ISP Disaster in, US. Comcast + TWC = monopoly

pit5000

is it being blocked by the regulator or is it going through?

It will be a while before the FCC makes the decision. The regulators have to disucsss the deal with both companies and look at how it will impact the market, etc. Done correctly it takes considerable time.

3311067364.png

I'm paying for 6Mb up, but i get 8. HAPPY.

You complain about "slow" internet in the US, but here in Argentina the faster options are like 20Mb/15Mb down, in some cities, and with 1 or 2 Mb up. a 50Mb connection is kinda like Google Fiber. And there is 1 cable provider and 2 dsl ones that cover most of the country.

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

Your picture made me hate you even more while reading this. Suck on my upload ;3

3312799098.png

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

optimum has no data cap so whatever u wana have say being some great european u have no idea what the isp situation is in the us there is good ones and bad ones take google fiber for example\

Charter, 30$ a month and I'm gettin 45mb/s, best in the area, its funny, atnt charges 80$ for 2MB/S! LOL

3313572656.png

I've been mostly happy with Cox so far.  I pay $73.99 (first 3 months were $49.99) for 50/10 and a 300GB cap.  If I really wanted better I could pay $100 for their 150/20 and I'm not sure about the cap, but I think its 500GB.  Please can we just get Google Fiber throughout the entire US already!!

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

12 mbps 1.5 up here. Not sure what we pay but I think it's 40 something, however that's just for the internet, not including phone and all that other junk my parents feel they need.

AT&T Uverse

Google please come to the rescue. 

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless