ISP Disaster in, US. Comcast + TWC = monopoly

pit5000

I would like comcast to die in a fire right now. I can'ttttt stand them, but there the only thing in my area that actually has reliable internet. The fact they have data caps makes me hate them even more.

I thought they had  their data caps suspended for the time being.

Back in India a 50 megabit connection was the US equivalent of $10

I thought they had  their data caps suspended for the time being.

Not for me. I still have a 300gb cap

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

Not for me. I still have a 300gb cap

On time warner I currently get unlimited. Just curious what speeds do you have?

On time warner I currently get unlimited. Just curious what speeds do you have?

Your lucky. I unfortunately only  have 25mbit down and 5up. Wbu?

Gaming rig- Cpu- Amd 9590, 16gbs of G Skill Ram, Gpu- GTX 760 windforce 3 edition 2gb. A Thermaltake water 2.0 water cooler for my cpu. Keyboard- Thermaltake Posieden , Case- 750D, Mobo Asus 990fx R2.0. 24 inch Dell LED monitor

From what my friends tell me... they both suck... In fact, all ISP in the US suck. Can't say for other places though. I'm currently using Charter and I'm quite disappointed in my speed. However, Charter offers best speed in my Area.

Fios has decent speeds for decent prices but their support is HORRENDOUS

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Your lucky. I unfortunately only  have 25mbit down and 5up. Wbu?

20 down and 2up. As I said earlier we pay for one HD cable box with dvr, digital phone, and 20/2 internet. Our bill comes to around $160

20 down and 2up. As I said earlier we pay for one HD cable box with dvr, digital phone, and 20/2 internet. Our bill comes to around $160

I have dish for tv so comcast is only internet for me and I'm paying around $45 for it.

I have dish for tv so comcast is only internet for me and I'm paying around $45 for it.

My internet is 44.99 for 12 months. No idea what it is after that.

And im here with 30 down 10 up from cox and its only about $60 a month................... theres is one alternative though. Good ol ATT can get me 1 down .5 up for $40..................... compelling

My internet is 44.99 for 12 months. No idea what it is after that.

Yea mine was a 12month "special" deal to and that ends in may for me

I have DirecTV TV service, but I don't bundle. I pay phone for 20 bucks a month, along with 30 dollar DSL, at 3/1.5. Miserable, yes, but maxed out in my area. DTV is about 60 bucks.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wow this is the worst news I heard all day... My bill better not change...

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Did you guys see the tweet from the Comcast CEO saying that "this doesn't mean prices will go down, or even rise less rapidly"? Oh thanks. Cause I was worried that might happen.

I'm in a world of hurt. We used to have a local cable provider here, and we payed 33 bucks a month for 20/5 internet, no caps. Then TWC came and bought them, and it went to 55 for 15/2. Now comcast is coming, and I'm sure they'll raise it again, and give us a bandwith cap if this goes through. Frankly, I think that's a big if though. I can't see how the FCC can let this happen, especially after how worried they were about going from 4 major cell phone carriers to 3. How about going from 2 real cable providers to 1. That can't happen.

I hope the phone company gets fiber to my house soon.

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

Time Warner and Comcast are the only options in my area  <_<

both are absolute shit

this is disheartening 

i had timewarner(optimum) as my only option 1-2 years ago. but now i got fios so im good

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

3281673614.png

Feels good to be a eurogod. £30 per month with no data cap.

Have fun, guys! Remember to keep using the big monopoly ISPs near you!

posts like these and a name like that.. why do you want people to hate you so badly?

Meanwhile in Singapore...

:P

ou9s8k.jpg

What the fuck? Fiber optic is over 500 bucks here in America. Srsly, what's the difference between Ultra and Ul

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Actually Comcast is one of the better US ISPs. Just saying.

No major US ISP is anything remotely approaching good, but Comcast has BY FAR the lowest consumer ratings of them all. Followed, amusingly, by TWC.

What the fuck? Fiber optic is over 500 bucks here in America. Srsly, what's the difference between Ultra and Ul

https://secure.myrepublic.com.sg/pricing.php

Er, priority routing for lower latency and some miscellaneous gaming promotions i think. And also access to bittorrent Not like i give a shit, TPB yo :P

is it being blocked by the regulator or is it going through?

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly