We got the Kick-Proof TV from China!

James

Fus ro dah!

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

Imagine you have guests over and you talk to them about your TV and when they figure out that is the kick proof TV, they just start going ham

Related image

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You should have used it as a bat for baseball or something because it can clearly handle that :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

This is going to end up as an ad for that brand.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Next time I read the OP before posting :)

Edit:

Okay I the Amazon link but there is only Samsung TVs on that page.  Is that because I get routed to co.uk?  Is there anywhere you can buy this in EU?

Edited by Kroon
Clarification:

36 minutes ago, williamcll said:

hopefully, that would be funny 

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

56 minutes ago, williamcll said:

Without their consent or knowledge.

Rumor has it they originally wanted to use Chuck Norris for the advertisements but when he roundhouse kicked the prototype it became a 600MPH four-foot-wide projectile that hit and killed Amoi's President/CEO who was standing in the adjacent building two floors up.

This was all tested with TV on a cupboard. I wonder if it could withstand same amount of abuse if it was wall mounted. TV flying off the cupboard dissipates a lot of impact energy. Being mounted on the wall, energy has nowhere to go but be absorbed into TV. And if it survives that, then it's really an ultimate rugged TV.

Btw, I can see use for such TV. Like kindergartens, hotels, all the places where dumb careless people are. Given how much abuse it could take, I bet you could even use it in basketball court as score board or just a TV there and it would survive basketball hits...

Okay, where can I buy this!? I'm serious... I went through two TCL's and a Hisense this year. My non-verbal autistic son has broken 3 TV's on us (two of them with 1/8" plexiglass over the screen -which I paid about $150+ for by themselves; for each one! He's brutal when he has his meltdowns! I could give two shits how bad the panel quality is, I just need something that's robust!!! I know tv's are cheaper than they have ever been, but I can't afford to continue replacing $250 tv's every few months.

I'm looking online and I can't seem to find that specific tv from Amoi. @James, please help a fellow techie out, tell me where you guys purchased yours... I'm already looking at step-up converters for it lol.

19 minutes ago, AFFLiCTED1 said:

Okay, where can I buy this!? I'm serious... I went through two TCL's and a Hisense this year. My non-verbal autistic son has broken 3 TV's on us (two of them with 1/4" plexiglass over the screen -which I paid about $150 for by themselves; for each one! He's brutal when he has his meltdowns! I could give two shits how bad the panel quality is, I just need something that's robust!!! I know tv's are cheaper than they have ever been, but I can't afford to continue replacing $250 tv's every few months.

I'm looking online and I can't seem to find that specific tv from Amoi. @James, please help a fellow techie out, tell me where you guys purchased yours... I'm already looking at step-up converters for it lol.

http://www.jmsamall.com/en/amoi-tv-led-55-pouces-noir.html Quite sure its this 1 bud. 

Also, I'm sorry your struggling with your son. I'm sure he'll turn out fine :)

Just now, VegetableStu said:

wow i got a kick out of this video

I was on the edge of saying something like this. :(

I use to work in a TV store. Customer turned up. "My kid was playing Playstation, and this TV just exploded by itself!!!". I was like "nope, that's a PS3 shaped controller hole in your panel. Bit obvs what happened." Customer was "I will believe my daughter, she NEVER lies to me." LOL!

But yep, I totally understand this need. I worked in care, and at a community center for it, they over did it and put some TVs in massive boxes with plastic panels etc. But this is much more convenient. When it came to our service users throwing TVs, that was mainly a thing of the past, and we generally got them out of the habit. Though other things often took the brunt of anger instead!

beleave it or not, the moment dennis kicked the TV, my Screen got this yellow pixels bar.

PS: when i press on the screen it go away for a moment.

3npaQm8.jpg

Perhaps LTT could do a follow up video and test at what point this TV actually fails. 

On 1/29/2020 at 2:30 AM, AFFLiCTED1 said:

Okay, where can I buy this!? I'm serious... I went through two TCL's and a Hisense this year. My non-verbal autistic son has broken 3 TV's on us (two of them with 1/4" plexiglass over the screen -which I paid about $150 for by themselves; for each one! He's brutal when he has his meltdowns! I could give two shits how bad the panel quality is, I just need something that's robust!!! I know tv's are cheaper than they have ever been, but I can't afford to continue replacing $250 tv's every few months.

I'm guessing a wall mount won't work, but have you thought about a projector you could hang from the ceiling?  

1 hour ago, Bsly said:

I'm guessing a wall mount won't work, but have you thought about a projector you could hang from the ceiling?  

Hi Bsly,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have considered one actually, but unfortunately my living room is small and regardless of where I could mount the thing my son would be able to jump from the couch and hang from the projector like an orangutan. I had to remove the blades from the ceiling fan because he was trying to hang from them. I even considered throwing out the two couches we have and just use bean bags to eliminate him jumping from them, but then after he bit a hole in the one he had in his room, making a mess with the stuffing, I reconsidered. I'm telling you, this kid is beyond destructive. Some severely autistic kids are savants at piano, but much to my dismay, my son is a savant at destruction.:( I also looked at wall mounted projectors, the ones that shine the image down... man are they expensive though!

I can't win. Right now we're using a 24" 720p Sanyo TV in the living room that we only plug in to put a movie on for the kids, and only when we can keep eyes on him the whole time. Otherwise, it's locked in our bedroom. I considered building an enclosure for a tv above the fireplace mantle using shatter proof glass, but after pricing it out, it would cost about $500 just for the sheet of glass, not to mention the other materials I would need. That's why I was excited to see this tv that Linus reviewed because he said in the video they got it for $400, and I thought, perfect! a one stop solution for me... though, I can't find it for that price! And, while I greatly appreciate GenericFanboy's efforts and gesture, the link that he sent me has the tv priced around $750 USD, after conversion... which is a bit out of my budget right now. Of course, no one from LMG responded to my first post, so I have no idea where to buy this thing for the $400 they stated... the search continues!

Anyway, sorry for the ramble lol. Thanks again for your suggestion!

On 1/29/2020 at 8:30 AM, AFFLiCTED1 said:

Okay, where can I buy this!? I'm serious... I went through two TCL's and a Hisense this year. My non-verbal autistic son has broken 3 TV's on us (two of them with 1/4" plexiglass over the screen -which I paid about $150 for by themselves; for each one!

[...]

Have you tried wall-mounting the TV and then buidling a box around it with wooden studs, some drywall and a large piece of plexi as a window that is close to but not flush with the screen? If you decide to try this, I would recommend adding some ventilation holes on the bottom and the top in order to avoid a heat buildup in the enclosure (which is something the TV's capacitors won't like too much and they would potentially die much more quickly than usual).
The plexiglass will probably have some nasty reflections, but maybe you could put a transparent anti-reflective foil on top of it. Just make sure that foil doesn't block infrared, otherwise the remote will not work.  If the plexiglass is thick enough, I very much doubt it can be broken that easily and even if that were to happen, the TV would be at a safe distance (a few cm should be enough).

I hope everything works out for you and your son.