New Macbook pro announced with new dimensions

williamcll
8 hours ago, mr moose said:

Where the hell do you buy an $8 OEM for windows as an end user?  

Scdkeys.com I’ve bought like three copies from them. I always use Science Studio (now Greg Salazar) promo code to save a little more.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

if Apple could make a 14-inch MBP with a higher-res screen

It’s already at 2560x1600. That’s not high res enough?  

edit: it’s obviously going to be higher res since the display increases in size ?‍♂️ 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

50 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

It’s already at 2560x1600. That’s not high res enough?  

edit: it’s obviously going to be higher res since the display increases in size ?‍♂️ 

As someone who frequently needs a bunch of apps running at once, the higher the resolution the better!

6 minutes ago, Commodus said:

As someone who frequently needs a bunch of apps running at once, the higher the resolution the better!

Virtual desktops are your friend in that case. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 hours ago, Sorenson said:

Scdkeys.com I’ve bought like three copies from them. I always use Science Studio (now Greg Salazar) promo code to save a little more.

I've heard way too many stories about that site, and kinguin, g2A etc.   The only legitimate keys are the full software keys being sold secondhand by individuals,  OEM keys are not available legitimately from anyone except brand new from MS or a dealer.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

The only legitimate keys are the full software keys being sold secondhand by individuals,  OEM keys are not available legitimately from anyone except brand new from MS or a dealer.

legitimate or not, the keys work. At least in my experience. 

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

legitimate or not, the keys work. At least in my experience. 

Some of us care about not having our PC's become inactivated after purchase because of where the key was sourced.   Also I don't support people making money selling things they are not allowed to sell. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Some of us care about not having our PC's become inactivated after purchase because of where the key was sourced. 

I've had OEM keys activated on 2 home PCs and on my MBP for a little over 3 years. If becoming inactivated was ever going to happen, it would have happened already. 

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Also I don't support people making money selling things they are not allowed to sell. 

Well that's your decision. But me, personally, I'll save the $80. 

9 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I've had OEM keys activated on 2 home PCs and on my MBP for a little over 3 years. If becoming inactivated was ever going to happen, it would have happened already. 

That doesn't mean anything other than you managed to get some keys that haven't become defunct. 

12 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Well that's your decision. But me, personally, I'll save the $80. 

It works like this, every time you buy stolen goods you are making it more attractive to the person doing the stealing,  Some of these keys are brought with stolen credit cards, so when you get a key from those stores, you are adding to the cost of all legitimate business that is involved with CC payments.   It's essentially the same as paying a digital ransom, every time some one does it and criminals make money,  they go ahead and create a new ransomware program.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

every time you buy stolen goods you are making it more attractive to the person doing the stealing,  Some of these keys are brought with stolen credit cards, so when you get a key from those stores, you are adding to the cost of all legitimate business that is involved with CC payments.   It's essentially the same as paying a digital ransom, every time some one does it and criminals make money,  they go ahead and create a new ransomware program.

I really don't care, I'm not paying $100 for Windows 10. 

I really don't care, I'm not paying $100 for Windows 10. 

Then I expect you will never complain about banking fee's or coming home to find your house has been burgled or anything like that?  seeing as you don;t care where the goods came from.

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I'm not paying $100 for Windows 10. 

I think its more like $119 for home and $199 for pro. But at this point I agree. You should just download and install Linux for free. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Then I expect you will never complain about banking fee's or coming home to find your house has been burgled or anything like that? 

I uses banks without fees. If my house is burgled I have insurance. Neither of these scenarios are related to OEM windows 10 keys though. 

I uses banks without fees. If my house is burgled I have insurance. Neither of these scenarios are related to OEM windows 10 keys though. 

BS,  every time a fraudulent purchase is reversed guess who wears the cost?  I can guarantee you it isn't the bank or the insurance company or the business that sold it.  You do.  You think you don't, but you do.   Every time you support a criminal you are encouraging them to keep doing it.

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Every time you support a criminal you are encouraging them to keep doing it.

I. do. not. care.

2 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I. do. not. care.

then. stop, responding.

31 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Some of us care about not having our PC's become inactivated after purchase because of where the key was sourced.   Also I don't support people making money selling things they are not allowed to sell. 

A $119 key isn't much when spending on a new build, I got tired of having to reactivate an OEM key whenever I had to reinstall the OS, and IMO it's ironic people would rather pirate Windows or get some shady copy after buying a $2000 laptop.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

after buying a $2000 laptop.

A Laptop would come with a OEM copy of WIndows already activated. 

Its people who build systems like me that have to pay for a copy. OR find an alternate OS like Linux. 

7 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

A $119 key isn't much when spending on a new build, I got tired of having to reactivate an OEM key whenever I had to reinstall the OS, and IMO it's ironic people would rather pirate Windows or get some shady copy after buying a $2000 laptop.

