What have you always wanted to ask a furry?

Yogi_DaBear221

So I thought this would be a fun thing, since this website pleasantly seems to take well to the furry fandom, and the fact that we have a ton of furries in this forum. What is something you've always wanted to ask a furry, but maybe felt embarrassed or like it might be considered offensive? Ask about anything within the Forum's rules, and I invite not just anyone to ask questions, but anyone to answer as well. If you're furry don't hesitate to drop your 2 cents on the questions, so ask away, all I ask if that you stay respectful, and don't argue about things. Keep it civil, keep it fun, and ask away.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
    T-Force 16GB 3000mhz DDR4
  • GPU
    Powercolor Red Dragon Rx580 4GB
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
    1 Silicon Power 256gb SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer SB220Q bi 21.5 inches Full HD
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
    1 120mm Rosewill Case fan
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
    Insignia Computer Speakers
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

InB4 threadlock

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

InB4 threadlock

Eh, there's already an LGBT-thread here as well, so I don't think one for furries is that far out of the field, either. A thread like this could even be good for someone who is struggling with acceptance in their own lives or who hasn't yet dared to step out of the hairless closet.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Eh, there's already an LGBT-thread here as well, so I don't think one for furries is that far out of the field, either. A thread like this could even be good for someone who is struggling with acceptance in their own lives or who hasn't yet dared to step out of the hairless closet.

More so the types of questions that can and probably will be asked eventually leading to this thread being locked. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

I'd love to get some furries into my studio and do some "glamour shot" work, but I have no idea if furries would be interested in professional work, or if instagram-style work is more their forte

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

When it comes to your Fersona, are there any particular species that are off-limits? I know the name is Furry, but the characters aren't always.

I'd imagine characteristics and appearance are more of a personal taste thing, but is there any additional thought that goes into picking the species?

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Why are fur suits so expensive? 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Actually I think I can answer this one myself, if it's anything like commissioning a Cosplay, it'll just be down to how labour intensive it is to make. 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

11 minutes ago, Ross Siggers said:

Actually I think I can answer this one myself, if it's anything like commissioning a Cosplay, it'll just be down to how labour intensive it is to make. 

Almost literally this but quite a bit more involved, because that fur doesn't get onto the suits themselves!

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

4 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

I figured a lot of them just made there own costumes. ? I never thought of this sort of thing as an expensive hobby. Is it even considered a hobby, a way of life, or both for some people? 

2 hours ago, Founders said:

I figured a lot of them just made there own costumes. ? I never thought of this sort of thing as an expensive hobby. Is it even considered a hobby, a way of life, or both for some people? 

Some make them some buy them really depends on the persons budget/level of interest. Usually it’s either a hobby/lifestyle/kink or combination there of. Nothing really set depends on who you talk to, sure there’s more ways people view it then those three; that’s just the three most common.

I have zero questions for furries and yet I fail to see what this website takes well to the furry fandom. My response is respectful and civil.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Don’t have any questions for furries simply because we don’t have them in my country 

4 hours ago, Founders said:

I figured a lot of them just made there own costumes. ? I never thought of this sort of thing as an expensive hobby

I do know that people seem to buy the heads and gloves if they can't afford a full costume because they can be worn with normal clothes 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

I wish I had some insightful questions, just to encourage some conversation, but I am finding that I just don't have any. I am very much a "be yourself" kind of a person and I like to encourage people to talk about things that they find hard to talk about and, well, I can absolutely see someone being a furry causing a lot of trouble in their lives, what with all the time one needs to gather up the strength to come out of the closet in the first place, the rejection one may see even from their closest people and all -- it's rewarding to be able to offer a shoulder to lean on or a listening ear to people in such situations.

As a disclaimer, I'm not a furry myself. Also, there are not seemingly all that many sexual fetishes that surprise me much anymore, let alone any stronger reaction than that; I find furries to be very much at the bottom of the weirdest or kinkiest stuff I've seen or been party to and seeing as it doesn't hurt anyone else, I have absolutely not the slightest thing to complain about. There are far worse ways of spending one's time than fur-stuff.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd love to get some furries into my studio and do some "glamour shot" work, but I have no idea if furries would be interested in professional work, or if instagram-style work is more their forte

Oh you could get so many Furries willing to do that, like any excuse to suit up especially would be very welcomed. Reach out to your local furry groups, they'd be more than happy to do that, and I guarantee they'd pay really well for them as well.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

14 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

When it comes to your Fersona, are there any particular species that are off-limits? I know the name is Furry, but the characters aren't always.

I'd imagine characteristics and appearance are more of a personal taste thing, but is there any additional thought that goes into picking the species?

