LTT Folding Team's Emergency Response to Covid-19

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

This event has ended and I recommend you guys head over to the Folding Community Board for any general folding conversation. 

8 minutes ago, TrueMad said:

SNIP

Congratulation 🤣🥳

@cbigfootI'll be waiting :)  

image.png.54d7681a792f4c215b662006276c7134.png

Mini-ITX Desktop: i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz, Asus Strix Z390-i, EVGA 3090 Hybrid FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO+ NVMe 1TB, Lian Li O11 Air Mini White

Plex/Minecraft Server: Dell PowerEdge T320, Xeon E5-2470 v2, 48GB RAM, 19.25TB storage, RTX A2000 6GB

Tablet: iPad Pro 11” M1

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Finally got around to watching WAN show, liked the stout out but seriously, the one individual shout out they did was Jake!!!

Not The king for his crazy production? 

We still love you ^^

5 minutes ago, hydrochloric said:

image.png.a6a63f34a48e652822a1f7faf543e03b.png

Maaaaan I keep yoyo'ing because most of my WUs take ~1.5 hours, so in some 3 hour slots I'll get 6-8 done and in others I'll get 3 lol.

Im glad whenever i get those long ones just because ill get something done and wont just be stuck obsessively micromanaging though thankfully the WUs have been rolling in on their own atm

2 minutes ago, Ayren said:

We still love you ^^

LMFAO, I would have preferred the king over jake, doesn't use works stuff, hammers out and just keeps going!!!

I didn't even think about me getting a shout out tbh lmfao I don't deserve that shit with my 4M PPD

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, Ayren said:

Im glad whenever i get those long ones just because ill get something done and wont just be stuck obsessively micromanaging though thankfully the WUs have been rolling in on their own atm

Sadly since I have 3 machines with pretty widely varied hardware, it's almost always time for one to get (fail at getting) a new WU.  At least, knock on wood, they've all been stable and haven't needed any hardware finagling.  Once I tweaked all the clocks and power targets -2% and +2% respectively I haven't dropped a single WU either.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

LMFAO, I would have preferred the king over jake, doesn't use works stuff, hammers out and just keeps going!!!

I didn't even think about me getting a shout out tbh lmfao I don't deserve that shit with my 4M PPD

Oh wait i just did one hell of a derp there. i glanced at the message and thought you were salty you werent mentioned as the organizer < .>

1 minute ago, Ayren said:

Oh wait i just did one hell of a derp there. i glanced at the message and thought you were salty you werent mentioned as the organizer < .>

No worries! 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

If you absolutely don't want down time between jobs I'm learning that setting the "next unit percentage" to "90" helps with that since some downloads can take up to 15 minutes to find and get.

23 minutes ago, Favebook said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Those things are AWESOME! I LOVE noodles but I hate shrimps :(.

Chicken noodles are my favorite!

Not gonna go off topic... So I wish everyone today to have high PPD and low or if possible, NO downtime!

lol i wish!  i cant keep WU on all the cards and when they finish 25% of them fail to upload back to the server because its busy lol

oh well win some lose some

2 minutes ago, Inkertus said:

If you absolutely don't want down time between jobs I'm learning that setting the "next unit percentage" to "90" helps with that since some downloads can take up to 15 minutes to find and get.

Which is also a balancing act because having em in queue without working on em (if they are found significantly earlier than expected) will cost you points

1 minute ago, Unilevers said:

lol i wish!  i cant keep WU on all the cards and when they finish 25% of them fail to upload back to the server because its busy lol

oh well win some lose some

ive been stable on 15 gpus for... 5h now

gotta see if theyll remain stable or if they all decide to go belly up when i try to go to bed (pretty much what happened yesterday) < .>

4 minutes ago, Ayren said:

ive been stable on 15 gpus for... 5h now

Really? I can't get a GPU work unit for the past 2 days.

How bored are you in isolation:

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

@GOTSpectrum Getting pretty bored lately. Work requires I stay away from the in-store employees which means being stuck in my car using up all forms of entertainment I use at home for several hours at work per day.  I'm starting to run out for both. (food delivery)

I've got a 3 day ETA for Project 14190. It's running on my i5-3340 CPU (yeah, I've got one), which had been coping quite well with other WUs. Is this just a big one or has something gone wrong at my end?

12 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

How bored are you in isolation

He's made pretty crazy ones lately, getting better and better

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Inkertus said:

@GOTSpectrum Getting pretty bored lately. Work requires I stay away from the in-store employees which means being stuck in my car using up all forms of entertainment I use at home for several hours at work per day.  I'm starting to run out for both. (food delivery)

Honestly IK the feeling, handling the event kept me really busy but now the updates are smooth and I don't get 30-50 DMs a day the boredom is seeping back in. Trying to decided if the points loss from streaming is worth it atm lol

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, Cov said:

I've got a 3 day ETA for Project 14190. It's running on my i5-3340 CPU (yeah, I've got one), which had been coping quite well with other WUs. Is this just a big one or has something gone wrong at my end?

The ETA isn't accurate until it get through a few frames and can estimate it.  You can also look at the base credit value, it's a good indicator of actual WU size.

R5 3600, 5700 XT, AX370 K7...  and that's plenty for me.  If you ignore the masses of other parts I occasionally put together and laugh about.

12 hours ago, pred1tor83 said:

I don't want to speak too soon but both my GPU and CPU have been well fed for the last 24 hrs.  Would be neat if there was a compiled list of WU compelted so I could at a glance see what I helped with. 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.3918db1c763204b340d34492fd5a5299.png

Sorry i broke it :( 

1 hour ago, Inkertus said:

It sounds awesome until the GPUs start cooking themselves and you start smelling something other than the coffee.  Coffee-themed water loop build with coffee colored water?  Mocha colored components or case and whatnot?

This theme would fit well with noctua fans.

1 minute ago, Victor Golf said:

Finally a use case for those otherwise clash-y colors.

2 minutes ago, pred1tor83 said:

pffff; how so?

2 minutes ago, Victor Golf said:

This is a sign! THIS IS MEANT TO BE!

1 minute ago, pred1tor83 said:

Man, you get a lot of points for a lot fewer WUs:

image.png.d4294c31f9ceeca317ea21665d6c3f1e.png

Also, if you have HFM running, it maintains a list of all WUs, so you can see what each one was:

image.thumb.png.eead032d6fa72236600df9b0deaf48fd.png

2 minutes ago, yaboistar said:

it will sort itself out in a while. client needs to learn how long it takes to do a work unit, it doesn't know by default

1 minute ago, hydrochloric said:

The ETA isn't accurate until it get through a few frames and can estimate it.  You can also look at the base credit value, it's a good indicator of actual WU size.

It's actually been running since last night (around 18 hours as a ballpark estimate). I had assumed it was just mistaken since the others were  4-8 hours, but it seems to be holding true

4 minutes ago, Ayren said:

pffff; how so?

This is a sign! THIS IS MEANT TO BE!

i gave F@H servers a compliment 12 hrs ago on how smoothly it was handing out work...