like the bottom monitor is too low, it will hurt your neck overtime.

As for the webcam... wouldn't it fit right in between the two monitors?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Rotating the top monitor 180 degrees would put the plastic bezel at the top and have somewhat of a seamless bezel break in the middle.

Please look into Microsoft Powertoys. There is a function, Fancy Zones , for a way better window management available, where you can create custom zones per monitor to snap windows into.
And maybe a longer pole mounted to the wall in some way would lift the lower monitor up for better user experience and less neck pain

just saw the comment the 2nd time reading posts from Reboots and he already mentioned Powertoys.

Desktop PC:

Ryzen 5 3600 @stock - Noctua NH-U12S-SE-AM4-  B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Ac - Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700XT -

32GB (16x2) Ballistix Sport DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36 -

250GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA - 500GB WD Blue SATA M.2 - Corsair TX 750M - NZXT H500 - Benq GW2765 -
ViewSonic VS2778  SMHD -  Logitech G105

Audio Gear:

Teufel Concept E 100
Sennheiser Game One
Creative Soundblaster X3

PCPartPicker:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YVzK4n

Or, you know, buy a 55" TV for a quarter of that price and you don't have to deal with that disgusting bezel in the middle.

Much better for gaming and watching movies and photo editing and 3d modeling and basically literally any task you do with a PC.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I myself would have machined some custom brackets.
Though a mount that relies on 1 screw in that fashion is not going to resist all that much weight.
Would be much nicer if there were a second screw a bit out to the side, that moved inside a curved slot. Downside is that we don't have an easily adjustable mount any more.

Linus, you were so preoccupied with whether you could, you didn't stop to think if you should.

Perhaps a 55 inch 4K or even an 8k display would have gotten the job done. Both at a lower cost, no split in the middle, and you can always set custom snapping zones for Windows with Fancy Zones.

I hurt watching you do this Linus, there was so many other easier ways to do that.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

I actually just put together a very similar setup using two of those monitors - the way I solved the webcam is to place it between them, have the top monitor angled down, the tips on the ends touching and use the gap in the middle to fit the camera. Another trick that you could also do is depending on your webcam, remove the camera part from the "mount" and make a custom mount using the bezel space of the two monitors for a more stealthier look.

As for anchoring the monitors themselves I went absolutely old-school using basic 2x6 fixed to another 2x6 horizontally, a pair of shorter 2x6 for the feet and at least TWO DOZEN four inch long 3/8 inch lag bolts to hold it all together. Then I secured the VESA mounts to the 2x6 with eight standard hex bolts, wide washers to spread the force and then double nutted the other end. Loctite optional LOL Over built? Heck yeah! But I swear you could sit a baby elephant on it it's that strong. Working with wood does have it's benefits.

Is this an old video maybe? I swear that Linus recently moved into a new office, and they were using Monday.com for project management instead of trello. 

Linus, you don't sanitize your hands because you touched your face. You sanitize your hands because you might have touched a surface with the virus on it and by touching your face after you give the virus an easy path to your internals.

You don't have to sanitize your hands after touching your face unless you're a carrier and if you're a carrier you shouldn't be outside anyway.

Could have used a pair of 30lb rated long monitor arms that are wall mounted, which probably would have been less janky and easier to install...

1 hour ago, Stavencross said:

Is this an old video maybe? I swear that Linus recently moved into a new office, and they were using Monday.com for project management instead of trello. 

This is the office they (Yvonne and Janice) some time ago did a makeover of (notice the Tesla decal on the wall at 0:36, which is a reference to MKBHD).

Also, LTT uses Trello, not Monday.com.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' ROTATE THE TOP ONE 180' 

Seriously, do it.

1 hour ago, Stavencross said:

The video was uploaded 2 weeks ago on Floatplane, so it was probably filmed some time last month.

They only used monday.com for the sponsored video, other than that, they use trello, iirc.

I agree with Reboots and Roboka - use FancyZones for window management, it's completely free as part of Microsoft Powertoys and is honestly one of the best window management tools I've tried. Custom zones, snap features, it's got a ton of stuff. You can even specify how many pixels you want each window to take up! It also has a bunch of other niche features like bulk renaming of files and image resizing that have come in handy for me. It's pretty light on system resources and because it's developed by Microsoft, it integrates very well with Windows. 

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/releases/ 

:)

Maybe I am just confused, but why is this setup better than a single 4k ~55" tv?

If your question is answered, mark it so.  | It's probably just coil whine, and it is probably just fine |   LTT Movie Club!

Read the docs. If they don't exist, write them. | Professional Thread Derailer

Desktop: i7-8700K, RTX 2080, 16G 3200Mhz, EndeavourOS(host), win10 (VFIO), Fedora(VFIO)

Server: ryzen 9 5900x, GTX 970, 64G 3200Mhz, Unraid.

I am not worried about the stand as much as I am worried about the glass surface.