Ditto,  The last 3 copies of windows I bought were full retail for exactly the same reason.  It works out to about a $1 a month with the advantage of multiple upgrades, no headaches, no sudden deactivation, no supporting grey market or dodgy markets.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

Ditto,  The last 3 copies of windows I bought were full retail for exactly the same reason.  It works out to about a $1 a month with the advantage of multiple upgrades, no headaches, no sudden deactivation, no supporting grey market or dodgy markets.

Congrats, you payed full retail for an OS microsoft give away for free or at a deep discount to everyone else. These are OEM copies of windows, meaning one time use. The site gets them at a deep discount because they are not reusable and then flips them for a profit. this is not the same as buying a steam code off ebay from some shady guy that got 5k review copies. Microsoft is still paid for the software. If you want to waste your money on a full retail price of windows go ahead. however, i would rather spend the money on the computer. You’re making claims that you aren’t backing up with any experience or evidence. Also, since i’m a teacher, I can get a full retail copy of windows 10 for $10 usd. Lastly, you payed $110 for an operating system that fully intends to take your data and profit from it and preload your computer with bloatware that it makes money off of.

9 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

These are OEM copies of windows, meaning one time use

No. OEM means they are for Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. Normal people like you and I are not suppose to be able to buy OEM copies. Newegg and Amazon just happen to sell them. Technically speaking OEM copies are locked to the motherboard and Microsoft does not provide technical assistance for OEM versions of Windows. The computer manufacutre provides the assitance instead. Legit OEM keys are like $80, like if you get them direct from Amazon or Newegg. The keys sold on G2A and other sites are grey market keys. Keys ment to be sold in lower income countries, or bought will stolen credit cards. 

On 11/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, Commodus said:

It's already official.

Huge upgrade -- they fixed the keyboard, allow up to 64GB of RAM and 8TB (!) of storage, offer better speakers and mics, plus include the usual performance boosts.  Not sure how the Radeon Pro 5300/5500M stacks up, but it's an improvement.  Also glad to see a 512GB SSD as the minimum despite the prices staying the same.

An update: Apple also says there's significantly improved airflow and a larger heatsink, so those of you prepared to grouse about thermal throttling... don't!  At least, not until there are reviews.

That doesn't seem bad, actually.

If it had better I/O and Function keys, I might actually consider it.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

22 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

No. OEM means they are for Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. Normal people like you and I are not suppose to be able to buy OEM copies. Newegg and Amazon just happen to sell them. Technically speaking OEM copies are locked to the motherboard and Microsoft does not provide technical assistance for OEM versions of Windows. The computer manufacutre provides the assitance instead. Legit OEM keys are like $80, like if you get them direct from Amazon or Newegg. The keys sold on G2A and other sites are grey market keys. Keys ment to be sold in lower income countries, or bought will stolen credit cards. 

You need evidence to back up your claim. If they weren’t legit Microsoft would sue them out of existence. Not every site is G2A. Also, whenAB759A63-9811-4FD6-9F3C-E852D85E25E0.thumb.png.6ca60ca55c4c283c9c079a5c0de5710c.png you talk to scdkeys customer service this is what they say:

Just now, Sorenson said:

you talk to scdkeys customer service this is what they say:

I trust corporations and rich people about as far as I can throw them. Which is not very far. No way Im putting my credit card info on a site I only heard about today as well. Listings for Windows 10 OEM on Amazon where around $100. Amazon is a well known site. 

Also as I said above. These companies buy keys from poooooor countries. Microsoft charges $119 in the US, but not across the world. In poorer countries Windows keys are VERY cheap. So they buy up the keys and sell them here in the US and every where. Technically not piracy. But is aginst the TOS of Microsoft. 

6 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

If they weren’t legit Microsoft would sue them out of existence. Not every site is G2A. Also, when

Not worth the Legal fees. Not when Microsoft can just deactivate those Windows installs. With all the data collection Windows 10 does, they dont give a fuck if you use Windows unactivate forever. All prevous versions of Windows only worked for 30 days or so unactivated, before they would stop. 

4 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I trust corporations and rich people about as far as I can throw them. Which is not very far. No way Im putting my credit card info on a site I only heard about today as well. Listings for Windows 10 OEM on Amazon where around $100. Amazon is a well known site. 

Also as I said above. These companies buy keys from poooooor countries. Microsoft charges $119 in the US, but not across the world. In poorer countries Windows keys are VERY cheap. So they buy up the keys and sell them here in the US and every where. Technically not piracy. But is aginst the TOS of Microsoft. 

Not worth the Legal fees. Not when Microsoft can just deactivate those Windows installs. With all the data collection Windows 10 does, they dont give a fuck if you use Windows unactivate forever. All prevous versions of Windows only worked for 30 days or so unactivated, before they would stop. 

Well my windows 10 pro has worked for the past two years and my friend has had it activated for about a year now from their site. If you’re worried use paypal like i do, that way the website never has my credit card info.