Well this is actually one of those touchy subjects in the fandom, because while they're no like real species that are off limits they're custom species, typically created by specific artists that might be strictly for that person or may have rules for what makes them that thing. For instance we have a species in the fandom called Protogens(semi-open) and then one called Primagens(Closed), now the differences as far as I know are fairly limited but we have 1 maker that creates Protogens which is the species for other people, while a Primagen is that makers and only theirs. Or we have a species called a Dutch Angel Dragon which is a semi-open species, they have to meet certain criteria and rules.(IE no Adult content) to qualify as that specific species.
image.jpeg.6e879c5caffb3d0d4d391341cb5b4544.jpegimage.jpeg.04d120f4c42c2c8cf109906974f28e6e.jpeg

Dutch Angel Dragon: Telephone(The first of them)Image result for Telephone Fursuit

I'd also add that they're custom species that are completely open though again most custom creators also have a rule here or there typically about making NSFW content with their creations. I don't currently have access to the pictures but my fiance and I both have a couple custom creatures that if ever she gets around to digitizing them we plan to keep as an open species.

Then when it comes to the question of extra thought put into fursonas there is a lot of thought put into it. Sometimes it is a representation for the person creating the character or it is simply a character with traits and personality they admire. People typically pick a species that they relate to most or even sometimes that is just their favorite Animal. 

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

12 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Almost literally this but quite a bit more involved, because that fur doesn't get onto the suits themselves!

Precisely, on top of the fact that fur is very expensive, sometimes good Faux Fur being as much as 27.00 a yard.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

How warm are those suits (if you have ever worn one)?

Because I was working at a convention and some furry felt like it was needed to hug me, I touch his back and MAN! that was a .. wet experience ?

P.S. do furries act more 'free' in those costumes, because the normal boundaries are kind of 'gone'?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I suppose I should answer the question that maybe some of you are afraid to ask and it is indeed in regards to the more adult side of things.  That question being, isn't being furry a NSFW/Sexual thing? The answer to that surprises most people. 

So first I've got this graph from Vox that wrote an article about Furries back in March of 2015. I highly recommend checking it out because they do a really good job of discussing the fandom.

Link to the VOX article:

https://www.vox.com/2014/12/10/7362321/9-questions-about-furries-you-were-too-embarrassed-to-ask

Slide15.0.JPG

As you can see while there is the bit of the fandom that did have the more NSFW side of things influence their interest into the fandom, those numbers are honestly very low. For some people yes it is completely a sexual thing, while for others it isn't. Because the definition of a furry is:

In the broadest sense, a furry is someone with an interest in anthropomorphized animals — that is, animals who have been given human characteristics, like an ability to talk or walk on their hind legs.

So when it comes to the true meaning of the term Furry, some people just enjoy characters that fit that mold. Like Judy Hopps from Zootopia, Robin Hood from the Disney adaptation, and even Sonic.

I'd honestly hazard to say as is the case with any fandom that they're a lot less people that enjoy the sexual side of the fandom than do, it is simply that the adult side on occasion gets the most attention because it is the most outside the norm of it. They're of course also those who appreciate art for art instead of fetishizing it one way or the other. Then you have people who don't participate in that side of things at all, and even those who are repulsed by it all.  So while it does have its adult side, it is probably less adult than it is perceived to be.

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

How warm are those suits (if you have ever worn one)?

Because I was working at a convention and some furry felt like it was needed to hug me, I touch his back and MAN! that was a .. wet experience ?

P.S. do furries act more 'free' in those costumes, because the normal boundaries are kind of 'gone'?

So I've spent like all of a few minutes just in a friend's fursuit head and as a bigger guy I could have easily sweated buckets in it. They get extremely hot, like buying the fursuit/making it isn't just a you have that and you're done. You also need to buy a Balaclava, under armour, and a fan to keep yourself cool because heat stroke and heat sickness is very much a thing. Like even during the colder months the suits are very easier to overheat in. There is indeed the chance that the suiter that hugged you, and I assure suiters typically don't hug without consent so I hope that it didn't like taint your view of fursuiters, might have forgotten their under armour or something of that sort because the point of the under armour is to wick away sweat,

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower
  • Storage
    1 X WD 1TB HDD
    1 X Seagate 2TB HDD
  • PSU
    EVGA850 BQ
  • Display(s)
    HP 1920 X 1080 Monitor
    Acer 1440 X 900 Monitor
  • Cooling
    Enermax Liqmax III
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K68 RGB Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Sound
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Ultimate

53 minutes ago, minibois said:

While this is typically true, there is still an etiquette of sorts for being in fursuit around the public.

These are 3 of my favorite videos when it comes to fursuiting in public because they give the best in-depth view of the etiquette of fursuiting around people.

(watching these with subtitles at work is hilarious)

#AllBirbsAreEqual

My Humble Budget Build

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS B450M
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
    Rosewill ATX Mid-Tower