X570 BIOS Update for 3400g

Newbygeek

Hello. I hope you’re all doing well. I have recently built a pc but after I switch it on, Fans start spinning, everything lights up but no post beep or display. Do I simply need a bios update or it’s a more complicated problem? 
Asus prime X570-p

amd ryzen 5 3400g

Just now, Newbygeek said:

Hello. I hope you’re all doing well. I have recently built a pc but after I switch it on, Fans start spinning, everything lights up but no post beep or display. Do I simply need a bios update or it’s a more complicated problem? 
Asus prime X570-p

amd ryzen 5 3400g

try always to update the bios and drivers, if it doesn't fix the issue, search other possible reasons.

it should have t he right bios for the 3400g. do you have ram in slots 2 and 4?

Just now, Its_MrMa said:

try always to update the bios and drivers, if it doesn't fix the issue, search other possible reasons.

I don’t have access to other CPUs, my MOBO doesn’t have bios flashback

Just now, Newbygeek said:

I don’t have access to other CPUs, my MOBO doesn’t have bios flashback

have you tried another cable/display? maybe is that simple

Just now, Its_MrMa said:

have you tried another cable/display? maybe is that simple

If a MOBO boots, it beeps. It doesn’t beep. I have also tested my display with my laptop. It works fine

3 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

it should have t he right bios for the 3400g. do you have ram in slots 2 and 4?

Yes. I have tried removing the rams to see if it beeps and it does. But when installed, I simply have no signal

All the parts except the MOBO have Been working fine last week. The MOBO is new

Since X570 motherboards are the newest, the BIOS accepts every CPU (except first gen ryzen, which is not officially supported by X570.)

Something else would be the issue, such as incompatible memory.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Since X570 motherboards are the newest, the BIOS accepts every CPU (except first gen ryzen, which is not officially supported by X570.)

Something else would be the issue, such as incompatible memory.

My memory is compatible, it’s listed in the g.skill’s site qvl

3 minutes ago, Newbygeek said:

If a MOBO boots, it beeps. It doesn’t beep. I have also tested my display with my laptop. It works fine

It beeps if there is a speaker plugged in to the motherboard. A lot of motherboards don't come with a speaker these days. Does the X570P come with one?

1 minute ago, Newbygeek said:

My memory is compatible, it’s listed in the g.skill’s site qvl

In which case, potential DOA motherboard. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, IntMD said:

It beeps if there is a speaker plugged in to the motherboard. A lot of motherboards don't come with a speaker these days. Does the X570P come with one?

I have installed my own buzzer. It works when I completely remove the rams

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

In which case, potential DOA motherboard. 

What does it mean?

5 minutes ago, Newbygeek said:

Incorrect.

Back in the old days the speakers used to be built into the board, and sometimes they still are, but in most cases it's a little dongle you put on the motherboard, like the front panel connectors. Without that it won't make any beeps.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Incorrect.

Back in the old days the speakers used to be built into the board, and sometimes they still are, but in most cases it's a little dongle you put on the motherboard, like the front panel connectors. Without that it won't make any beeps.

I know, I have it installed

1 minute ago, Newbygeek said:

I know, I have it installed

Yah, I saw your post after I hit submit :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Newbygeek said:

What does it mean?

DOA = Dead On Arrival, sites like Amazon and Newegg have return policies that let you return and get a new one if it is DOA.

(edited)

"hi 911? my grandma is on the floor and shes not responding to anything"
"have you tried turning it off and on again?"

ding ding ding ding ding ding ding, di-di-ding

Did you turn on the power supply from the switch in the back? Are any leds lit up on the motherboard, are fans spinning when you push the on button on the case?

IT can take up to 1-2 minutes for the system to boot up the first time its installed.

If you turn it off too soon, it will keep doing that.

Leave it running for a few minutes and see what happens.

Try with only one memory stick installed, then try with the OTHER stick installed...

Take the motherboard out of the case, put it on the cardboard case or something that doesn't conduct electricity and install just the cpu and ram and connect your monitor to the integrated graphics output

Start the motherboard by shorting the power switch pins for a bit with a screwdriver.

Basically reduce the number of components to the minimum ... just in case the case causes issues you're taking mb out of the case.

In rare cases, the reset or power switch on the case were shorted (always pressed) and wouldn't let the motherboard start so by starting the mobo by shorting the pins you're avoiding possible case issues.

Maybe you also installed the front panel connector wrong, or forgot to plug that header and thats why it doesn't start ... again, shorting with screwdriver solves this.

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Did you turn on the power supply from the switch in the back? Are any leds lit up on the motherboard, are fans spinning when you push the on button on the case?

IT can take up to 1-2 minutes for the system to boot up the first time its installed.

If you turn it off too soon, it will keep doing that.

Leave it running for a few minutes and see what happens.

Try with only one memory stick installed, then try with the OTHER stick installed...

Take the motherboard out of the case, put it on the cardboard case or something that doesn't conduct electricity and install just the cpu and ram and connect your monitor to the integrated graphics output

Start the motherboard by shorting the power switch pins for a bit with a screwdriver.

Basically reduce the number of components to the minimum ... just in case the case causes issues you're taking mb out of the case.

In rare cases, the reset or power switch on the case were shorted (always pressed) and wouldn't let the motherboard start so by starting the mobo by shorting the pins you're avoiding possible case issues.

Maybe you also installed the front panel connector wrong, or forgot to plug that header and thats why it doesn't start ... again, shorting with screwdriver solves this.

Nothing works. Are you sure it’s not a bios problem??

1 hour ago, Newbygeek said:

I have installed my own buzzer. It works when I completely remove the rams

But not when you do?  Smells of bad ram.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.