ISP Disaster in, US. Comcast + TWC = monopoly

pit5000

I have Comcast and i like my speeds :P http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3302893411

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

I use Cox anyways. And they do suck cocks

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Why not use a smaller, slower provider?

Because no such providers exist in America. They have either been bought out or driven out of business by the big tele-coms like Verizon, TWB, Concast, Cox, Century Link, etc...

Worship the Lord GabeN for he is your one true god!!!!

The Lord's Prayer

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

exactly. people always whine and bitch about att and verizon.

don't use their products.

"but then i can't get internet WAHHH"

well jimmy, you have dish, dsl, and other satelite providers.

"but it isn't 100/100" well jimmy, you don't even use 15/15, so calm yourself.

Except for Google fiber

Yeah but thats not in my area LOL T_T

| i7 4790k | H100i | 16GB (8x2) Corsair Vengence | EVGA GTX 780 SC | ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Samsung 840 120GB | WD 2TB Green x2 | Rosewill Hive 750W | 

I have a feeling this will be shut down...I hope. I actually like TWC. It's either that or Verizon DSL in my block. Less than a mile away, Fios is offered :(

You guys just need to shut up.

There is ONE ISP available at my house and that ISP is none other than AT&T, they have no incentive to upgrade service in this area so I can at max get 3Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up. On top of that I pay $40 for it. The only alternatives being satellite and they have a 15GB data cap. (Yes you read that right 15GB, I get 150 from AT&T, with another 50 being $10, I go over every month.)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H35 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700x (@4.0Ghz) Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 | MOBO: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3333Mhz | GPU: MSI ARMOR 8GB OC GTX 1070 | Storage: SAMSUNG 970 EVO 250GB, 1TB Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM | PSU: Corsair CX750M

3281673614.png

I get that dl speed and 10 times the upload speed for 10 pounds/month with 0 data caps, feels good to be in Romania.

Joke is on you. Virgin Media is shit. Used it for 3 years while i stayed in Luton and it is a joke. Most unstable, expensive, ISP i had ever used.

I get that dl speed and 10 times the upload speed for 10 pounds/month with 0 data caps, feels good to be in Romania.

Joke is on you. Virgin Media is shit. Used it for 3 years while i stayed in Luton and it is a joke. Most unstable, expensive, ISP i had ever used.

But you have to live in romania. I would rather live next to a group of gypsies. Oh wait ...

And you clearly know nothing about how cable works. Your performance is much more dependant on the utilisation of the area you are in.

NOOOOOOOOO!!! This will be the second time in a year that my ISP has been aquired and it just keeps getting worse. I went from Insight, which wasn't awesome but still pretty OK, to TWC, who suuuuucks. Now Comcast?! Fudge...

Actually Comcast is one of the better US ISPs. Just saying.

sysloc

At least to screw costumers they team up...

Signatures are stupid.

3281673614.png

yes because people decided to have an ISP monopoly to begin whit

/s

Actually Comcast is one of the better US ISPs. Just saying.

an according to people they suck, meaning everyone sucks so their point is still valid 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

yes because people decided to have an ISP monopoly to begin whit

/s

People decide who they give their money to, though.

Neither of them are in my area

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Why can't it be that google is buying comcast?!?!?!

'cause world domination ;)

I pay around $20 for 100mb internet, digital(hd) TV + phone.

I can get gigabit for $18 here. <3

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Why can't it be that google is buying comcast?!?!?!

honestly instead of buy Comcast, compete with Comcast. that way Comcast either improves or dies in a fire

we pay almost 180 a month for a dvr made in 2006, 20/2 internet, and digital phone. Comcast seems better than twc. also reliability should not change as it's still twc's infrastructure

Because no such providers exist in America. They have either been bought out or driven out of business by the big tele-coms like Verizon, TWB, Concast, Cox, Century Link, etc...

No. We have DSLExtreme, Boingo, Charter, and that's all i can think of right now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I pay around $20 for 100mb internet, digital(hd) TV + phone.

I can get gigabit for $18 here. <3

Lucky bastard.

Signatures are stupid.

honestly instead of buy Comcast, compete with Comcast. that way Comcast either improves or dies in a fire

I would like comcast to die in a fire right now. I can'ttttt stand them, but there the only thing in my area that actually has reliable internet. The fact they have data caps makes me hate them even more.

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

It seems like too big of a deal for the FCC or Department of Justice to allow. I'm willing to bet the FCC will not allow the deal to pass.